Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby MW » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:At the end of the day if he was hellbent on staying he would have signed by now.

With being a restricted free agent and Crows being able to match Geelongs offer is there any rules around the tenure of the contract? i.e. If Geelongs offer is 5 years and the Crows match it does that mean he is a Crows player for the full 5 years or only until he becomes an unrestricted free agent?

Not sure there.

What if :

Geelong offer to sign him to a 2 year deal worth $2.0m. Then 6 months in sign him to a 3 year extension at $500k P.A meaning it's $3.5 over 5 years = $700k P.A

Adelaide would only be obliged to match the initial 2 year $2.0m contract to keep him (as the 3 year extension could be hidden) , unlikely. If they were to have to match $700k P.A for 5 years they'd do it easily.

Further to Dutchy's question, is there a minimum contract length for restricted free agents?

Anyway, my gut feel is that he's staying now, it wasn't up until the last week or two.

Sounds like something we would do *cough* Tippett *cough*
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:05 pm

Corona Man wrote:Yes I know I am screwed... thank god for Foxtel!

As a Cat (formerley) in Adelaide all I can say is Inside Football is your friend.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Fluffbag » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:07 pm

A couple of things I saw with the crows,

1. Need to improve kicking out from behind as we seem to kick to a pack most times and the ball is kept within the 50.
2. Should we have another ruckman and keep Jenkins in the forward line?
3. Do we tag Ablett this week and if so, who does it?
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby MW » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Fluffbag wrote:A couple of things I saw with the crows,

1. Need to improve kicking out from behind as we seem to kick to a pack most times and the ball is kept within the 50.

1. Kicking efficiency is probably not good enough to hit targets with the kick out at the moment so safer option kick it long outside the 50m towards key position players and either mark or kill it over the line and re-group on the wing.
2. We need another key forward but would prefer Jenkins pinch hitting in the ruck. Someone like Charlie Dixon would be great.
3. Yes, rotate about 3 players on him and that probably won't even be enough.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2596 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Did you watch Sunday? You blokes took it from deep in defence to the wings without any problems at all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7484 times
Been liked: 10771 times

Postby Fluffbag » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Booney wrote:

Did you watch Sunday? You blokes took it from deep in defence to the wings without any problems at all.

I was probably thinking most about the last quarter when the pressure was on, I thought we was kicking to a pack a lot and could not get the ball out of the backline.

Also saw it in other games during the year, my memory is going but I thought Matthew Jaensch used to be the dedicated kicker and don't know if we got the replacement at the moment.

It is probably the hardest kick in the game and require the right player to do it.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Postby Fluffbag » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:25 pm

MW wrote:

1. Kicking efficiency is probably not good enough to hit targets with the kick out at the moment so safer option kick it long outside the 50m towards key position players and either mark or kill it over the line and re-group on the wing.
2. We need another key forward but would prefer Jenkins pinch hitting in the ruck. Someone like Charlie Dixon would be great.
3. Yes, rotate about 3 players on him and that probably won't even be enough.

I am probably in the minority but I like Jenkins in the forward line as he will never be a star but he gives a honest effort each week and will kick approx 2 goals per games.

As a replacement to Tippett, his best is not as good as Kurt can be but is a lot more consistent and his body is stronger to deal with the amount of games you need to play each year. I think his game has improved with Eddie Betts being down and taking more attention.
Fluffbag
Under 16s

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Booney wrote:

I thought our kicking was excellent on the weekend, probably the best it has been all season, particularly Henderson who was very composed every time he had the ball
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:12 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:

I thought our kicking was excellent on the weekend, probably the best it has been all season, particularly Henderson who was very composed every time he had the ball

Except that one time he kicked it straight to Wingard from the kick in and just stood in the goal square hands on hips as Wingard gathered the loose ball and snapped a goal. He couldve prevented the goal had he not been sulking
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby hawks21 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Sloane has been cleared and should be back this week, possibly Cheney and Ellis-Yoleman all up for selection also.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby helicopterking » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:09 pm

M.Crouch omitted. Odd
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:39 pm

Yeah thought he had gone well. On the other hand I'm glad they just didn't omit Atkins or knight as they are giving us something, particularly knight
bennymacca
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:25 am

Scrappy game on the weekend, Crows were very flat after the showdown and lacked real intensity the whole game. We feasted on GC turn overs and played a good last quarter. Charlie Cameron and Jake Lever are getting better every game! When I heard Talia was out I was worried with such an undersized and inexperienced backline against the three GC talls (Charlie Dixon is a beast), early they looked dangerous but I thought the backline fought back well in the 2nd half.

Good to see some Lyons, Crouch, CEY etc all dominating the SANFL. Would expect 1-2 to come back in against Sydney this week and maybe Cheney, I would also re-jig the backline and drop Henderson, as soon as he’s near an opponent he turns to water!
hawks21
Reserves

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:30 am

hawks21 wrote:Scrappy game on the weekend, Crows were very flat after the showdown and lacked real intensity the whole game. We feasted on GC turn overs and played a good last quarter. Charlie Cameron and Jake Lever are getting better every game! When I heard Talia was out I was worried with such an undersized and inexperienced backline against the three GC talls (Charlie Dixon is a beast), early they looked dangerous but I thought the backline fought back well in the 2nd half.

Good to see some Lyons, Crouch, CEY etc all dominating the SANFL. Would expect 1-2 to come back in against Sydney this week and maybe Cheney, I would also re-jig the backline and drop Henderson, as soon as he’s near an opponent he turns to water!

Disagree about henderson, he was probably our most composed backman in the showdown.

Also loved the games of Lever and Cameron, I think in the last month or so it has been our younger players that have driven our decent form.

If you had told me that Lynch and Dixon would kick 7 between them and Bennell would have 38 touches, I would have been pretty worried, but our forward line functioned really well.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:37 am

bennymacca wrote:
hawks21 wrote:Scrappy game on the weekend, Crows were very flat after the showdown and lacked real intensity the whole game. We feasted on GC turn overs and played a good last quarter. Charlie Cameron and Jake Lever are getting better every game! When I heard Talia was out I was worried with such an undersized and inexperienced backline against the three GC talls (Charlie Dixon is a beast), early they looked dangerous but I thought the backline fought back well in the 2nd half.

Disagree about henderson, he was probably our most composed backman in the showdown.

Also loved the games of Lever and Cameron, I think in the last month or so it has been our younger players that have driven our decent form.

If you had told me that Lynch and Dixon would kick 7 between them and Bennell would have 38 touches, I would have been pretty worried, but our forward line functioned really well.

How do you rate the Crows chances this week against the Swans in Sydney... they appear to be playing well below their best!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3477 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:37 am

Can the AFC arrange for Lever to be given guernsey #8?

If he isn't a Nathan Bassett clone.....socks down, gangly, slightly awkward yet effective way of delivering the ball from hand > foot when kicking.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:44 am

Corona Man wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

How do you rate the Crows chances this week against the Swans in Sydney... they appear to be playing well below their best!

Seems like a good time to get Sydney. I won't be picking them but it seems to be the most likely upset from this weeks games
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:47 am

I don't think getting Sydney after they've had two of their biggest losses in recent memory back-to-back is a good time to get them at all.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby hawks21 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Henderson will play well when he is loose man in defence, as soon as he gets an opponent he struggles massively IMO.

Yeah we looked very dangerous when we moved the ball quickly and kicked long to Jenkins one on one. He is another one who has improved a lot.
hawks21
Reserves

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Booney wrote:I don't think getting Sydney after they've had two of their biggest losses in recent memory back-to-back is a good time to get them at all.

would still rather that than them coming off a ten goal win in the west. They are playing pretty poorly lately
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL