submarines

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: submarines

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 pm

oops wrong thread, nevermind
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:31 pm

It's a tender without the costings
The term is US based
We come up with the criteria we want and builders then submit design and specification for assessment and evaluation
In other words, we are looking for fitness for purpose, not basing the decision on the cost
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:It's a tender without the costings
The term is US based
We come up with the criteria we want and builders then submit design and specification for assessment and evaluation
In other words, we are looking for fitness for purpose, not basing the decision on the cost

But its not an open tender which means a selected tender. Which would mean Edwards was lying or he has dupped by the PM.

But thats ok the Japanese have said they will not share there intellectual property and thats fair enough its there right. Unless of course that os a condition of the tender package.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:16 pm

stan wrote:
The term is US based

But its not an open tender which means a selected tender. Which would mean Edwards was lying or he has dupped by the PM.

But thats ok the Japanese have said they will not share there intellectual property and thats fair enough its there right. Unless of course that os a condition of the tender package.

No, I think you'll find they will set the specifications they want and anyone can put in a RFP showing how their product would deal with those specifications.
I would say that only those who can meet, or exceed, the specs can move onto the next stage of RFT (the "tender")
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:42 am

mal wrote:
dedja wrote:Abbott was just so desperate to save his skin yesterday so told backbenchers what they wanted to hear. The problem is (again) that he didn't confer with the minister responsible, let alone cabinet, so as usual, they have to pick up the pieces.

This is how this PM operates. He thinks Government Executive consists of the Prime Minister's Office alone.

This is why he will not be PM for much longer.

I agree with most of what you have posted about Abbott in different threads
But your Abbott bashing is relentless

How many more times do I have to read that in your opinion Abbott is finished ?
You have made your point , you dont have to remind us on a daily basis or several times a week

You go Dedja , this bloke needs relentless bashing of his position and just to remind all that this bloke and his circus lead our country.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby GWW » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:24 am

I get the feeling its already been decided it will be built by the Japanese, all the recent talk is just BS.....and I think the decision is essentially payback for MHS defecting, and being the local Defence Industry minister.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby stan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 am

GWW wrote:I get the feeling its already been decided it will be built by the Japanese, all the recent talk is just BS.....and I think the decision is essentially payback for MHS defecting, and being the local Defence Industry minister.

I doubt its as petty as that. The Japanese built subs may in fact be better or cheaper. Probably not both.
stan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:02 am

GWW wrote:I get the feeling its already been decided it will be built by the Japanese, all the recent talk is just BS.....and I think the decision is essentially payback for MHS defecting, and being the local Defence Industry minister.

Yes, the subs will be made overseas, only a drastic development will keep them here now.
Election promises? He had his fingers crossed?
Just admit you're lying Abbott.
It makes me mad that our pollieso do this.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Psyber » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:47 am

After he stopped the interviewer interrupting him, Chris Pyne made a fairly good attempt at defining it this morning on 891as a process in which those who wish to bid for the job need to also make a case that they have the ability to see the project through and successfully deliver the goods, and not just put up a cheaper tender price.

However, I do agree there has been duplicity in the appearing to promise the role to SA and then backing away.

On the other hand, as much as it would be good to have the work in SA, the past Collins class subs were subject to excessive delays in being deployable due the leaks, and excessive noise which made them too easily detectable. The ASC would need to convince the government that wouldn't happen again.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby stan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 am

Psyber wrote:After he stopped the interviewer interrupting him, Chris Pyne made a fairly good attempt at defining it this morning on 891as a process in which those who wish to bid for the job need to also make a case that they have the ability to see the project through and successfully deliver the goods, and not just put up a cheaper tender price.

However, I do agree there has been duplicity in the appearing to promise the role to SA and then backing away.

On the other hand, as much as it would be good to have the work in SA, the past Collins class subs were subject to excessive delays in being deployable due the leaks, and excessive noise which made them too easily detectable. The ASC would need to convince the government that wouldn't happen again.

The initial collins class design was in fact too noisy. That's correct however the desgim was Swedish which most Lib supporters seems to forget or try to ignore. The alteration to the design was a good one and improved the subs remarkably.

That the actual collins class subs deployment has been rather successful and result in war games have been excellent throughout there life.

All in all, they have had delays but currently they are a better set of subs than you would believe.
stan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:22 am

given this debacle, and yes it appears the Japs will build it

it will be goodnight dick for Abbott and any SA Members of Parliament at the next election
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:12 pm

The term is US based

How convenient that the Japanese built subs met all the criteria then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Booney wrote:
The term is US based

Have they? You know more than me then
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:05 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Booney wrote:
The term is US based

Have they? You know more than me then

Japan are confused and now uneasy with the Governments new plan of a evaluated process or what ever it is called. It would seem whilst a deal was not signed in blood with the Japanese it was on the table and now who knows. The Japanese want minimum fuss about selling of military to other countries.

Hence either nothing has changed, everything has change or Edwards was brought for his vote which may hurt more in the long run in regards to the Governments plans.
stan
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:04 pm

I heard on the radio that the unemployment rate is now the highest it's been in 13 years, what a wonderful time to be sending industry overseas!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:53 pm

therisingblues wrote:I heard on the radio that the unemployment rate is now the highest it's been in 13 years, what a wonderful time to be sending industry overseas!

That's the problem with constantly attempting to post budget surplus', the unemployment rate then fluctuates.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:55 am

Q. wrote:
therisingblues wrote:I heard on the radio that the unemployment rate is now the highest it's been in 13 years, what a wonderful time to be sending industry overseas!

That's the problem with constantly attempting to post budget surplus', the unemployment rate then fluctuates.

Huh? Can't remember seeing that in my economics lessons
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Cutting discretionary spending harder than the automatic stabilisers pushing it up will lead to an increase in unemployment. It's what we're seeing currently.
Q.
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Q. wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:

Cutting discretionary spending harder than the automatic stabilisers pushing it up will lead to an increase in unemployment. It's what we're seeing currently.

Well we're been spending up big time for 7 years. I wish Mrs Jimmy would let me splurge 24/7 / 365 days pa for 7 years and not worry about it.
I'd buy Houghton FC, we'd play at Adelaide Oval and take them to Div 1 ala Nathan Tinkler
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:41 pm

It's time for you to reject the false notion that federal deficits are damaging and will indebt future generations ;)

The national economy does not operate like a household budget.
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics