PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Re: Foxtel Cup Axed

Postby dedja » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Having more legs on one side starts to explain why the Redbacks have been going round in circles for so long ... FFS
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby on the rails » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:18 pm

So we will never have the joy and fun ever again watching the Power Reserves losing to a Qld Amatuer oufit!!! What a great day that was!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Tassie Blues » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yeah I think he's mistaking the black stripe that is the edge of the body as another leg.
As Booney said if anything its one leg short on its left side possibly due to the cut off of the icon or the angle its done on with 2 blurring into one but has 4 on the right.

PS I think this current conversation shows the current interest in the Foxtel Cup. :lol:

I think the redback chewed its 8th leg off to trying to get off the logo for such an underperforming team.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Like most of us said from its inception just a MICKEY MOUSE COMPETITION nothing but a FARCE good riddance.

Foxtel in conjunction with the AFL should come up with a true Foxtel Cup which solely consists of the AFL Reserves teams its so bludddyyy simple !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Rising Power » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:42 pm

Agree. West Adelaide should hand back the $100k they won just to reinforce that point.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby blues2002 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Yeah I guess no one really cared.

Timing was good though. 20 Years too late. That suits SA and WA especially. Takes us that long to digest national footy issues.

Hopefully no one else will ever spend money and dare mess with our leagues by offering a national 2nd tier comp again.

Only the AFL should be allowed to promote any semblance of a national league or cup comp :P
blues2002
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby UK Fan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Yeah you couldn't keep up with the demand for Foxtel Cup tickets from the fans of the Victorian or NSW sides, being progressive states and all that........................
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:35 pm

AFL reality TV show The Recruit won’t be back on air next year, Foxtel has confirmed.

Instead the broadcaster says it will rest the show next season before a second series airs in 2016.

The network and League had proclaimed the show a huge success after its debut in the second half of the 2014 season. It aired on mainstream entertainment channel Fox 8.

The series culminated with South Australian Johann Wagner winning a rookie contract with Port Adelaide at a specially convened draft meeting in preliminary final week.

Irishman Padraig Lucey was subsequently picked up by Geelong as a category B rookie.

The decision not to produce a series in 2015 was based on a number of factors, including the departure of Michael Voss to become an assistant coach at the Power.

Voss was the coach in the first series, starring alongside former Hawthorn player Ben Dixon, sports psychologist Leigh Russell and Port Adelaide fitness guru Darren Burgess.

"The break between series will also enable both Foxtel and McGuire Media to find a comparable replacement for Michael Voss in the coach role," Foxtel told AFL.com.au.

AFL.com.au understands the show’s producers at McGuire Media are also keen to engage further with club recruiters in an attempt to get more support from them and better cater for their needs.

The AFL said it remained committed to the reality television concept.

"We look forward to the return of The Recruit in 2016," a League spokesman said.

The decision to keep The Recruit off-air next year comes amidst uncertainty surrounding the future of the Foxtel Cup state league tournament, with a final call imminent.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Re: Foxtel Cup To Be Axed?

Postby holden78 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:39 pm

Was always a joke of a comp.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby PhilH » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Now official from afl.com.au

THE FOXTEL Cup has been axed.

AFL.com.au revealed in mid-November that the midweek knockout competition – which has pitted the best state league clubs from around the country against each other for a $100,000 prize for the past four years – was in jeopardy because clubs wanted to focus more on achieving success in their respective competitions.

In announcing on Wednesday the Foxtel Cup would not continue for a fifth season, Simon Lethlean – the AFL's general manager of broadcasting, scheduling and major projects – said the competition had proved beneficial for state-league players.

"The Foxtel Cup was designed to provide another pathway from the state leagues around Australia for players to showcase their wares for a potential AFL career," Lethlean said.

"In the four seasons across 2011-2014, a total of 25 players who had played in teams from the Foxtel Cup were drafted on to AFL lists, including most recently West Adelaide's Sam Durdin, who was selected by North Melbourne in round one of last week's NAB AFL Draft.

"However … the demands of the Foxtel Cup have had to work alongside the goals of senior state league sides, in regards to seeking team success within their state competition, which has proven to be an ongoing challenge."
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby UK Fan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:45 pm

PhilH wrote:"In the four seasons across 2011-2014, a total of 25 players who had played in teams from the Foxtel Cup were drafted on to AFL lists, including most recently West Adelaide's Sam Durdin, who was selected by North Melbourne in round one of last week's NAB AFL Draft.

Or in other terms, 25 players from the State Leagues who happened to appear in a Foxtel Cup game. Obviously it was all about their involvement in this dynamic competition.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby stan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:57 pm

UK Fan wrote:
PhilH wrote:"In the four seasons across 2011-2014, a total of 25 players who had played in teams from the Foxtel Cup were drafted on to AFL lists, including most recently West Adelaide's Sam Durdin, who was selected by North Melbourne in round one of last week's NAB AFL Draft.

Or in other terms, 25 players from the State Leagues who happened to appear in a Foxtel Cup game. Obviously it was all about their involvement in this dynamic competition.

Nah mate the Foxtel cup was all the difference lol
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Psyber » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yeah I think he's mistaking the black stripe that is the edge of the body as another leg.
As Booney said if anything its one leg short on its left side possibly due to the cut off of the icon or the angle its done on with 2 blurring into one but has 4 on the right.

PS I think this current conversation shows the current interest in the Foxtel Cup. :lol:

Yes it appears this is the abdomen and the top of this bit is not meant to be a leg.
The bottom part is then still one leg short.

Abdomen.jpg
Abdomen.jpg (1.78 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

I also agree the interest in this reflects the lack of interest in the Foxtel Cup!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:29 pm

Psyber wrote:

Yes it appears this is the abdomen and the top of this bit is not meant to be a leg.
The bottom part is then still one leg short.

Abdomen.jpg

I also agree the interest in this reflects the lack of interest in the Foxtel Cup!

Yep. My bad
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 pm

PhilH wrote:Now official from afl.com.au

THE FOXTEL Cup has been axed.

AFL.com.au revealed in mid-November that the midweek knockout competition – which has pitted the best state league clubs from around the country against each other for a $100,000 prize for the past four years – was in jeopardy because clubs wanted to focus more on achieving success in their respective competitions.

In announcing on Wednesday the Foxtel Cup would not continue for a fifth season, Simon Lethlean – the AFL's general manager of broadcasting, scheduling and major projects – said the competition had proved beneficial for state-league players.

"The Foxtel Cup was designed to provide another pathway from the state leagues around Australia for players to showcase their wares for a potential AFL career," Lethlean said.

"In the four seasons across 2011-2014, a total of 25 players who had played in teams from the Foxtel Cup were drafted on to AFL lists, including most recently West Adelaide's Sam Durdin, who was selected by North Melbourne in round one of last week's NAB AFL Draft.

"However … the demands of the Foxtel Cup have had to work alongside the goals of senior state league sides, in regards to seeking team success within their state competition, which has proven to be an ongoing challenge."

What is the prize money for the SANFL Premiers?
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL