Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby morell » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:22 am

Q. wrote:Which app is that?
But no seriously I am working on something which is pretty customised to what an amateur coach needs when on the sidelines. All of the current offerings I've seen are either designed around automating interchanges or tracking detailed statistics. Which is great and I am sure some would find that helpful, but that inherent complexity also makes them more expensive and difficult to use. I want something cheap, very simple and designed with amateur coaches in mind, not AFL ones.

@smdo33 is a bit of a technotard and couldn't tune an analogue TV, so perhaps doesn't understand some of the benefits such a tool would provide.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:32 am

morell wrote:
But no seriously I am working on something which is pretty customised to what an amateur coach needs when on the sidelines. All of the current offerings I've seen are either designed around automating interchanges or tracking detailed statistics. Which is great and I am sure some would find that helpful, but that inherent complexity also makes them more expensive and difficult to use. I want something cheap, very simple and designed with amateur coaches in mind, not AFL ones.

@smdo33 is a bit of a technotard and couldn't tune an analogue TV, so perhaps doesn't understand some of the benefits such a tool would provide.

Great idea! I've always though there needs to be an app along these lines - the ones that are available are ok but really only small aspects are useless in the bigger scheme of things.

I would purchase your app morel - especially if it meant I could get away from carrying a big ugly whiteboard around and forever losing magnets or having to create new ones 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:

Great idea! I've always though there needs to be an app along these lines - the ones that are available are ok but really only small aspects are useless in the bigger scheme of things.

I would purchase your app morel - especially if it meant I could get away from carrying a big ugly whiteboard around and forever losing magnets or having to create new ones 8)

Will it integrate morrell's top 10 footballing myths
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:

Naively I am not sure about any sort of commercial or business model in terms of providing it to others at this stage as it's pretty unique to my personal annoyances. Which are:

Different magnet names for players - "Who is Browny? Nah that's Smithy". I had three magnets on the board with names from people not playing representing players on the field because there was no magnet made or the A's nicked them.
Stupid nicknames on magnets - just because when he signed up he said his nickname was "Tank" doesn't mean it still is 14 years later.
Double up names on magnets - we had two Nick's play and sure enough, two Nick magnets.
Messy left over "x's and o's" on the whiteboard - someone somewhere thought it was a great idea to explain the switch in a permanent marker.
Having to fumble about picking the magnets off when in a rush and trying to make multiple changes - I've got a smashed hand and zero dexterity, it's not easy.

But I still want the flexibility of the free form magnet board in regards to shifting positions and structures to try things and see how they look.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:32 pm

marbles wrote:
Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:

Hahaha, what a good idea, I will put a link in there just for you marbles.
morell
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:42 pm

morell wrote:Naively I am not sure about any sort of commercial or business model in terms of providing it to others at this stage as it's pretty unique to my personal annoyances. Which are:

Different magnet names for players - "Who is Browny? Nah that's Smithy". I had three magnets on the board with names from people not playing representing players on the field because there was no magnet made or the A's nicked them.
Stupid nicknames on magnets - just because when he signed up he said his nickname was "Tank" doesn't mean it still is 14 years later.
Double up names on magnets - we had two Nick's play and sure enough, two Nick magnets.
Messy left over "x's and o's" on the whiteboard - someone somewhere thought it was a great idea to explain the switch in a permanent marker.
Having to fumble about picking the magnets off when in a rush and trying to make multiple changes - I've got a smashed hand and zero dexterity, it's not easy.

But I still want the flexibility of the free form magnet board in regards to shifting positions and structures to try things and see how they look.

I can relate to all those points :lol: Which is why my OCD kicks in each Friday evening - I have to have the same size magnets on my board, with the same font and format for names, and I had to print new labels for magnets so I've got it exactly right :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby cracka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Naively I am not sure about any sort of commercial or business model in terms of providing it to others at this stage as it's pretty unique to my personal annoyances. Which are:

I can relate to all those points :lol: Which is why my OCD kicks in each Friday evening - I have to have the same size magnets on my board, with the same font and format for names, and I had to print new labels for magnets so I've got it exactly right :lol:

Can relate to that.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:18 pm

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:
Zartan wrote:
morell wrote:Great idea! I've always though there needs to be an app along these lines - the ones that are available are ok but really only small aspects are useless in the bigger scheme of things.

Hahaha, what a good idea, I will put a link in there just for you marbles.

could be widely developed to be an extension app of www.foxsportspulse.com/ :) where names are already locked and loaded, and player history accessible, but save that for version 2.0 yea
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Funny you should say that marbles as I did actually do a quick check to see if Sporting Pule had an API, but alas it does not to the best of my knowledge.

Would be a great idea though. Pick your team from a list of already registered players from Sporting Pulse on the digital magnet board, and then save it as your named team once it's submitted. If some of the tracking and TOG stats were kept it would have some cool connotations for record keeping as well.

If they had an API or if I got access to their back-end infrastructure (nothing suss) it would be pretty simply to implement to be honest.

But yeah, baby steps. At the moment there are many simple things which need to be ticked off first.
morell
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:42 pm

they struggle to update the website because they are busy .....but i do agree that does sound great but im affraid this league aint that smart or have time to even add that
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Sporting Pulse is independent of the SAAFL
morell
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:57 am

the Big Q dog is due back soon seen him in the gym last night and allowed me to take a photo of him

Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:43 am

Bullshit, here he is.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 pm

Needs more beard.

Just throwing some weights around last night to tone up a bit...

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:21 pm

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:41 pm

You've nailed it LM
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:07 pm

i think flinders uni can cause an upset this week
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Hmmmm....

Nah.
morell
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:02 pm

morell wrote:Hmmmm....

Nah.

if flinders uni dont win ill shout you a beer next time you up at houghton :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Deal. But make it a coke ;)

And I guess Varcoe's knee is fine. Wish he took one more weeks rest though!!

IN: A.Varcoe, J.Sewer, R.Hollamby, J.Karpany, P.Dudley, D.Sartain

Some very handy ins for Angle Vale. Almost as if they've steeled themselves just for this game,. ..
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League