Aus v Ind Test Series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Postby spell_check » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:49 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:He probably did.
Patawalonga Pirate was referring to an incident where Border and McDermott had a run in in England, I reckon.

Correct. 1993 Ashes tour Border threatened to send him home. Captain Grumpy at his best.

P.S. McDermott did go home early... due to injury.

A twisted bowel of all things!
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:47 am

Soft.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:18 am

Wato hit in the head in the nets.

Glad he is OK. This may be a career turning point as it may knock some sense into the bloke. I assume Australia will be releasing a statement of complaint about the nets today :roll: I only hope they don't overcook the Turkey at the MCG catering or India may well go home. :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:23 am

Starc also copped one to the noggin.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:49 am

Thought Starc was in the knee?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:12 pm

spell_check wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:He probably did.
Patawalonga Pirate was referring to an incident where Border and McDermott had a run in in England, I reckon.

Correct. 1993 Ashes tour Border threatened to send him home. Captain Grumpy at his best.

P.S. McDermott did go home early... due to injury.

A twisted bowel of all things!

That was the 1995 Tour of the West Indies I believe.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Watto injured in the net session today :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:16 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Watto injured in the net session today :lol:

It's caused a stir on Facebook, we Australian sports supporters are bloody quick to turn on our own. The dude was our only player not so long ago after coming back from several public stonings. God help anyone who fails.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby MatteeG » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Watto injured in the net session today :lol:

helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby RustyCage » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:36 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:Thought Starc was in the knee?

Yup, you're right
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:38 am

Watson was also I the ground when Hughes was hit so it would shake him up too. Being hit on the head is bad enough

If he needs to be replaced, by who? Needs to be an allrounder
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:40 am

Agree has to be an allrounder with Harris coming back from injury again

Moises Henrequies would be the man or maybe Shaun Abbott
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:29 am

Rik E Boy wrote: That was the 1995 Tour of the West Indies I believe.

regards,

REB

Pretty certain 93 was twisted bowel, he had surgery and flew home part way through series.
Then 95 Windies was where he rolled his ankle (?) jumping off a rock wall at a beach, or something like that - leaving McGrath to lead the attack with Julian. I reckon Fleming missed that series as well.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Grahaml » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:02 am

Brodlach wrote:Watson was also I the ground when Hughes was hit so it would shake him up too. Being hit on the head is bad enough

Doubt he'll miss for that. Either way though, we certainly don't "need" an all rounder. 4 front line bowlers have done the job many times over. They won't pick Harris unless he's right. If you get desperate for a few overs then Smith and Warner give something different. The only all rounders about are really going to bowl much the same as the main bowlers only not as well.

Hypothetically, if Watson misses you'd back Burns to slot in at 3. After Smith at 4 you'll have Shaun Marsh, somebody, then Haddin batting 5, 6 and 7. Don't like the look if that bloke in between isn't the next best bat available. I know I'm pushing the proverbial but I still like the idea of David Hussey coming in at 6 until he either stops producing or someone really presents themselves. The Ashes finishes in about 9 months doesn't it? Don't need a 10 year player to cover the next 9 months.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:07 am

I don't like Kholi but id say one thing. After he copped that bouncer to the helmet and then went on to score a century. I must say that would be tough. And even waving off everyone and just went about it. Any bloke to do that is pretty resilient.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:14 am

Grahaml wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Watson was also I the ground when Hughes was hit so it would shake him up too. Being hit on the head is bad enough

Doubt he'll miss for that. Either way though, we certainly don't "need" an all rounder. 4 front line bowlers have done the job many times over. They won't pick Harris unless he's right. If you get desperate for a few overs then Smith and Warner give something different. The only all rounders about are really going to bowl much the same as the main bowlers only not as well.

Hypothetically, if Watson misses you'd back Burns to slot in at 3. After Smith at 4 you'll have Shaun Marsh, somebody, then Haddin batting 5, 6 and 7. Don't like the look if that bloke in between isn't the next best bat available. I know I'm pushing the proverbial but I still like the idea of David Hussey coming in at 6 until he either stops producing or someone really presents themselves. The Ashes finishes in about 9 months doesn't it? Don't need a 10 year player to cover the next 9 months.

A report earlier was he has been suffering severe headaches since

David Hussey, surely you jest.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:22 am

Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby reppoh_eht » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:30 am

Grahaml wrote:

Well off the mark there I reckon... If you take out the tight overs that Watson bowled then we would have either had to bowl an already tired quick bowler or one of the part timers who no doubt would have gone for runs and released any pressure that we had on them.

Lots of people knocking Watson, and mostly deserved... But the overs he bowled helped the Aussies win that test more than most people give him credit for.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby mal » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:06 pm

I think Australia will win the Jeff Fenech Day Test Match

Just need these 4 players to play
Rhino Harris
Mitchell Johnson
Steven East Coast Blonde Don Smith
David Warner

I will exclude the emerging Josh Hazelwood and go on record as saying
The other 6 players are either currently not up to it or unproven
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:41 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:
Grahaml wrote:

Well off the mark there I reckon... If you take out the tight overs that Watson bowled then we would have either had to bowl an already tired quick bowler or one of the part timers who no doubt would have gone for runs and released any pressure that we had on them.

Lots of people knocking Watson, and mostly deserved... But the overs he bowled helped the Aussies win that test more than most people give him credit for.

Great post,

Watson bowling is so underrated, his close to the only Aussie who consistently swings the ball as well

Love your point about the 5th bowler meaning the other bowlers more than often can bowl fresh, that's worth a fair few runs in itself especially if the pitch doesn't turn and your spinners not effective

The days of only 4 bowlers in a test side are long gone, there is a reason for that
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket