SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 2:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:and further to this

It's just come to my attention @Jo172 that the PNU D Grade brought its own beer to HV on Saturday. :?

May I ask what the beer prices are at HV?

No idea, I dont' drink beer.

Bourbon cans are $7 - that's all I care about :lol:

Well if their beer prices are relative to their bourbon prices I'd be thinking around the $5 mark which seems fair enough to buy at the bar, I do recall that they were extremely high the last time I visited there but I'm pretty sure Ash fixed that during his tenure.
I'll always buy at another clubs beer outlet unless their prices are ridiculous.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby jo172 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:and further to this

It's just come to my attention @Jo172 that the PNU D Grade brought its own beer to HV on Saturday. :?

May I ask what the beer prices are at HV?

No idea, I dont' drink beer.

Bourbon cans are $7 - that's all I care about :lol:

Well if their beer prices are relative to their bourbon prices I'd be thinking around the $5 mark which seems fair enough to buy at the bar, I do recall that they were extremely high the last time I visited there but I'm pretty sure Ash fixed that during his tenure.
I'll always buy at another clubs beer outlet unless their prices are ridiculous.

I buy at the home team's bar regardless (albeit price affects the volume of my consumption).

Judging purely from Hope Valley junior parents reactions when I've sold them beer they seemed to think $5 for a stubby was cheaper than their bar. But with some junior parents you never know how much they frequent their own bar ;)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 2:33 pm

jo172 wrote:

I buy at the home team's bar regardless (albeit price affects the volume of my consumption).

Judging purely from Hope Valley junior parents reactions when I've sold them beer they seemed to think $5 for a stubby was cheaper than their bar. But with some junior parents you never know how much they frequent their own bar ;)

$5 would be the par mark you'd think, anything more you can't really justify if you're buying 30 packs for around $45, that's a 330% mark up already.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Sass! » Mon May 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Modbury are roughly $4 for a tinny at our barbecue booth which is fairly reasonable.. tend to do a decent trade..

Played 2's at St Peters on the weekend and they gave all our guys a freebie after the game which was an impressive gesture. We were more than happy to shell out over their bar during the 1's. . which is ironic as there B grade lads sat behind the goals drinking beers they had brought in.. swings and round about's I guess.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Sass! wrote:Modbury are roughly $4 for a tinny at our barbecue booth which is fairly reasonable.. tend to do a decent trade..

Played 2's at St Peters on the weekend and they gave all our guys a freebie after the game which was an impressive gesture. We were more than happy to shell out over their bar during the 1's. . which is ironic as there B grade lads sat behind the goals drinking beers they had brought in.. swings and round about's I guess.

Yep, $4 is awesome, you'll find blokes stocking up for the journey home too in that case.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Sass! wrote:Modbury are roughly $4 for a tinny.

Found my new club for 2016! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 3:01 pm

Zartan wrote:
Sass! wrote:Modbury are roughly $4 for a tinny.

Found my new club for 2016! :lol:

I'll be your.................I don't know but I'm there too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby S Demon » Mon May 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Well if their beer prices are relative to their bourbon prices I'd be thinking around the $5 mark which seems fair enough to buy at the bar, I do recall that they were extremely high the last time I visited there but I'm pretty sure Ash fixed that during his tenure.

We are currently in our 2nd month of having the bar run by volunteers after having a paid barman for the last 9 years. The current prices are actually under review and are determined by the Sporting Club, not the football club.

We do currently have $5 beer cans available all the time (VB, Superdry, Draught)
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 3:58 pm

S Demon wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Well if their beer prices are relative to their bourbon prices I'd be thinking around the $5 mark which seems fair enough to buy at the bar, I do recall that they were extremely high the last time I visited there but I'm pretty sure Ash fixed that during his tenure.

We are currently in our 2nd month of having the bar run by volunteers after having a paid barman for the last 9 years. The current prices are actually under review and are determined by the Sporting Club, not the football club.

We do currently have $5 beer cans available all the time (VB, Superdry, Draught)

Well that's more than fair, I know from experience that by bumping the prices up a little results in less patronage and it does your head in trying to suss out who's sly-grogging, especially after the match when people are hanging around drinking but you never see them go to the bar.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby TEX07 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:19 pm

We are $5.50 for all full strength beer and $8.50 for spirit cans. We have a social membership that costs $35 that gives you $1 off any drink so it's $4.50 for beers for example - always pay a social membership on top of subs myself,

Even at $5.50 it's pretty good we have most beers behind the bar so it's not too bad. I paid $60 for the beer from the club Saturday for after the game, again higher than I'd like but I was reimbursed by the players.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 am

TEX07 wrote:We are $5.50 for all full strength beer and $8.50 for spirit cans.

Eeek! :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Head12 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:03 am

How are the Burra's looking this week, and what happened to that number 50 ?
Head12
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Johno6 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:03 pm

B Duff makes his long awaited return to the side this weekend.....

R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times

Postby TEX07 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:41 am

Can anyone form NH tell me is the guy who umpired both your C and D grade on the weekend your usual every week ump? He was terrible on Saturday! Never once did I see the guy break into a run which meant he was always 30-40mtrs away from the play - didnt cost us the win, we were 5 goals up and you guys clawed that back to get the draw in the D grade so I am not suggesting he was the cause. He probably needs to be explained the blood rule too - he sent two guys off in the space of 1 minute for blood - one guy had a pin prick size scratch that had (and I am not kidding) about 1cm worth of blood around it, the second wasnt even bleeding - it was a grass graze - we all get them everyweek so you know how they look red. Now - I know these guys are hard to find and all that, but, they are paid so is it too much to expect that they at least make the effort to get in the right position to see the play? Again this isnt why we ended up with half points, thats our own doing, but it is so frustrating to watch!

NH are a pretty decent side, I didnt play but had a few really good players, needed to shut down your FF though, he was gifted a goal from our goal ump that even he said was pretty close to on the full let alone a goal, but we let him take an easy mark on the goal line too so again our own doing. Looks like a pretty good fight for that 5th spot in the D8R at the minute - really anyone from 5 down to 10th could take it.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby imapeacock » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:33 pm

who do you guys think is the best player in this div? my money is on James Bell from NPU the bloke is an absolute gun can play every position, very much like Blicvas should be playing higher much higher.
imapeacock
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:39 pm

TEX07 wrote:Can anyone form NH tell me is the guy who umpired both your C and D grade on the weekend your usual every week ump? He was terrible on Saturday! Never once did I see the guy break into a run which meant he was always 30-40mtrs away from the play - didnt cost us the win, we were 5 goals up and you guys clawed that back to get the draw in the D grade so I am not suggesting he was the cause. He probably needs to be explained the blood rule too - he sent two guys off in the space of 1 minute for blood - one guy had a pin prick size scratch that had (and I am not kidding) about 1cm worth of blood around it, the second wasnt even bleeding - it was a grass graze - we all get them everyweek so you know how they look red. Now - I know these guys are hard to find and all that, but, they are paid so is it too much to expect that they at least make the effort to get in the right position to see the play? Again this isnt why we ended up with half points, thats our own doing, but it is so frustrating to watch!

NH are a pretty decent side, I didnt play but had a few really good players, needed to shut down your FF though, he was gifted a goal from our goal ump that even he said was pretty close to on the full let alone a goal, but we let him take an easy mark on the goal line too so again our own doing. Looks like a pretty good fight for that 5th spot in the D8R at the minute - really anyone from 5 down to 10th could take it.

Yeah Tex I'm pretty sure it was the usual bloke and yes, he is terrible. He umpired our B grade last year and I'm so glad we don't have him again this season! Lol, that bloke is a very strange unit.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby TEX07 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Good to see you also think he is pretty bad, got that opinion on the day from your players too. Can't believe that guy umpired your B grade! It just takes away from any results that you win because people will always say it's because of him, I know it's not btw.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Postby Happy Endings » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:02 am

TEX07 wrote:Can anyone form NH tell me is the guy who umpired both your C and D grade on the weekend your usual every week ump? He was terrible on Saturday! Never once did I see the guy break into a run which meant he was always 30-40mtrs away from the play - didnt cost us the win, we were 5 goals up and you guys clawed that back to get the draw in the D grade so I am not suggesting he was the cause. He probably needs to be explained the blood rule too - he sent two guys off in the space of 1 minute for blood - one guy had a pin prick size scratch that had (and I am not kidding) about 1cm worth of blood around it, the second wasnt even bleeding - it was a grass graze - we all get them everyweek so you know how they look red. Now - I know these guys are hard to find and all that, but, they are paid so is it too much to expect that they at least make the effort to get in the right position to see the play? Again this isnt why we ended up with half points, thats our own doing, but it is so frustrating to watch!

D graders still bitching about umpires in this thread. Maybe they would umpire better if the players where better :roll: I am mystified as to what people expect in Div 8 Reserves. I have played for 20 years and I could list 5 umpires who have umpired Div 3 who are worse than anything I have seen this year. I have had a total of two free kicks this year, ironically one from old mate in North Haven.
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby Happy Endings » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:04 am

imapeacock wrote:who do you guys think is the best player in this div? my money is on James Bell from NPU the bloke is an absolute gun can play every position, very much like Blicvas should be playing higher much higher.

Good to see you have finally got off Tinder and got yourself an account Dinga :)
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby TEX07 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:15 pm

Happy Endings wrote:

D graders still bitching about umpires in this thread. Maybe they would umpire better if the players where better :roll: I am mystified as to what people expect in Div 8 Reserves. I have played for 20 years and I could list 5 umpires who have umpired Div 3 who are worse than anything I have seen this year. I have had a total of two free kicks this year, ironically one from old mate in North Haven.

I expect an umpire regardless of the division to do the job properly. This guy could not move from inside our forward 50, this meant the other ump did the majority of the work. The players in Div 8 and 8Rs level of ability should have zero affect on how a guy umpires a game.
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League