Geelong 2015

Talk on the national game

Geelong 2015

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:38 am

I'll start the 2015 thread for the Cats by congratulating former President Frank Costa who was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia for distinguished services in sports, business, religious, medical, educational and social welfare organisations today.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Geelong 2015

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:45 pm

You have to worry about our list at the moment....

D Menzel - four knee recos. Still on the list, not likely to play NAB.
J Cowan - Achilles problems - hasn't played since 2011. Still on the list.
D Simpson - Giant ruckman with a dodgy back. Played 20 games in seven seasons. Still on the list.
N Vardy - Coming off an ACL and with an extensive injury record.
H McIntosh - Already missed on full season at Catland and his second year was curtailed by injury as well. Last year of a three year deal.
J Thurlow - injured and will miss the first six weeks of the regular season
S Johnson - Battling a hot spot in his foot and has already had an interuppted pre-season
N Cockatoo - Number one draft pick played only one match last year due to injury. He'll fit right in
L McCarthy - Small forward battling injury
M Clark - Hasn't played for years and has already had an injury interuppted pre-season

It's a good thing we have nine lives.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:53 pm

At least you've got some big blokes fit and firing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:58 pm

Booney wrote:At least you've got some big blokes fit and firing.

Yeah Billy Brownless.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:You have to worry about our list at the moment....

D Simpson - Giant ruckman with a dodgy back. Played 20 games in seven seasons. Still on the list.
H McIntosh - Already missed on full season at Catland and his second year was curtailed by injury as well. Last year of a three year deal.
S Johnson - Battling a hot spot in his foot and has already had an interuppted pre-season
N Cockatoo - Number one draft pick played only one match last year due to injury. He'll fit right in
M Clark - Hasn't played for years and has already had an injury interuppted pre-season

regards,

REB

Like it alot, if we can just add Duckwood to that list you would be down where you should be
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:39 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:You have to worry about our list at the moment....

regards,

REB

Like it alot, if we can just add Duckwood to that list you would be down where you should be

Injury troll.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:28 am

Geelong ate obviously not the side they were but geez write them off at your own risk. The seem to love been written off and thrive on it. I still believe they will make the 8.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:57 am

stan wrote:Geelong ate obviously not the side they were but geez write them off at your own risk. The seem to love been written off and thrive on it. I still believe they will make the 8.

I think they might scrape in, just. Having said that, I think 7 games under 2 goals last year and they won all of them? That can't/won't happen again this year.

Also, Johnson must be a real worry. He was hardly fit for the last 4-5 weeks of 2014 and has only just started running again. Along with Bartel, I believe, they are the most creative and damaging Cats at a consistent level. Without both of them firing and with hardly anyone over 6'4" they are going to struggle in the big man department.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:23 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:Geelong ate obviously not the side they were but geez write them off at your own risk. The seem to love been written off and thrive on it. I still believe they will make the 8.

I think they might scrape in, just. Having said that, I think 7 games under 2 goals last year and they won all of them? That can't/won't happen again this year.

Also, Johnson must be a real worry. He was hardly fit for the last 4-5 weeks of 2014 and has only just started running again. Along with Bartel, I believe, they are the most creative and damaging Cats at a consistent level. Without both of them firing and with hardly anyone over 6'4" they are going to struggle in the big man department.

Cats have 15 blokes on their list over 6' 4", as a comparison Port have 10 and Hawthorn 7
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:29 am

And Simpson, Vardy, McIntosh and Clarke are all in the waiting room outside the doctors office and 3 of them haven't played a game yet.

So while you've got some height, they're more KPP than ruck. Blicavs aside....lol.

Perhaps I should have said ruckman or 6'6".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:16 am

I reckon nowadays the average height of a player would be around 6' 3". I just googled the average height and it says 188.6cm or 6'2 1/4" so not far off.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Spargo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Whilst they play 8 games at Simonds, finals are still a big chance.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Booney wrote:And Simpson, Vardy, McIntosh and Clarke are all in the waiting room outside the doctors office and 3 of them haven't played a game yet.

So while you've got some height, they're more KPP than ruck. Blicavs aside....lol.

Not really sure where the oppo Blicavs hate comes from tbh. OK, he's not Wayne Carey but then again few are. He's very quick for his size and is improving all the time. He was thrown in at the deep end really early in his career and is developing nicely which is not bad for a kid who played bugger all footy and is being asked to play all over the shop by his club.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:And Simpson, Vardy, McIntosh and Clarke are all in the waiting room outside the doctors office and 3 of them haven't played a game yet.

Not really sure where the oppo Blicavs hate comes from tbh. OK, he's not Wayne Carey but then again few are. He's very quick for his size and is improving all the time. He was thrown in at the deep end really early in his career and is developing nicely which is not bad for a kid who played bugger all footy and is being asked to play all over the shop by his club.

regards,

REB

I think thats the problem for Blicavs he has to play all over the shop because he doesnt really have a position and probably gets a game because he can.
If you had to settle him into one position what would it be? I really dont think he has a position he could make his own. Not strong enough for key defensive post or ruck. doesnt have the smarts and ball use to play wing or forward
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby hearts on fire » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Hawkins will hopefully dominate this year, probs be one of my favourite forwards to watch when firing (like he did in semi vs North 2014) just needs to do it more consistently, but just not against port.. 8)
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Booney wrote:

Its always going to be more common with Geelong who are the only team in the comp who play more outside their town than inside it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:11 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

Its always going to be more common with Geelong who are the only team in the comp who play more outside their town than inside it.

faaark off, u have the biggest leg up of any team in the comp, 8 games at home, bout another 8-9 in melbourne at pretty much neutral grounds and 4 or 5 interstate, geez its tough, hard to believe you've only won 3 flags in the last 50 years
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:51 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

faaark off, u have the biggest leg up of any team in the comp, 8 games at home, bout another 8-9 in melbourne at pretty much neutral grounds and 4 or 5 interstate, geez its tough, hard to believe you've only won 3 flags in the last 50 years

70's zoning *cough*
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Turbo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

Careful, they'll start swinging their handbags....
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:01 pm

They will still find a way to scrape into the 8 led by the mother ducker but the premiership window has closed thank God.

I do hope they go back to beating Hawthorn every time they play them though. That's fun for all the family to watch :D

I have them 7th on my ladder.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Next

Board index   Football  AFL