29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:18 am

I'm predicting this will be a round of upsets..

West Croydon will beat Smithfield
Central United will upset Fitzroy
Mawson Lakes will defeat Brahma
Ingle Farm to scrape over the line v TOS
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4023 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Seeing TOS last week I'm not sure Farmers winning would be an upset.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Arch44 wrote:Seeing TOS last week I'm not sure Farmers winning would be an upset.

Seeing Farmers last week I would say it is :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Zartan wrote:I'm predicting this will be a round of upsets..

Will they call them names?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7937 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

They may boo them
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

They may boo them

They must be racist then :oops: :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby woofwoof » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

They may boo them

no boo & no poo
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Congrats to Central United favourite FUIC drinking member Nathan Fatwick on the birth of his son Noah :-BD

I'm gutted.. I was sure he was going to call his son Jimmy Barnes Fenwick :(

Anyway the big fella to kick 6 this week and lead the Units to a heroic victory.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:05 pm

Any truth to the rumour that the Ingle Farm coach could be coaching for his career this weekend :shock:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:05 pm

Doing a preview on this weeks games Zartan?
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby zedman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Zartan wrote:Congrats to Central United favourite FUIC drinking member Nathan Fatwick on the birth of his son Noah :-BD

I'm gutted.. I was sure he was going to call his son Jimmy Barnes Fenwick :(

Anyway the big fella to kick 6 this week and lead the Units to a heroic victory.

at least if hes drinking he aint talking.. 8) #lovesachat
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:21 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Any truth to the rumour that the Ingle Farm coach could be coaching for his career this weekend :shock:

Yes. rumours are mounting Chris Boehm, C Grade coach may be stood down if they fail to register another win this weekend.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Arch44 wrote:Doing a preview on this weeks games Zartan?

I did -

haha i'll do it after 2nd lunch.. I'm hungry 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Brahma Lodge v Mawson Lakes - Mawson Lakes fresh from beating their drums against Ingle Farm will be brimming with confidence heading into this clash at Brahma Oval, and a match that holds no fears for the Mossie. Last time they clashed it was Mawson Lakes surprise victors by 13 points with Matty Ralph and Duncan Brown providing headaches up forward. Pride only on the line in this clash with neither being a genuine finals contender, but with Mawson Lakes playing the more consistent football of late and no Aloisi named for the Tigers I suspect the Mossies will get over the line in this clash by 1-10pts.

In the B grade the lads from Mawson Lakes were competitive against an undermanned Ingle Farm, they turned up ready to play and came within a whisker of escaping with a heroic victory. Reflecting on the game, they controlled most the key periods and statistics but were unable to capitalise. However the juggernaut out Brahma Lodge is flying and a top 2 spot beckons if they can tick the boxes they must. With Luke Nelson providing another avenue to goal, it creates greater headaches for opposition coaches who previously only needed to concern themselves with Mat Lehman and Brian Rudgley. Brahma play a simple, effective and smart style of football, and they wont be underestimating the Lakes in this clash - margin will exceed 15 goals.

Central United v Fitzroy - Like Mawson Lakes in the same corresponding round earlier in the year, Central United were able to defy all odds and record a famous victory away from home, beating Fitzroy by 26 points. Aaron Frith wound back the clock to his Paralowie days with a strong 5 goal performance on that occasion. This time around, Fitzroy arguably travelling better than they were, and Central United limping towards the end of the season, many would have the Lions pencilled in for a win - not me.. I think at Mofflin Reserve, the Units are a completely different side. They aren't fearful of the physical stuff and with Frith, Fenwick, Petersen, Bain, Clausen they have more than enough avenues to goal. Club legend Nathan Fenwick will be buoyed by the arrival of his first son, and when the big fella is up and about he drags his team along with him. They'll lift a knotch, the rain could prove pivotal in this match. For me I'm tipping an upset, Central United by under 18 points.

In the B grade, a draw last time they met, I don't feel Central United will be that fortunate this time around. They would need heavy rain to tip scales back towards their favour. Although haven't been able to record the results they would like, Fitzroy have displayed periods of quality football and competitiveness over the season, Matt Mancheff and Alex McAskill have proven to be a handful for opposition sides. The Lions to get the job done here to the tune of 5 goals.

Ingle Farm v Trinity OS - Literally the last roll of the dice this week for the Farmers. Past players day, 2x premiership reunions, playing home.. season on the line.. stakes couldn't be higher for the Bulldogs and the occasion is set for the opportunity for a memorable victory. In Round 7 it was Alex Cotter popping up with a powerful last 10min of the game to slot his 3 of his 4 goals are help TOS record a surprise come from behind victory. The smaller ground was played better on the day by the TOSSERs, and I left wondering how they would handle the vast expanses of Rowe Park. It's a long way back from last weeks lose to West Croydon and Ingle Farm would also be lamenting their disappointing effort against Mawson Lakes. This will be a crucial clash, cant see this being high scoring it'll be a dour hard fought slog. Questions still surround TOS and their ability to win games without the influence of Cotter, no doubt they'll be hell bent on proving the doubters wrong but I just get the feeling this game is the time the Farmers will rise to the occasion.. Ingle Farm by 7 points.

In the B grade it's a massive clash, Trinity hard fought winners last week v West Croydon continue to do enough and have secured that top 3 spot, with a top 2 - and possibly top spot not yet out of the question. Ingle Farm on the flip side have a tough run home and their form this season has been indifferent - when they win they do it tough, and when they lose they get blown away. This has seen their percentage take a battering and put them in a precarious position heading towards finals. Equation for Ingle Farm is simple - beat Trinity this week and all but secure that last finals spot, lose and its off to Hanson Rd to face bogey side West Croydon next week... this is Grand Final week for the Farmers B Grade and they'll be coming to play, set the tone for the A grade and lock away a finals spot. Ingle Farm by 3 points.

West Croydon v Smithfield - BOOM! What a ripper! Match of the round by a long way, two sides that love to score, two sides that play a fast paced, attacking style of football. Sides littered with talent - Ashby, Garner, Lane vs Wiles, Sumner, Cooper will provided a thrilling contest throughout the day. How each sides plans their match ups will prove pivotal to the result as well - I expect Jamie Curtis to get first crack at Matthews whilst Mark Prider looks a good matchup for McKinnon - although I would be inclined to send Abdulla back on him. Smithfield's firepower up forward, especially with the return of Matthews and Jamie Lane is clearly their greatest strength, the pressure will be on West Croydon to find a way to win the midfield battle. For the footy fans I hope the day remains dry and clear and we can witness these two sides go toe to toe all day in a shoot out. West Croydon are up and about, momentum building and they know what needs to be done, confidence will be sky high I'm thinking an upset is on the cards here - West Croydon by less than 10pts.

In the B Grade this will be a very interesting clash. Last time they met Smithfield destroyed a much weaker West Croydon, but this time around they're a different unit and they play Fawk Reserve with greater confidence so wont be without hope. The Hawks came within a whisker of knocking of TOS last weekend away from home so will have great belief they can get the job done in this clash and keep their season alive. They'll have their work cut out for them though with the likes of Joel Caylun, Justin Waters, Nathan Coulson, Kane Stocks and Ty Swepstone leading the charge. Unlike the A Grade, the weather will play an important part in this game and West Croydon will want the rain, which could potentially expose the bigger sized Smithfield side that's is carrying it's share of talls. I think this will prove to be quite an interesting game - an upset is not out of the question, but I suspect that Smithfield have enough quality across the midfield and up forward to counter the West Croydon attack. Smithfield by 5 goals.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:45 pm

Zartan wrote:Brahma Lodge v Mawson Lakes - Mawson Lakes fresh from beating their drums against Ingle Farm will be brimming with confidence heading into this clash at Brahma Oval, and a match that holds no fears for the Mossie. Last time they clashed it was Mawson Lakes surprise victors by 13 points with Matty Ralph and Duncan Brown providing headaches up forward. Pride only on the line in this clash with neither being a genuine finals contender, but with Mawson Lakes playing the more consistent football of late and no Aloisi named for the Tigers I suspect the Mossies will get over the line in this clash by 1-10pts.

In the B grade the lads from Mawson Lakes were competitive against an undermanned Ingle Farm, they turned up ready to play and came within a whisker of escaping with a heroic victory. Reflecting on the game, they controlled most the key periods and statistics but were unable to capitalise. However the juggernaut out Brahma Lodge is flying and a top 2 spot beckons if they can tick the boxes they must. With Luke Nelson providing another avenue to goal, it creates greater headaches for opposition coaches who previously only needed to concern themselves with Mat Lehman and Brian Rudgley. Brahma play a simple, effective and smart style of football, and they wont be underestimating the Lakes in this clash - margin will exceed 15 goals.

Central United v Fitzroy - Like Mawson Lakes in the same corresponding round earlier in the year, Central United were able to defy all odds and record a famous victory away from home, beating Fitzroy by 26 points. Aaron Frith wound back the clock to his Paralowie days with a strong 5 goal performance on that occasion. This time around, Fitzroy arguably travelling better than they were, and Central United limping towards the end of the season, many would have the Lions pencilled in for a win - not me.. I think at Mofflin Reserve, the Units are a completely different side. They aren't fearful of the physical stuff and with Frith, Fenwick, Petersen, Bain, Clausen they have more than enough avenues to goal. Club legend Nathan Fenwick will be buoyed by the arrival of his first son, and when the big fella is up and about he drags his team along with him. They'll lift a knotch, the rain could prove pivotal in this match. For me I'm tipping an upset, Central United by under 18 points.

In the B grade, a draw last time they met, I don't feel Central United will be that fortunate this time around. They would need heavy rain to tip scales back towards their favour. Although haven't been able to record the results they would like, Fitzroy have displayed periods of quality football and competitiveness over the season, Matt Mancheff and Alex McAskill have proven to be a handful for opposition sides. The Lions to get the job done here to the tune of 5 goals.

Ingle Farm v Trinity OS - Literally the last roll of the dice this week for the Farmers. Past players day, 2x premiership reunions, playing home.. season on the line.. stakes couldn't be higher for the Bulldogs and the occasion is set for the opportunity for a memorable victory. In Round 7 it was Alex Cotter popping up with a powerful last 10min of the game to slot his 3 of his 4 goals are help TOS record a surprise come from behind victory. The smaller ground was played better on the day by the TOSSERs, and I left wondering how they would handle the vast expanses of Rowe Park. It's a long way back from last weeks lose to West Croydon and Ingle Farm would also be lamenting their disappointing effort against Mawson Lakes. This will be a crucial clash, cant see this being high scoring it'll be a dour hard fought slog. Questions still surround TOS and their ability to win games without the influence of Cotter, no doubt they'll be hell bent on proving the doubters wrong but I just get the feeling this game is the time the Farmers will rise to the occasion.. Ingle Farm by 7 points.

In the B grade it's a massive clash, Trinity hard fought winners last week v West Croydon continue to do enough and have secured that top 3 spot, with a top 2 - and possibly top spot not yet out of the question. Ingle Farm on the flip side have a tough run home and their form this season has been indifferent - when they win they do it tough, and when they lose they get blown away. This has seen their percentage take a battering and put them in a precarious position heading towards finals. Equation for Ingle Farm is simple - beat Trinity this week and all but secure that last finals spot, lose and its off to Hanson Rd to face bogey side West Croydon next week... this is Grand Final week for the Farmers B Grade and they'll be coming to play, set the tone for the A grade and lock away a finals spot. Ingle Farm by 3 points.

West Croydon v Smithfield - BOOM! What a ripper! Match of the round by a long way, two sides that love to score, two sides that play a fast paced, attacking style of football. Sides littered with talent - Ashby, Garner, Lane vs Wiles, Sumner, Cooper will provided a thrilling contest throughout the day. How each sides plans their match ups will prove pivotal to the result as well - I expect Jamie Curtis to get first crack at Matthews whilst Mark Prider looks a good matchup for McKinnon - although I would be inclined to send Abdulla back on him. Smithfield's firepower up forward, especially with the return of Matthews and Jamie Lane is clearly their greatest strength, the pressure will be on West Croydon to find a way to win the midfield battle. For the footy fans I hope the day remains dry and clear and we can witness these two sides go toe to toe all day in a shoot out. West Croydon are up and about, momentum building and they know what needs to be done, confidence will be sky high I'm thinking an upset is on the cards here - West Croydon by less than 10pts.

In the B Grade this will be a very interesting clash. Last time they met Smithfield destroyed a much weaker West Croydon, but this time around they're a different unit and they play Fawk Reserve with greater confidence so wont be without hope. The Hawks came within a whisker of knocking of TOS last weekend away from home so will have great belief they can get the job done in this clash and keep their season alive. They'll have their work cut out for them though with the likes of Joel Caylun, Justin Waters, Nathan Coulson, Kane Stocks and Ty Swepstone leading the charge. Unlike the A Grade, the weather will play an important part in this game and West Croydon will want the rain, which could potentially expose the bigger sized Smithfield side that's is carrying it's share of talls. I think this will prove to be quite an interesting game - an upset is not out of the question, but I suspect that Smithfield have enough quality across the midfield and up forward to counter the West Croydon attack. Smithfield by 5 goals.

Ahhh that's better. ;)
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:54 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Any truth to the rumour that the Ingle Farm coach could be coaching for his career this weekend :shock:

Are you being serious or are you extracting the urine?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:56 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Are you being serious or are you extracting the urine?

He's not being serious - complete rubbish
The Bedge
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:12 am

So the Ingle Farm coach saves his job with a big win this week. Congrats Phil Manuel.

I also have some intel on the Lockleys coaching succession plan and I am not Con-ning you. :D
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby tkr » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 am

carey wrote:
Zartan wrote:Lockleys a class above, can comfortably say I think they're a better side than the Smithfield side that I saw the other week - they're fit, they're quick, strong overhead, penetrating kicks and the most important aspect - they're smart.. They maintain their structure and they blitzed Ingle Farm clinically today.

Pfft they (Lockleys) must be a 'class above' Smithfield if they beat a middle row Ingle Farm at Home. Give me a break, At home against average opposition yep Smitty was against average opposition as well but hey let's not forget 2 games clear on top, Haven't lost a game, Yet Lockleys lost at home to Mawsons who couldn't beat time on a drum! :oops: Ohh Lockleys must be good tho they beat Farmers after being close at 1/4 time....

Your all playing for second you idiots :oops: , Smithfield by the length of the straight. They'll play Trinity in the G/F. :shock:

I've watched a bit of div6 this year :oops: Smitty by the length of the straight, Trinity next best for mine. Lockleys and West Croydon over rated who ever finished 5th is wasting there time :oops: cause your behind them 2 and they're no good.

Whoa!!!

Trinity now only 1 game clear of 5th spot!! :shock:

Round 16

Ingle Farm 9-7 (61)
TOS 8-10 (58)

and Mawson Lakes found another drum to beat time on!

Mawson Lakes 12 - 6 (78)
Brahma Lodge 7 - 8 (50)
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby zedman » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:48 am

wristwatcher wrote:So the Ingle Farm coach saves his job with a big win this week. Congrats Phil Manuel.

I also have some intel on the Lockleys coaching succession plan and I am not Con-ning you. :D

fastest man over 100 metres in the state for his age..and the buttocks to prove it!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League