5 things you don't want to see in 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: 5 things you don't want to see in 2015

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Spargo wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:North Melbourne in the top 4 (they showed how far away they are last year, biggest pretenders around)

Alright champ, I'll bite.
Came from 6 goals down & won 1st elimination final.
The following week won a cut throat final against Geelong, arguably the most hardened finals team the last decade (only the third time a team goes out in straight sets since final 8 started IIRC).
Sure they were outclassed by Sydney, but so would everyone else have been - bar Hawthorn.
North took a few more steps forward last year, beating all top 4 sides at some stage. They're not in the same category as the two grand finalists, but they are next in line.
If this makes them pretenders, then apart from probably Port, the rest of the comp has no hope at all.
Nice troll though.

Should have never been 6 goals against Essendon.
The battle hardened Geelong, a shadow of its former self were on hands and knees after throwing every weapon they had at Hawthorn the previous week.
If lined up against Hawthorn, Port or even Fremantle, the result would've been similar to the Sydney game.
North definitely took some steps forward, but still lack big game players to pull the group along with them when put against the good teams in a finals atmosphere. They still have big laspes during games & I can't really see them improving enough to stop this.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Booney wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:1. The player first to the ball penalized
2. North Melbourne in the top 4 (they showed how far away they are last year, biggest pretenders around)
3. People whinging about Malthouse treating journalists like idiots when they ask ridiculous questions
4. Collingwood & Richmond not wearing legit clash jumpers
5. Patrick Dangerfield signing before year's end

But it's not up to Mick to decide if the question is shit or not, it's up to him to answer it and he has seriously lacked professionalism in the last season or so when it comes to his pressers.

I'd imagine he'd have been told to pull his head in and get on with it. Carlton are on the slide, fast, he better get used to answering questions after a loss.

If it's asked by that Stevens from channel 7, then it's dumb! :lol:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:16 pm

ok I've only did one before i'll do the rest

2. Port or crows finish top 4
3. Swans lose to GWS again
4. season ending injury for a swans player...
5. Hawthorn win another flag.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3032 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:51 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:If lined up against Hawthorn, Port or even Fremantle, the result would've been similar to the Sydney game.

Do you realise North didn't lose to these teams in 2014? :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:40 am

Dutchy wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:If lined up against Hawthorn, Port or even Fremantle, the result would've been similar to the Sydney game.

You do realise that when North played those teams they had very average games. North are 10goals plus behind those teams.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:47 am

Team that finished 4th is a 10 goal plus lesser side than the 3 sides above them and the side who finished 5th. You post a lot of rubbish on here but this takes the cake I reckon....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:13 am

the milky bar kid wrote:
Booney wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:1. The player first to the ball penalized
2. North Melbourne in the top 4 (they showed how far away they are last year, biggest pretenders around)
3. People whinging about Malthouse treating journalists like idiots when they ask ridiculous questions
4. Collingwood & Richmond not wearing legit clash jumpers
5. Patrick Dangerfield signing before year's end

But it's not up to Mick to decide if the question is shit or not, it's up to him to answer it and he has seriously lacked professionalism in the last season or so when it comes to his pressers.

I'd imagine he'd have been told to pull his head in and get on with it. Carlton are on the slide, fast, he better get used to answering questions after a loss.

If it's asked by that Stevens from channel 7, then it's dumb! :lol:

You perceive it as being dumb because you buy into Malthouses theatrics.

Stevens asks questions like every other journo, pretty benign questions relating to the game that is all reality could get answered the same way every week. Malthouse is losing respect every time he loses his cool with Stevens and Stevens is loving it, and IMO at this stage is well ahead on points.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7518 times
Been liked: 10813 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:08 am

While I agree with most of your post, I'm not sure Stevens is ahead on points (maybe only for professionalism). I watched a lot of the interviews and he looked disheartened by the end of the season. Great tv viewing, though. The only time I've ever really found after-match interviews remotely interesting (unless I've been present for them myself).
Last edited by Dogwatcher on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:28 am

Dogwatcher wrote:While I agree with most of your posts, I'm not sure Stevens is ahead on points (maybe only for professionalism). I watched a lot of the interviews and he looked disheartened by the end of the season. Great tv viewing, though. The only time I've ever really found after-match interviews remotely interesting (unless I've been present for them myself).

No doubt the C7 executives were keen for him to attend and ask questions while he may not have been quite so enthusiastic. As such, and yes, it was professionalism that Stevens demonstrated more of.

I'd also think Carlton PR people would have liked Mick to have changed his tune, although I'm sure the lamb sent to the slaughter to suggest that wasn't thrilled to be given the task!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7518 times
Been liked: 10813 times

Postby RustyCage » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:48 am

Possibly why Carlton have so many Friday night games this year?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:14 am

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:While I agree with most of your posts, I'm not sure Stevens is ahead on points (maybe only for professionalism). I watched a lot of the interviews and he looked disheartened by the end of the season. Great tv viewing, though. The only time I've ever really found after-match interviews remotely interesting (unless I've been present for them myself).

No doubt the C7 executives were keen for him to attend and ask questions while he may not have been quite so enthusiastic. As such, and yes, it was professionalism that Stevens demonstrated more of.

I'd also think Carlton PR people would have liked Mick to have changed his tune, although I'm sure the lamb sent to the slaughter to suggest that wasn't thrilled to be given the task!

I can promise you, she wasn't ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:08 am

kickinit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You do realise that when North played those teams they had very average games. North are 10goals plus behind those teams.

So beating Sydney in Sydney, Freo in Perth, Hawks on Friday night footy, Port in their only loss when on a roll early in the season and Geelong in a final doesn't convince you? If thats the case you really are a peanut....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby stan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:36 am

Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

So beating Sydney in Sydney, Freo in Perth, Hawks on Friday night footy, Port in their only loss when on a roll early in the season and Geelong in a final doesn't convince you? If thats the case you really are a peanut....

Yep your shit..........[emoji6]
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Spargo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

They all happened to have very average games remember Dutch 8-}
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5520 times
Been liked: 5153 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Sydney had an average game last time they played Hawthorn, so that result obviously doesn't count either.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Yes, they did beat those teams in the minor round. I still believe that they aren't on the same level as Hawthorn, Sydney, Port & Fremantle. I reckon if you asked supporters in other teams, out of those four teams and the Roos who you'd rather have your team play in a final, 9 out of 10 would say the Roos.
You won't get an argument that North Melbourne are on a different level then those below them, but unlike Hawthorn, Sydney, Port & Fremantle will not be a genuine premiership contender.

They still rely far too heavily on Harvey. Lost Greenwood, which will force a lot of contested ball responsibility onto Swallow alone. Scott Thompson does a solid job for an undersized full back, but if Firrito is in your starting back 6 you are in trouble & will get exploited against a genuine top 4 team with multiple forward options.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:40 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:Yes, they did beat those teams in the minor round. I still believe that they aren't on the same level as Hawthorn, Sydney, Port & Fremantle. I reckon if you asked supporters in other teams, out of those four teams and the Roos who you'd rather have your team play in a final, 9 out of 10 would say the Roos.
You won't get an argument that North Melbourne are on a different level then those below them, but unlike Hawthorn, Sydney, Port & Fremantle will not be a genuine premiership contender.

They still rely far too heavily on Harvey. Lost Greenwood, which will force a lot of contested ball responsibility onto Swallow alone. Scott Thompson does a solid job for an undersized full back, but if Firrito is in your starting back 6 you are in trouble & will get exploited against a genuine top 4 team with multiple forward options.

Lost Greenwood? Contested footy onto Swallow alone? Do you forget Cunnington and Zeebs? The Roos don't need Greenwood. He had one decent season in the last 5. He was nearly delisted last year.

They finished 4th, so they are a top 4 team. Pretty easy to work out, and hard to dispute. You can't be a top 4 side if you finished 5th champ.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:44 pm

HH3 wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:Yes, they did beat those teams in the minor round. I still believe that they aren't on the same level as Hawthorn, Sydney, Port & Fremantle. I reckon if you asked supporters in other teams, out of those four teams and the Roos who you'd rather have your team play in a final, 9 out of 10 would say the Roos.

Lost Greenwood? Contested footy onto Swallow alone? Do you forget Cunnington and Zeebs? The Roos don't need Greenwood. He had one decent season in the last 5. He was nearly delisted last year.

They finished 4th, so they are a top 4 team. Pretty easy to work out, and hard to dispute. You can't be a top 4 side if you finished 5th champ.

:lol: I just got champed!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:46 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
HH3 wrote:

:lol: I just got champed!

Deservedly so, too :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:49 pm

HH3 wrote:

Forgot him. The other...
Granted they did, I'd say they had the favorable side of the finals draw, but that it's fact they finished top 4.
I'd still argue that they weren't the same caliber of the others citing the example of the first half of the prelim final (Sydney were in conservation mode after). Previous posters have mentioned Sydney's disappointing GF, but for the most part they were competitive in that game.
And I believe they won't be of that caliber this year. Time will tell.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL