Asian Cup 2015

The World Game

Re: Asian Cup 2015

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Jase wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:Ange The Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still not convinced, will take more than an Asian cup to hide the Brazil disaster.
Need to start beating some decent sides and I still dont believe guys playing A-League should get a game. Need to start getting more guys overseas in good leagues, Schwartzer was spot on by saying too many guys are happy just plodding along in Australia

What is this disaster you speak of in Brazil?

The World Cup, we were a shambles at times. Even the lead up to the Asian Cup was fairly poor. No Asian country ranked inside top 50 currently, when we start beating sides inside the top 30 ill start believing

We were never getting out of that group
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Jase » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:48 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Jase wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="whufc"]Ange The Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still not convinced, will take more than an Asian cup to hide the Brazil disaster.
Need to start beating some decent sides and I still dont believe guys playing A-League should get a game. Need to start getting more guys overseas in good leagues, Schwartzer was spot on by saying too many guys are happy just plodding along in Australia

What is this disaster you speak of in Brazil?

The World Cup, we were a shambles at times. Even the lead up to the Asian Cup was fairly poor. No Asian country ranked inside top 50 currently, when we start beating sides inside the top 30 ill start believing

We were never getting out of that group[/quote]
I think you are being a bit harsh with disaster... it would have been a miracle to get out of that group and to play so brilliantly against the Dutch must have been seen as what it was... an amazing effort...

The team has been in a transition phase which we are now seeing the fruits of...

Surely you could see the plan that was in place?

Patience is a must...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:00 pm

No illusions about getting out of the group but we were putrid against Chile and our form either side of the WC was terrible.
Im just of the belief that someone who has coached at the highest level is better for us, the same as my belief on A-League players in the squad.
Time will tell but as I said im not convinced yet, the Asian conference is the weakest its been for years, when we start beating the decent sides I will change my tune. Still have a few weakness' in the squad that need to be addressed going forward but im glad Ange has blooded some youth, still needs more though
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer