Crows 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2015

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:What if the Crows got that info and it was bogus? You can't base your entire plan around that. Even if it was on paper. It hardly helped, the dogs jumped the gun and coughed up 4 goals from their first defensive inside 50's. Again I can't see how this is worse than having a club spy attend a closed training session and this continuously gets ignored by the league.

So u wouldn't be to upset if you found out Danger knowing he was leaving the Crows gave Geelong a bunch of inside information on the Crows players before the last minor round game of the year

if course I would be upset, but i wouldnt blame Geelong if they used this information, I would blame Danger.

Unless the crows specifically asked M Talia to spy for them i fail to see how this anything at all to do with the crows

I agree with you, if Talia got the info from his bro and told the crows without them requesting or knowing I doubt and agree that the Crows should not be punished

But for example If Geelong had sourced the information and politely asked it from Danger would you think Geeling would have a case to answer considering they would be probably the only people knowing where his future lied

That's what the AFL is investigating as it hasn't been ruled out that it wasn't more than just a chat between bros
-who initiated the chat about the information
-why was the info given and was it requested
-who knew where the info came from
-was the info used to gain an advantage
Last edited by whufc on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:52 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
HH3 wrote:
whufc wrote:
-draft - Functions differently, with compensation picks, etc
-trade period - NFL trade period extends through to week 6 of the season. Functions differently.
-fixturing (blockbuster games, playing certain teams more than once etc) - AFL fixtures are supposed to be altered to make a fairer season. NFL fixturing is Division based, because they can't possibly play 31 other teams in a season, but they still want rivalries. Different.
-priority picks - NFL run supplement drafts for new teams seperately. Different.
-free agency - Runs totally differently. Uncontracted players can approach any team with no compo going back to their former side. Cut players are put on waivers for other teams to sign. If they clear waivers, the original team can put them on the practice squad. Different.
-branding like (Friday night footy all 'Monday night football') - Friday night footy has been around a while if im not mistaken.
-half time show in GF - Not a bad inclusion if pulled off well.

Other than that, very similar. :lol:

Same concept and all have came in after the American had created the concept

They've taken good concepts, named them the same thing, then f**ked them up beyond comprehension.

- Adelaide should not get anything for an uncontracted player.

- Geelong shouldn't have to give up anything to sign an uncontracted player.

- Sydney (and every team after them in the draft) should not have their place in the draft pushed back because the Crows didn't re-sign Dangerfield. They have nothing to do with it, but will be penalised.

What does all of that crap accomplish anyway? It certainly doesn't make it a fairer competition, if thats what they're going for.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Agree,

The AFL have taken the concepts, re-named them and then adjusted them to find ways that they can manipulate the rules and manufacture the outcomes they want.

Time for a COLA now.
whufc
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:57 pm

They are trying to have their cake and eat it on the Free agency front.

It needs to be all or nothing.

No compensation, players can go wherever they want, for free agency, but before that time they can be traded without their consent.

Another thing that baffles me is why there is a minimum required spend (95%) on the salary cap. they should be able to spend whatever they want, which also means they will potentially have more money to attract and/or keep players when the time comes
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:They are trying to have their cake and eat it on the Free agency front.

No compensation, players can go wherever they want, for free agency, but before that time they can be traded without their consent.

Another thing that baffles me is why there is a minimum required spend (95%) on the salary cap. they should be able to spend whatever they want, which also means they will potentially have more money to attract and/or keep players when the time comes

Agree teams like Carlton, Melbourne, St Kilda would have to be paying 'overs' to some of their players just so they reach the magic 95%
whufc
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:05 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:They are trying to have their cake and eat it on the Free agency front.

Agree teams like Carlton, Melbourne, St Kilda would have to be paying 'overs' to some of their players just so they reach the magic 95%

And thats killing them. If they were paying evens, they'd probably have about 80% of the cap left.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby GWW » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:07 pm

MW wrote:What a last couple of days...

Woosha gone
Campo won't run for Coach next season (don't mind this though)
Danger gone
I am hearing Poulos is going to Geelong and Burton to replace him (I know this has been mentioned before and I said "laughable" but my reliable source has confirmed it...)
Investigation into Talia brothers

Never a dull moment in Crow land.

Could it get even more interesting?

16th paragraph down http://m.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/ ... jttk2.html

Edit - link fixed.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Perfect hire for the Crows. He probably mentioned it in his interview to get him across the line
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:05 pm

HH3 wrote:Perfect hire for the Crows. He probably mentioned it in his interview to get him across the line

Lol, this is great!!!!!!!!

The club never ceases to make me laugh

Obviously the Crows were never to know about this and it has nothing to do with them but what's the saying ...................'shit attracts flies'
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:24 pm

All jokes aside

Is there some kind of underlying culture problem within the Crows.

You have the history of Tippettgate and Steven Trigg

The state Guernsey saga

You've got Dangerfield leaving to go home despite the risk he may not end up at his desired destination, this is despite the fact the Crows would appear on field to be in a better position than any of his suitors.

Bernie Vince leaves in surprising circumstances and becomes an all australian two years later

Player/Club Being investigated by integrity unit

Jaench and his indiscretion

Camporeale despite getting good results does not want to be their head coach

Worsfold look set to move to another state (non home state as well) to take up a role with a club who seem in a far worse situation than the Crows)

CEO now under investigation for prior indiscretion, admittedly nothing to do with Adelaide but he does now represent them.

This has all happened within 3 years and in the case of Camporeale, Worsfold, Dangerfield even more surprising in the wake of the Phil Walsh tragedy, in which footy clubs are generally associated with a 'we'll stick together and create something special' attitude rather than people moving in their own direction

Obviously I am very anti crows but does this make any sense or are they a victim of circumstances.
Last edited by whufc on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Just when you think they were clawing back the lost credibility.....then this happens.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:37 pm

I love the fact that whatever Roo says on the radio is what eventually happens and so far he is 2/2

wanted Sando sacked

Didn't rate Campo

I apologise if I have missed others
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Magellan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:52 pm

whufc wrote:All jokes aside

Is there some kind of underlying culture problem within the Crows.

You have the history of Tippettgate and Steven Trigg

The state Guernsey saga

You've got Dangerfield leaving to go home despite the risk he may not end up at his desired destination, this is despite the fact the Crows would appear on field to be in a better position than any of his suitors.

Bernie Vince leaves in surprising circumstances and becomes an all australian two years later

Player/Club Being investigated by integrity unit

Jaench and his indiscretion

Camporeale despite getting good results does not want to be their head coach

Worsfold look set to move to another state (non home state as well) to take up a role with a club who seem in a far worse situation than the Crows)

CEO now under investigation for prior indiscretion, admittedly nothing to do with Adelaide but he does now represent them.

This has all happened within 3 years and in the case of Camporeale, Worsfold, Dangerfield even more surprising in the wake of the Phil Walsh tragedy, in which footy clubs are generally associated with a 'we'll stick together and create something special' attitude rather than people moving in their own direction

Obviously I am very anti crows but does this make any sense or are they a victim of circumstances.

It's odd that two coaches who can do the top job don't want it. I can understand Dangerfield wanting to head home.

From my perspective, the whole club has a culture issue because it's identity is shaped by marketing campaigns and catchy slogans, as opposed to having a defined 'turf' and celebrating it's history and achievements, and most who support and manage the club don't see a problem with that. Whether there's a player culture problem, only the players can answer that.

Mind you, with Mark 'The Godfather' Riccuito now unofficially running the club with an iron fist, and other intellectual luminaries like Nigel Smart floating around West Lakes I'm not sure I can blame Campo and Woosha.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm

Camporeale didn't want the job full time because he runs a new successful business. What Fagan did before coming to the Crows has nothing to do with them. Clutching at straws much?

Vincent was traded so they could get an early draft pick and had been ordinary the previous 18 months. He won the B&F at an ordinary club

Jetta wants to go home, is their issues at Sydney?

I would pick through 5 years of your club indiscretions but you don't show an allegiance
Last edited by Brodlach on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Brodlach wrote:Camporeale didn't want the job full time because he runs a new successful business. What Fagan did before coming to the Crows has nothing to do with them. Clutching at straws much?

Vincent was traded so they could get an early draft pick and had been ordinary the previous 18 months. He won the B&F at an ordinary club

Even without them couple of things it's a significant list in such a short space of time
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:10 pm

Brodlach wrote:Camporeale didn't want the job full time because he runs a new successful business. What Fagan did before coming to the Crows has nothing to do with them. Clutching at straws much?

I would pick through 5 years of your club indiscretions but you don't show an allegiance

I don't have an AFL allegiance you can pick through Centrals

Otherwise pick through any AFL club apart from a couple like St.Kilda and Gold Coast not many would have a list that big and including major events
whufc
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Just a couple from Collingwood then

Two drug takers
Marley Williams
Rape allegations
Malthouse/Buckley
Heath Shaw betting
Eddies racist gaffs

Those just off the top of my head
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bulldog2004 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:28 pm

whufc wrote:

Otherwise pick through any AFL club apart from a couple like St.Kilda and Gold Coast not many would have a list that big and including major events

It use to be Carlton though didnt it?????
bulldog2004
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby whufc » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:33 pm

bulldog2004 wrote:
whufc wrote:

It use to be Carlton though didnt it?????

Yeah until about 96,97 when I was 13,14, they didnt send my signed Kouta birthday card they had guaranteed as part of the kids membership and the dream was over
whufc
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:43 pm

since when was Bernie Vince all australian?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL