Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:51 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:And here I was, thinking Benny knew everything. Now I find out he just Wikis it. ;)

:)

I did actually write a wiki article once :)

On how to put up false stats on wiki?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:55 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:And here I was, thinking Benny knew everything. Now I find out he just Wikis it. ;)

And this is why we were told in school not to use Wikipedia for research assignments ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:57 am

Wikipedia is awesome if you don't blindly just regurgitate what is on there like I did :)

Wouldn't have got through uni without it
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:23 pm

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

On how to put up false stats on wiki?

Gold!!!!

How annoying are these know nothing afl fans hey Booney ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:09 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Lived in Perth for 3 years in a State Manager role which I saw first hand the effects mining has on the economy with cashed up bogans so got a pretty good idea mate. Still thanks for the economic information Tom Piotrowski.

So you know you don't have to be too smart to earn good money, yet you still made the comment. You seem to have as much intelligence as Tex does, you must of done wonders for the company you worked for. The economy done pretty well with all those cashed up bogans hasn't it.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:10 am

stan wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:I do laugh at people's pathetic comments about the blokes speech. Easy to forget that the best ever captain both Carlton and South Australia has ever had couldn't string a sentence together. Put up or shut up it's pretty simple.

Put up what exactly? People have criticized the selection of a captain your response is to get very defensive and say "Put up or shut up"?

Also Sticks is an intelligent man and also was a much better player that Walker is at the moment. I dont believe a comparison between the two at the moment is fair on Walkers part.

As I have said it is an interesting appointment by the crows because at least he says what he thinks. Hard to judge if it will be a good or bad appointment.

Yeah upon looking back I could have worded that differently. In hind sight I meant that performances will do the talking and its time for him and the Crows to put up or shut up.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:28 am

kickinit wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Lived in Perth for 3 years in a State Manager role which I saw first hand the effects mining has on the economy with cashed up bogans so got a pretty good idea mate. Still thanks for the economic information Tom Piotrowski.

So you know you don't have to be too smart to earn good money, yet you still made the comment. You seem to have as much intelligence as Tex does, you must of done wonders for the company you worked for. The economy done pretty well with all those cashed up bogans hasn't it.

Just a bit of a different situation. Those cashed up bogans didn't have the supreme athletic and footballing tallent from a young age and even though from the country still remained focused enough to become a well performed AFL tallent and didn't piss it up the wall like many, many people we all know. It's not like he was in the right place at the right time and because he did a 2 week heavy vehicles driving course he gets the chance to drive a truck for 5 years at 130k p.a in Australia's hottest locations until the mine pisses him off because the boom is over and unless he was great at his job won't be picked up again.

The economy did well in Perth ill give you that but its slowing up and with declining prices its bringing back the WA and QLD (plus a bit of stabilisation compared to 2012 in many other states) to reality and not continuing a once in a generation growth boom for 4 years.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:48 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
stan wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:I do laugh at people's pathetic comments about the blokes speech. Easy to forget that the best ever captain both Carlton and South Australia has ever had couldn't string a sentence together. Put up or shut up it's pretty simple.

Put up what exactly? People have criticized the selection of a captain your response is to get very defensive and say "Put up or shut up"?

Also Sticks is an intelligent man and also was a much better player that Walker is at the moment. I dont believe a comparison between the two at the moment is fair on Walkers part.

As I have said it is an interesting appointment by the crows because at least he says what he thinks. Hard to judge if it will be a good or bad appointment.

Yeah upon looking back I could have worded that differently
. In hind sight I meant that performances will do the talking and its time for him and the Crows to put up or shut up.

Which bit? The big cliche or the ill-informed Kernahan remarks?
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:08 am

What do you mean? I made the initial comment about speech. Others bought in the intelligence discussion.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 am

Kernahan did have a hard-to-understand and slow drawl, he still does. Anddddd he had a mullet.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:33 am

Staaaand by your maaaannnn....
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:02 am

Dutchy wrote:
Does this mean Sloane (obvious choice as Capt IMO) is in danger of leaving also?

I see what you did there....
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby MW » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:28 am

All this crap talk about Texs captaincy is a tad premature...wait and see people.
The best player isn't neccessarily the best captain. You would be silly to appoint Sloane or Dangerfield without them committing long term.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:38 am

MW wrote:All this crap talk about Texs captaincy is a tad premature...wait and see people.
The best player isn't neccessarily the best captain. You would be silly to appoint Sloane or Dangerfield without them committing long term.

SLoane isn't going anywhere...

Danger on the other hand

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:40 am

MW wrote:All this crap talk about Texs captaincy is a tad premature...wait and see people.

Absolutely. They could have, however, behind closed doors, advised Dangerfield he was to be captain.

I wonder if they did, what the outcome of that there meeting would have been? Might have been a way for the football department down there at West Lakes to get a good feel for his intentions.

"Rodney, we're going to make you the captain of the AFC"

"err..ummm..."

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby MW » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:43 am

I've got no doubt it would have been offered to Danger if he signed now...but he won't so he didn't get it. If he stays (i give it a 10% chance), can always do what the Hawks did with Mitchell and Hodge.
On Sloane, I have a feeling that last year being the joint captain he did not embrace it entirely...so may have chosen not to take it on this year.

IMO, the best option would have been to retain VB in the role until these contracts are sorted
MW
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:53 am

MW wrote:I've got no doubt it would have been offered to Danger if he signed now...but he won't so he didn't get it. If he stays (i give it a 10% chance), can always do what the Hawks did with Mitchell and Hodge.
On Sloane, I have a feeling that last year being the joint captain he did not embrace it entirely...so may have chosen not to take it on this year.

IMO, the best option would have been to retain VB in the role until these contracts are sorted

Is there any guarantee that VB is in the starting line Up?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby MW » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:55 am

nope.
MW
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Can't have your Skipper playing 2s. If he doesn't break into the side by round 16 then retirement looms.
Could VB play and not be the tagger.
They had to make the call now, who knows how long it might take to sort the other contracts out.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:03 pm

reckon VB could play at half back, he did alright there before sando turned him into a tagger
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL