Rnd 1 - Norwood v Sturt @ Coopers Stadium (Thur N 2/4)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Sturt @ Coopers Stadium (Thur N 2/4)

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Norwood management strikes again.
The service changes at Coopers Corner caused a lineup of 20m - 25m at the one window whilst the soft drink window attendant twiddled her thumbs
They only fixed it late in the 3rd quarter after several members gave the CEO an earful at half time in the RSL club
I'm sure the money he was trying to save was overshadowed by the reduced turnover

The catering was horrendous!!

They have used Encore Group in previous years and it has worked well. They surely would have known the crowd would be decent, they had run out of chocolate bars, etc before League game started, the BBQ's both had nothing cooked, nothing ever ready and massive lines. People were just walking away. And beer line was ridiculous.

They would have lost so much money. Last week they had Michael Taylor and Grant Dalwood serving one BBQ.

I know Encore closed their doors this week, but they have had plenty of time to sort themselves out, really not acceptable.

And what was with the scoreboard, what a complete waste of time (and money) when it just showed the score, right next to the normal scoreboard. Not a great night for the Club Administration!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby leggies » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Wedgie wrote:On the game, interested in the opinion of those there, was Allan's game as amazing as his stats or were a lot of them ineffectual?
Looks damn good on paper.

37 disposals
18 kicks
6 marks
6 tackles
6 clearances
6 Inside 50s
0 score

Imo, his role has changed dramatically since leaving North. I felt he was more of an outside player at prospect, however, he is often at the bottom of the pack and getting the hard ball.
leggies
Under 16s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby robranisgod » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:06 pm

leggies wrote:
Wedgie wrote:On the game, interested in the opinion of those there, was Allan's game as amazing as his stats or were a lot of them ineffectual?

37 disposals
18 kicks
6 marks
6 tackles
6 clearances
6 Inside 50s
0 score

Imo, his role has changed dramatically since leaving North. I felt he was more of an outside player at prospect, however, he is often at the bottom of the pack and getting the hard ball.

Warren Partland has a lot to answer for. He repeatedly peddled the myth that Jimmy was an outside player. Jimmy always won his fair share of hard ball. I saw all of his games at North and quite a few at Norwood and his style hasn't changed at all. The only thing that has changed over the years is that his delivery improved markedly around 2009
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby JK » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:24 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
The service changes at Coopers Corner caused a lineup of 20m - 25m at the one window whilst the soft drink window attendant twiddled her thumbs
They only fixed it late in the 3rd quarter after several members gave the CEO an earful at half time in the RSL club
I'm sure the money he was trying to save was overshadowed by the reduced turnover

They have used Encore Group in previous years and it has worked well. They surely would have known the crowd would be decent, they had run out of chocolate bars, etc before League game started, the BBQ's both had nothing cooked, nothing ever ready and massive lines. People were just walking away. And beer line was ridiculous.

They would have lost so much money. Last week they had Michael Taylor and Grant Dalwood serving one BBQ.

I know Encore closed their doors this week, but they have had plenty of time to sort themselves out, really not acceptable.

And what was with the scoreboard, what a complete waste of time (and money) when it just showed the score, right next to the normal scoreboard. Not a great night for the Club Administration!

The Encore Group were excellent for us and I've been fearing their departure, can guarantee this feedback gets back to the club.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:19 am

DOC wrote:Although the crowd was good, there was very little atmosphere where I was ( the hill) and I am not sure why?

Sturt could have won the game but wasted their opportunities in front of goal. Both sides ran hard and tackled well. Thought the umpires did a good job overall, sure some mistakes but no change since the game was invented.

Saw the second half of the reserves and would expect Duldig to press for selection next round.

I've been going to the Hill for a coupla decades and have never seen it so busy yet disinterested in the game before. Seriously bizarre.

Didn't think that much of Duldigs game to be honest.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:50 am

leggies wrote:

37 disposals
18 kicks
6 marks
6 tackles
6 clearances
6 Inside 50s
0 score

Hasn't changed but its amazing how peoples perspectives change
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:23 am

Wedgie wrote:
leggies wrote:

37 disposals
18 kicks
6 marks
6 tackles
6 clearances
6 Inside 50s
0 score

Hasn't changed but its amazing how peoples perspectives change

Warren Partland has never rated James Allan, openly admits it.

Gave him 6th best in the paper today, just shows his bias.

He was clearly best on ground to me, shows what credibility some journalists have at the Advertiser!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:26 pm

JK wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

The Encore Group were excellent for us and I've been fearing their departure, can guarantee this feedback gets back to the club.

BTW JK, as someone reminded me today, the RSL at half time was very well done. Who are the B Group that did the catering? The red head bloke running it was fantastic. He heard us whinging and said "no worries lads, we'll look after you"
Plenty of food and Coopers
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby o five » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:18 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
JK wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

BTW JK, as someone reminded me today, the RSL at half time was very well done. Who are the B Group that did the catering? The red head bloke running it was fantastic. He heard us whinging and said "no worries lads, we'll look after you"
Plenty of food and Coopers

How do you get into the RSL? and can you go in there at half time of the league?
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:34 am

Membership package
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby SANFLnut » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:47 pm

leggies wrote:

37 disposals
18 kicks
6 marks
6 tackles
6 clearances
6 Inside 50s
0 score

Norwood did have 100 more touches for 14 less inside 50s according to the stats. Reasonable to suggest possessions are not the ultimate measure of a players game (impressive as they appear!)
SANFLnut
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL