Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby finn » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:54 pm

BZB27 wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Which reminds me, we play them at home next week under lights, so if anyone's interested in a game of night footy, you ought to come on down for a gander and a beverage. :D

Maybe adelaide uni and us should go down next week after the way they acted at our game yesterday

What happened out of curiousity?
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby BZB27 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:34 pm

They just got on the turps all day on the outer side of the ground and just got stuck into both sides and being abit arrogant.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby finn » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:47 pm

BZB27 wrote:They just got on the turps all day on the outer side of the ground and just got stuck into both sides and being abit arrogant.

Ah, the excitement of youth, I almost remember that.
Sounds like the late game was quite a slog.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby BZB27 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Felt like a finals game and uni were just harder for longer and spread a bit better in that last qtr. Hopefully its the kick up the bum we needed.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Yank Man » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:24 pm

BZB27 wrote:Felt like a finals game and uni were just harder for longer and spread a bit better in that last qtr. Hopefully its the kick up the bum we needed.

Hope this comes over the right way BZB27 but Adel Uni were clearly the best team we have played in the last month. 'New age footy' is what they play and I also realise you guys had some guns out against us. The St Pauls bit interests me, hope they bring their best game Saturday and not their alcohol fuelled ego, they may be in for a bit of a shock. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby BZB27 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Yank Man wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Felt like a finals game and uni were just harder for longer and spread a bit better in that last qtr. Hopefully its the kick up the bum we needed.

Hope this comes over the right way BZB27 but Adel Uni were clearly the best team we have played in the last month. 'New age footy' is what they play and I also realise you guys had some guns out against us. The St Pauls bit interests me, hope they bring their best game Saturday and not their alcohol fuelled ego, they may be in for a bit of a shock. ;)

I agree we havnt played our best footy since the opening 3 games. We havnt maintain 4qtrs at all this year and have crusied through games, thats why i hope this loss is a wake up call. The Adelaide Uni coach said to our coach after the game that, that was their strongest side all year, got them again in 2 weeks to make amends.

Will be interesting to see the result of Mitchell Pk St Pauls next week.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:06 pm

BZB27 wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Which reminds me, we play them at home next week under lights, so if anyone's interested in a game of night footy, you ought to come on down for a gander and a beverage. :D

Maybe adelaide uni and us should go down next week after the way they acted at our game yesterday

Their coach and captain wouldn't be too pleased to hear they were riling up the two other teams in the top three.

That stuff sticks in people's heads and I reckon it's bit a few clubs in the arse before.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby crabman » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:07 pm

were they at least buying their booze over the bar?
crabman
Mini-League

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:36 pm

crabman wrote:were they at least buying their booze over the bar?

No.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:24 am

BZB27 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

I agree we havnt played our best footy since the opening 3 games. We havnt maintain 4qtrs at all this year and have crusied through games, thats why i hope this loss is a wake up call. The Adelaide Uni coach said to our coach after the game that, that was their strongest side all year, got them again in 2 weeks to make amends.

No Q, no Houghton?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:53 am

Might be the case ;)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:07 am

i know as a forward line player cant be kicking these 3 points in my last 2 weeks need to convert them into goals

uni played the corridor well didnt waste time kicking it out wide ran well probably 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter that set the 2 clubs apart
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:36 pm

Interesting moment on Saturday for this black duck when I was sideline coach and saw that North Pines had too many on the field at the start of the last quarter.

Could only chuckle silently to myself after they cottoned on and quickly got him off the ground.

"Don't worry, North Pines, we're not Angle Vale" was heard from the crowd.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 pm

morell wrote:Interesting moment on Saturday for this black duck when I was sideline coach and saw that North Pines had too many on the field at the start of the last quarter.

Could only chuckle silently to myself after they cottoned on and quickly got him off the ground.

:lol: :lol: That's a ripper!

There was an interesting moment at the Ingle Farm/Smithfield game Saturday where the Ingle Farm B Grade started warming up at the Smithfield end.. Smithfield did their lap and then plonked themselves smack bang in the middle of the Ingle Farm warm up - they got the message quick smart and p*ssed off to the other end :lol: :lol:

*edit* - reckon a few of the younger kids from Ingle Farm may have required a change in jocks and shorts as well :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BZB27 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

No Q, no Houghton?

he is coming back as a thug i think seen him in the weights room working on that punching bag
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Interesting moment on Saturday for this black duck when I was sideline coach and saw that North Pines had too many on the field at the start of the last quarter.

:lol: :lol: That's a ripper!

There was an interesting moment at the Ingle Farm/Smithfield game Saturday where the Ingle Farm B Grade started warming up at the Smithfield end.. Smithfield did their lap and then plonked themselves smack bang in the middle of the Ingle Farm warm up - they got the message quick smart and p*ssed off to the other end :lol: :lol:

*edit* - reckon a few of the younger kids from Ingle Farm may have required a change in jocks and shorts as well :lol:
Love it. That's all that needs to be done. Sounds like people are starting to subscribe to the Ode of Morell.

I must bump that thread too.
morell
Coach

Postby norm11 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Labelling the whole angle vale club is a bit harsh when it was one person who made the call to call a count ( me )
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:21 pm

norm11 wrote:Labelling the whole angle vale club is a bit harsh when it was one person who made the call to call a count ( me )

No it isnt - organisations get held accountable for individuals actions everyday... ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:13 pm

norm11 wrote:Labelling the whole angle vale club is a bit harsh when it was one person who made the call to call a count ( me )
Yeah understand, it was said in jest for a laugh.

Another odd thing happened with the A Grade actually.

Salisbury West took a bit long getting out of their huddle and the umpire balled it up when Mitchell Park were all ready but nobody from SW was in position. Our ruck-man grabbed it, and waited, then threw it back to the umpire once everyone was ready.

Thought it was interesting. Even the Salisbury West guy said he would've taken it and kicked it forward.
morell
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 am

is the league short on umpires this year
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21