Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby Feenix » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:50 am

helicopterking wrote:How about this trade.
Dangerfield to Geelong for Pick 9 & George Horlin Smith.
Send Pick 9 to PA for Hartlett. In saying that,Other teams might have something better to offer Hartlett.

I've got another trade in mind
Dangerfield for Chris Scott

Crows get a coach and Dangerfield gets to go home
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Lance's brother » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 am

Hey, it could be worse, we could be Port supporters! ;)
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 am

hawks21 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:How about this trade.
Dangerfield to Geelong for Pick 9 & George Horlin Smith.
Send Pick 9 to PA for Hartlett. In saying that,Other teams might have something better to offer Hartlett.

Crows will be hoping for a lot more. Surely the Beams deal last year (First round, second round + Cripps) is a starting point.

People also need to stop going on about 'we should have taken pick 2 and 3 from Melbourne last year'. He was never going to go to Melbourne and we couldnt force him as he was contracted.

Also Bock and Davis would still be playing for the Crows if the GC and GWS were not in the comp, both were given massive $$$$ they could not say no too.

i will wait till the end of trade period to see what club does Coach and player wise before getting too upset! Hey it could be worse, we could be Carlton Supporters!

the mail is the crows will match it and ask for two first rounders
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby helicopterking » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:56 am

The draft sucks this year.
Crows get compensation pick 9, get Horlin Smith and use the pick 9 for Hartlett, and still have Pick 13.

Both players would be highly effective at the Crows.
Seems better then 2 first rounders in an average draft.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Crows 2015

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 am

helicopterking wrote:The draft sucks this year.
Crows get compensation pick 9, get Horlin Smith and use the pick 9 for Hartlett, and still have Pick 13.

Both players would be highly effective at the Crows.
Seems better then 2 first rounders in an average draft.

Compensation pick 9?

It would be directly after our first pick, which would make it 14

The two first rounders would be Geelongs first picks in this draft and next years

Or are you talking about Geelong trading their round 1 pick plus horlin smith?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:36 am

Horlin-Smith has a contract till the end of 2018 at Geelong.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:37 am

Dangerfield for bill brownless
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 432 times
Been liked: 402 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:47 am

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:With all this talk about it, can they stage manage it through and not announce it until after the Brownlow.....then, would Dangerfield want Grand Final week to be about him / Geelong / Adelaide?

I think they should announce it now, nobody would question him going to or being at the BnF or the Brownlow as an Adelaide Crow. Technically, he is a Crow until October 31 regardless.

agree, no crow fan would care if he announced it now and then still sat with the crows at these events.

Im seeing a lot of spiteful comments on Facebook news posts from Adelaide fans that seem to go against what you are saying.

There is going to be a lot of hate for the man in this town when he leaves I think.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby TEX07 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:52 am

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:With all this talk about it, can they stage manage it through and not announce it until after the Brownlow.....then, would Dangerfield want Grand Final week to be about him / Geelong / Adelaide?

I think they should announce it now, nobody would question him going to or being at the BnF or the Brownlow as an Adelaide Crow. Technically, he is a Crow until October 31 regardless.

agree, no crow fan would care if he announced it now and then still sat with the crows at these events.

Im seeing a lot of spiteful comments on Facebook news posts from Adelaide fans that seem to go against what you are saying.

There is going to be a lot of hate for the man in this town when he leaves I think.

I find that the most vocal Crows supporters are usually the worst! Personally I cant fault the way he has gone about his business, was probably always going to leave but has handled it so well all season. I certainly wont be one of the Crows fans booing him when he plays against us. The guy just wants to go home, simple as that, he is taking less money than what he could get elsewhere (or even here for that matter), he is getting married and would want to start a family near his own family. Pretty sure his teammates wouldnt care if he is on their table or at B&F, these guys will always be mates. As an Adelaide fan I cant stand a lot of Adelaide supporters. We were voted the team all others loved to hate and I would say 90% of that is down to the fans IMO.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:56 am

TEX07 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I find that the most vocal Crows supporters are usually the worst! Personally I cant fault the way he has gone about his business, was probably always going to leave but has handled it so well all season. I certainly wont be one of the Crows fans booing him when he plays against us. The guy just wants to go home, simple as that, he is taking less money than what he could get elsewhere (or even here for that matter), he is getting married and would want to start a family near his own family. Pretty sure his teammates wouldnt care if he is on their table or at B&F, these guys will always be mates. As an Adelaide fan I cant stand a lot of Adelaide supporters. We were voted the team all others loved to hate and I would say 90% of that is down to the fans IMO.

100%
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:59 am

Will always get a very small minority of weak supporters who voice out, the media and opposition supporters will then swarm around them and the perception will be its the majority of supporters. Just the way it is
another grub
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:00 pm

quote]
I find that the most vocal Crows supporters are usually the worst! Personally I cant fault the way he has gone about his business, was probably always going to leave but has handled it so well all season. I certainly wont be one of the Crows fans booing him when he plays against us. The guy just wants to go home, simple as that, he is taking less money than what he could get elsewhere (or even here for that matter), he is getting married and would want to start a family near his own family. Pretty sure his teammates wouldnt care if he is on their table or at B&F, these guys will always be mates. As an Adelaide fan I cant stand a lot of Adelaide supporters. We were voted the team all others loved to hate and I would say 90% of that is down to the fans IMO.[/quote]

Your "fans" or at least a good percentage of them is a large factor. For me it's the slogans - the team for all south Australians, and the team song - the pride of south Australia..... and worst of all.... admiration of the nation. Nothing like a bit of self proclamation!

Can you imagine any of the Melbourne clubs using "the team for all victorians" as their positioning statement?? Not likely!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby another grub » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Revert back to the old song? How did it go again?
another grub
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:06 pm

Corona Man wrote:Your "fans" or at least a good percentage of them is a large factor. For me it's the slogans - the team for all south Australians, and the team song - the pride of south Australia..... and worst of all.... admiration of the nation. Nothing like a bit of self proclamation!

Can you imagine any of the Melbourne clubs using "the team for all victorians" as their positioning statement?? Not likely!

Good points - Have often wondered how the Victorian or Western Australians in the group would feel about claiming to be the pride of a different state. The club feels plastic and purely corporaqte most of the time, although I will say they earnt a bit of respect for the way they rallied throughout the adversity they faced this year.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby TEX07 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Corona Man wrote:quote]

Your "fans" or at least a good percentage of them is a large factor. For me it's the slogans - the team for all south Australians, and the team song - the pride of south Australia..... and worst of all.... admiration of the nation. Nothing like a bit of self proclamation!

Can you imagine any of the Melbourne clubs using "the team for all victorians" as their positioning statement?? Not likely![/quote]

I see your point, but the song was written when we were a one club state, cant really change it when Port came in, I dont have a real issue with our song. The latest slogan #weflyasone IMO was a direct copy of what Power have done with #weareportadelaide. I think that the Walsh tragedy brought our supporter base closer and made the slogan more important, but up until then I wasnt a fan, mostly because it was too similar to Ports.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby Corona Man » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:13 pm

JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Your "fans" or at least a good percentage of them is a large factor. For me it's the slogans - the team for all south Australians, and the team song - the pride of south Australia..... and worst of all.... admiration of the nation. Nothing like a bit of self proclamation!

Good points - Have often wondered how the Victorian or Western Australians in the group would feel about claiming to be the pride of a different state. The club feels plastic and purely corporaqte most of the time, although I will say they earnt a bit of respect for the way they rallied throughout the adversity they faced this year.

Yes I get your point about this year. Curious question though, yep they "rallied" and finished off the season with a bit of G&D.... but what's the alternative.... curl up the toes?? Respect will be enhanced if they come back fitter, stronger next season with a game plan they can execute, and not turn the ball over when the heat is on! For me that will earn my respect. Look at West Coast, they beat us at our own game (as did Port & Richmond this season) and good luck to them!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:14 pm

TEX07 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:quote]

I see your point, but the song was written when we were a one club state, cant really change it when Port came in, I dont have a real issue with our song. The latest slogan #weflyasone IMO was a direct copy of what Power have done with #weareportadelaide. I think that the Walsh tragedy brought our supporter base closer and made the slogan more important, but up until then I wasnt a fan, mostly because it was too similar to Ports.[/quote]

Admiration of the nation.... really.... one team state or not, that's a long bow!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby KEYDEFENDER » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Trade Mckay to Carlton for Pick 1, and second round pick and let Danger go to the P/S Draft.. backhanded deal with Carlton.
KEYDEFENDER
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby TEX07 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:22 pm

I never said I liked the song, or the words that are written. I personally think most of the songs that are written for new or franchise clubs are pretty lame to be honest.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby TEX07 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:23 pm

KEYDEFENDER wrote:Trade Mckay to Carlton for Pick 1, and second round pick and let Danger go to the P/S Draft.. backhanded deal with Carlton.

Dangerfield will not get into any draft, something will get done and is probably already done in theory with Geelong.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL