9%
Golden Grove
6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby wristwatcher » Thu May 21, 2015 11:15 pm

TEX07 wrote:Seems there has been an issue with eskies at clubs and SAAFL have sent a reminder to all clubs about this and having drinks in the changerooms can affect the clubs liquor licence. So. What we have been told to do is contact the club we are playing and they will be selling us a carton of beer that we can then have after the game. For as long as I can remember we have taken one carton to all games, I now need to organise someone to help us out on the games below:

30 May SMOSH
27 June Modbury
4 July Hope Valley
18 July PNUS
01 Aug old iggies
15 Aug North Haven

We are buying a carton from our club for our home games and most of us go into away games after for a beer, this is our changeroom beers!

Anyone from the above able to let me know who to speak with and I will fix them up on each game if they are happy to help out - I'm sure all clubs will be wiling to assist with fair pricing, ours is selling for around $60ish which is well overs IMO but it is what it is, we are not looking to make profit just cover the cost from the boys.

Jo172 will be able to help you out.

Your club charged you $60 for home brew ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby TEX07 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:50 am

wristwatcher wrote:
TEX07 wrote:Seems there has been an issue with eskies at clubs and SAAFL have sent a reminder to all clubs about this and having drinks in the changerooms can affect the clubs liquor licence. So. What we have been told to do is contact the club we are playing and they will be selling us a carton of beer that we can then have after the game. For as long as I can remember we have taken one carton to all games, I now need to organise someone to help us out on the games below:

30 May SMOSH
27 June Modbury
4 July Hope Valley
18 July PNUS
01 Aug old iggies
15 Aug North Haven

We are buying a carton from our club for our home games and most of us go into away games after for a beer, this is our changeroom beers!

Anyone from the above able to let me know who to speak with and I will fix them up on each game if they are happy to help out - I'm sure all clubs will be wiling to assist with fair pricing, ours is selling for around $60ish which is well overs IMO but it is what it is, we are not looking to make profit just cover the cost from the boys.

Jo172 will be able to help you out.

Your club charged you $60 for home brew ;)

Moonshine
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Boosh » Fri May 22, 2015 9:09 am

30 May SMOSH
27 June Modbury
4 July Hope Valley
18 July PNUS
01 Aug old iggies
15 Aug North Haven

Hit me up on here in the week leading up to the Havens game I will sort it out for you.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby marbles » Fri May 22, 2015 11:23 am

Yep the police (liquor licensing) may make an appearance to your changerooms to ensure players don't become over intoxicated with players having 1 beer each, just be be warned, if a player has 2 beers, liquor licensing will come down hard on any club

#dontGrabASecondBeer

You may even have undercover police in your team, trust no one
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby TEX07 » Fri May 22, 2015 5:11 pm

marbles wrote:Yep the police (liquor licensing) may make an appearance to your changerooms to ensure players don't become over intoxicated with players having 1 beer each, just be be warned, if a player has 2 beers, liquor licensing will come down hard on any club

#dontGrabASecondBeer

You may even have undercover police in your team, trust no one

We actually have two regulars that are police - I get that it can affect the liquor licence and our club has just said if you do it it is at your own risk, they have distanced themselves from it which I'm ok with too, I'm all for supporting the teams at away games anyway, just trying to be proactive and sort earlier - if there are no beers after the game shit gets real!
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby Demon Juke » Sat May 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Well done to Paynhem in both grades today so much better than us and the game was played in good spirits but do yourself a favour find yourself a new umpire, that bloke in the light blue hat :oops: For a good run club you can't let him to continue to umpire, even the Paynhem players where saying they where embarrassed by him.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Trader » Sun May 24, 2015 12:55 am

The issue is it's very easy to say you're embarrassed, but a lot harder to actually stop using the bloke that is giving you a significant advantage.
This is about the 4th or 5th time teams have commented on his one sided views of a game. Payneham clearly aren't going to stop using him, so it's time for the league to send an observer out in one of the next few rounds and then ban him altogether. Unfortunately I don't have any confidence the league will bother.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Cohiba » Sun May 24, 2015 6:37 am

Trader wrote:The issue is it's very easy to say you're embarrassed, but a lot harder to actually stop using the bloke that is giving you a significant advantage.
This is about the 4th or 5th time teams have commented on his one sided views of a game. Payneham clearly aren't going to stop using him, so it's time for the league to send an observer out in one of the next few rounds and then ban him altogether. Unfortunately I don't have any confidence the league will bother.

PNU embarrased....I doubt it....... Wristy is already preparing his tribute speech when he collects another medal for his collection...... Umpires like him are rare and not easy to come by...... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby finn » Sun May 24, 2015 10:59 am

Trader wrote:The issue is it's very easy to say you're embarrassed, but a lot harder to actually stop using the bloke that is giving you a significant advantage.

If an official complaint isn't lodged certainly the league won't bother.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 24, 2015 11:24 am

Big Brother is always watching Finn ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun May 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Firstly ; A member of the executive was there yesterday.

Secondly ; The HV umpire yesterday was terrible, absolute rubbish if we want to throw stones but the difference is when we are faced with questionable umpiring we shut our mouth. One person had a go at the HV umpire yesterday after being smashed in the face and recovering from his concussion he asked him " how his head was" and got sent off. If you don't talk to them and argue with them their impact is significantly reduced. At the end of the day though both umpires are volunteers and blokes running around yelling at them are the real embarrassment. Maybe if you treat the blokes with respect it might go a long way.

Thirdly ; Tony the evil umpire has sent off 2 of our players this year. If we abuse him, he sends us of just like the opposition. Makes me laugh when I read this crap about him. The only club that could legitimately complain is PAC as there umpire is at a much higher standard than any other I have seen this year and they had no complaints.

Fourthly ; Mr Cohiba I think you will find that I won't poll votes as our umpire has a man crush on J Kollias who got the 3 votes yesterday whilst not playing.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Sun May 24, 2015 2:55 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Firstly ; A member of the executive was there yesterday.

Secondly ; The HV umpire yesterday was terrible, absolute rubbish if we want to throw stones but the difference is when we are faced with questionable umpiring we shut our mouth. One person had a go at the HV umpire yesterday after being smashed in the face and recovering from his concussion he asked him " how his head was" and got sent off. If you don't talk to them and argue with them their impact is significantly reduced. At the end of the day though both umpires are volunteers and blokes running around yelling at them are the real embarrassment. Maybe if you treat the blokes with respect it might go a long way.

Thirdly ; Tony the evil umpire has sent off 2 of our players this year. If we abuse him, he sends us of just like the opposition. Makes me laugh when I read this crap about him. The only club that could legitimately complain is PAC as there umpire is at a much higher standard than any other I have seen this year and they had no complaints.

Fourthly ; Mr Cohiba I think you will find that I won't poll votes as our umpire has a man crush on J Kollias who got the 3 votes yesterday whilst not playing.

I thought the old iggies ump was pretty good yesterday, pretty sure the same guy did both grades and was fair for both.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby wristwatcher » Sun May 24, 2015 3:05 pm

TEX07 wrote:

I thought the old iggies ump was pretty good yesterday, pretty sure the same guy did both grades and was fair for both.

Mate at the end of the day I reckon they all do there best in challenging circumstances. That's why I make the effort at the end of every game to shake all 6 umpires hands. I got injured today and I will be goal umpiring next week, I'm sure I will read about my performance on SAFooty Sunday if I make any mistakes :D
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 pm

I love how in the one breath you can tell people not to have a crack up umpires because they're volunteers (which is rubbish in itself) and then you go and call someone elses umpire rubbish to deflect rubbish away from your own rubbish ump.

That's rubbish.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun May 24, 2015 4:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

I love how in the one breath you can tell people not to have a crack up umpires because they're volunteers (which is rubbish in itself) and then you go and call someone elses umpire rubbish to deflect rubbish away from your own rubbish ump.

That's rubbish.

Merely highlighting how easy it is to come on and label an umpire rubbish.

An honorarium payment made to someone does actually make them a volunteer. Maybe your bloke is on the pay roll but you will find most div 8 umpires are in fact volunteering for the role.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Sun May 24, 2015 8:22 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

That's rubbish.

Merely highlighting how easy it is to come on and label an umpire rubbish.

An honorarium payment made to someone does actually make them a volunteer. Maybe your bloke is on the pay roll but you will find most div 8 umpires are in fact volunteering for the role.

The Hope valley "D" umpire used to do both games, but now only does 1 game. He is young and is learning but he has sent plenty of Hv people off. The umpire that umpired "c" grade yesterday was the first time he has umpired this year but has umpired a bit of football maybe he was a bit rusty. Your umpire who pays frees to your side for spectators having a go at his performance, which it is not even a rule. Yes you can pay a Free for the Bench having a go at him but paying free kicks for people in the crowd yelling stuff out. More sides have been on here complaining about your umpire than anybody else in the saafl so everybody else is wrong then.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:31 pm

I'm not getting sucked in.

All I know is we have a bloke with a broken nose, who managed to get sent off after getting belted right in front of the HV umpire.

Anyone throwing stones is doing it right through their great big glass house.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Also, frees can absolutely get paid against the crowd, I've seen it done in A1 matches this year.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 pm

And, as WW said, I understand there was an observer yesterday, will be interesting to see if anything comes of it, and if not whether DJ stands by his comments (and whether he accounts for the please explain that I'm certain is coming to the HV umpire).
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Johno6 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:01 pm

If you can pay frees against supporters I will be wearing the opposition colours every game in the crowd and abusing umps trying to get golden grove some free kicks.
Wish me luck!

Also congrats to Darren leray on his 250th game yesterday.

Just sucks we couldn't get the win for him.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League