Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

Postby DOC » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:31 am

Think this the round one clash last year and the Rooters got up.

The Crows have declared that their depth this year is greater but their trial form has been ordinary, but probably better than Norths.

No yelling at the players please Rooster fans.

North by a point.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

Postby CENTURION » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:48 am

The Cocks by 4 goals.
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:25 am

Cocks by 5 goals, hopefully plenty of abuse aimed at the Cows players and fans
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Mic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Jim05 wrote:Cocks by 5 goals, hopefully plenty of abuse aimed at the Cows players and fans

They have those at SANFL games?
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Re: Rnd 2 - North v Adelaide at Prospect Saturday 1.10

Postby RB » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Their mums will come and pick them up in their 4WDs when the game's over, maybe he means them.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby RoosterMan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:48 am

COME ON YOU ROOSTERS!!! Roosters by 5 goals.
RoosterMan
Rookie

Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:14 am

Jim05 wrote:Cocks by 5 goals, hopefully plenty of abuse aimed at the Cows players and fan

There you go Jim. Fixed it up for ya.
Hopefully North can get up but who really knows how the Adelaide Reserves will perform
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby o five » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Port v Me at the Rsl during the day sounds more interesting. 8)
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:32 am

Over a dozen Crows could play their first official game for Adelaide’s SANFL side this Saturday against North Adelaide at Prospect Oval.

Draftees Jake Lever, Harrison Wigg, Harry Dear and rookies Reilly O’Brien, Keenan Ramsey and 2014 Norwood premiership player Anthony Wilson are confirmed starters for Adelaide’s Round One opener against the Roosters.

First-round pick Lever played his first game in 18 months last Saturday since undergoing a knee reconstruction.

Keenan Ramsey booted three goals in the State League trial at Richmond Oval, while Wigg, O’Brien, Dear and Wilson all showed promising signs.

James Podsiadly and Scott Thompson are also in line for their first games for premiership points with the SANFL Crows. The veterans were among Adelaide’s best in the Club’s State League trial against West Adelaide.

Midfielders Matthew Spencely and Charlie Molyneux were the most impressive development players in last week’s hit-out. Dashing goalkicker Spencely will start on a wing while Molyneux has been named on the ball for Saturday’s Round One clash.

Second-year development squad members Sam Pfeiffer and Justin Smart will shore up Adelaide’s defence, while fresh faces Matthew Stent (Golden Grove), Nick Mott (Noarlunga), Josh Wittwer (Hahndorf), Jake Sutcliffe (Ardrossan), Brock Castree (Golden Grove) and Dylan Schoenmakers (Tea Tree Gully) have all been named on an extended interchange.

Find out more about our 2015 SANFL development squad.

Crows fans will need to wait longer for their first look at promising draftee Mitch McGovern. McGovern was built up carefully during his first AFL pre-season, but is not far away from following his fellow first-years in making his SANFL debut.

Podsiadly, Brodie Martin and Jarryd Lyons, who was the substitute in Adelaide’s Round One AFL victory, are also on the emergency list for the Crows’ clash with Collingwood at Etihad Stadium.

North Adelaide played three trials away from home during the pre-season and failed to post a victory on each occasion, suffering losses to South Adelaide, Norwood and Central District.

Adelaide downed the Roosters by four points in a thrilling contest the last time the two sides met in Round 11, 2014.

Crows ticketed members receive free entry to the game, which kicks off at 1.10pm at Prospect Oval, upon presentation of their members card.

The SANFL will provide live commentary of the match from 1pm on game day on the League’s official website and via the SANFL app.

Round Two kicks off with South Adelaide hosting Port Adelaide on Friday night at Noarlunga.

Saturday’s SANFL action sees Glenelg shooting for its first win against Sturt at Peter Motley Oval, the Eagles and West Adelaide to battle at Woodville Oval and premiership favourites Norwood will travel to Elizabeth to clash with Central District.

Adelaide’s SANFL team – Round One

B: Harrison Wigg (35), Jake Lever (6), Sam Pfeiffer (61)
HB: Jake Kelly (47), James Podsiadly (1), Justin Smart (53)
C: Matthew Spencely (50), Matt Crouch (44), Brodie Martin (36)
HF: Jarryd Lyons (31), Ian Callinan (37), Anthony Wilson (42)
F: Keenan Ramsey (46), Jack Osborn (30), Harry Dear (38)
FOL: Reilly O’Brien (43), Scott Thompson (5), Charlie Molyneux (56)

INT (from): Matthew Stent (62), Nick Mott (58), Josh Wittwer (48), Jake Sutcliffe (54), Brock Castree (57), Dylan Schoenmakers (55)
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:33 am

still no luke lowden
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby Special One » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:57 pm

I reckon Shillabeer v Lever will be a interesting match up. From reports he improved significantly from his first season back in the system. Looked dangerous against Centrals in the trial with 5 goals in the first half. If North play quick footy by taking the game on they'll be hard to beat!!! My tip North by 4 goals
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby on the rails » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:02 pm

North's named squad:

F: Alex Spina Darren Shillabeer Marlon Motlop 
HF:Michael McMahon Lewis Johnston Daniel Kulikowski 
C: George Thring Jay Shannon Leigh Ryswyk 
HB: Mitch Clisby Todd Miles Rhys O'Keeffe 
B: Andy Read Will Dalwood Alek Kangur 

Ruck - James Craig, Heath Caldwell, Max Thring 

Interchange - Mitch Curnow, Sam De Leonardis, Josh Gregg, Jesse O'Brien, Toby Schulzorth's Named Squad:
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Mic » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:09 pm

Wait 8 months for the footy season to start again, and we're playing an AFL reserves side. :roll:
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby DOC » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:37 pm

And early because their league side is on the box later. Don't you just love how we bend over?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:34 am

DOC wrote:And early because their league side is on the box later. Don't you just love how we bend over?

Don't get me started on that, I've already got the club offside because of my comments on facebook about the time of the game.
I asked why they were bending over to the Crows and the blatantly lied to me saying it was to help people going to the Port v Sydney game at Adelaide Oval that night despite already admitting on their official site it was to cater for the 3 Crows supporters that might go to the game.
(and yeah as if we need a game to finish before 4 so people can travel the 10 minutes to Adelaide Oval for a game that starts 3 hours later)
Got an icy welcome at the club tonight and they knew who I was (I didn't have to spell out my name, they told me they knew who I was from facebook) when I just got a normal membership with home match pass downgrading from my Presidency group membership of the last few years which would have netted the club $1000s of dollars over the years. And even then the only reason I got a memership and home match pass was to save myself money for the season.
Lie to me, miss out on thousands of my dollars, simple.
Sneaking my beers in tomorrow and sending my spare cash South's way.
And going to make anyone wearing Cows gear unwelcome, if anyone has both North and Cows gear on, look out!

Smart work North, cater for a couple of wankers and bend over to your AFL mates and lose thousands of dollars yourself in the process as well as create an atmosphere where things are going to get uglier.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3866 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby RB » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:38 am

Wedgie wrote:Smart work North, cater for a couple of wankers and bend over to your AFL mates and lose thousands of dollars yourself in the process.

...and respect from fans who are the backbone of the club.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:57 am

Coach Bombay wrote:Over a dozen Crows could play their first official game for Adelaide’s SANFL side this Saturday against North Adelaide at Prospect Oval.

Draftees Jake Lever, Harrison Wigg, Harry Dear and rookies Reilly O’Brien, Keenan Ramsey and 2014 Norwood premiership player Anthony Wilson are confirmed starters for Adelaide’s Round One opener against the Roosters.

First-round pick Lever played his first game in 18 months last Saturday since undergoing a knee reconstruction.

Keenan Ramsey booted three goals in the State League trial at Richmond Oval, while Wigg, O’Brien, Dear and Wilson all showed promising signs.

James Podsiadly and Scott Thompson are also in line for their first games for premiership points with the SANFL Crows. The veterans were among Adelaide’s best in the Club’s State League trial against West Adelaide.

Midfielders Matthew Spencely and Charlie Molyneux were the most impressive development players in last week’s hit-out. Dashing goalkicker Spencely will start on a wing while Molyneux has been named on the ball for Saturday’s Round One clash.

Second-year development squad members Sam Pfeiffer and Justin Smart will shore up Adelaide’s defence, while fresh faces Matthew Stent (Golden Grove), Nick Mott (Noarlunga), Josh Wittwer (Hahndorf), Jake Sutcliffe (Ardrossan), Brock Castree (Golden Grove) and Dylan Schoenmakers (Tea Tree Gully) have all been named on an extended interchange.

Find out more about our 2015 SANFL development squad.

Crows fans will need to wait longer for their first look at promising draftee Mitch McGovern. McGovern was built up carefully during his first AFL pre-season, but is not far away from following his fellow first-years in making his SANFL debut.

Podsiadly, Brodie Martin and Jarryd Lyons, who was the substitute in Adelaide’s Round One AFL victory, are also on the emergency list for the Crows’ clash with Collingwood at Etihad Stadium.

North Adelaide played three trials away from home during the pre-season and failed to post a victory on each occasion, suffering losses to South Adelaide, Norwood and Central District.

Adelaide downed the Roosters by four points in a thrilling contest the last time the two sides met in Round 11, 2014.

Crows ticketed members receive free entry to the game, which kicks off at 1.10pm at Prospect Oval, upon presentation of their members card.

The SANFL will provide live commentary of the match from 1pm on game day on the League’s official website and via the SANFL app.

Round Two kicks off with South Adelaide hosting Port Adelaide on Friday night at Noarlunga.

Saturday’s SANFL action sees Glenelg shooting for its first win against Sturt at Peter Motley Oval, the Eagles and West Adelaide to battle at Woodville Oval and premiership favourites Norwood will travel to Elizabeth to clash with Central District.

Adelaide’s SANFL team – Round One

B: Harrison Wigg (35), Jake Lever (6), Sam Pfeiffer (61)
HB: Jake Kelly (47), James Podsiadly (1), Justin Smart (53)
C: Matthew Spencely (50), Matt Crouch (44), Brodie Martin (36)
HF: Jarryd Lyons (31), Ian Callinan (37), Anthony Wilson (42)
F: Keenan Ramsey (46), Jack Osborn (30), Harry Dear (38)
FOL: Reilly O’Brien (43), Scott Thompson (5), Charlie Molyneux (56)

INT (from): Matthew Stent (62), Nick Mott (58), Josh Wittwer (48), Jake Sutcliffe (54), Brock Castree (57), Dylan Schoenmakers (55)

Chuck Molyneux named. That's awesome. Good luck Chuck, great to see the lad playing league footy.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Special One » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:51 am

Wedgie wrote:
DOC wrote:And early because their league side is on the box later. Don't you just love how we bend over?

Don't get me started on that, I've already got the club offside because of my comments on facebook about the time of the game.
I asked why they were bending over to the Crows and the blatantly lied to me saying it was to help people going to the Port v Sydney game at Adelaide Oval that night despite already admitting on their official site it was to cater for the 3 Crows supporters that might go to the game.
(and yeah as if we need a game to finish before 4 so people can travel the 10 minutes to Adelaide Oval for a game that starts 3 hours later)
Got an icy welcome at the club tonight and they knew who I was (I didn't have to spell out my name, they told me they knew who I was from facebook) when I just got a normal membership with home match pass downgrading from my Presidency group membership of the last few years which would have netted the club $1000s of dollars over the years. And even then the only reason I got a memership and home match pass was to save myself money for the season.
Lie to me, miss out on thousands of my dollars, simple.
Sneaking my beers in tomorrow and sending my spare cash South's way.
And going to make anyone wearing Cows gear unwelcome, if anyone has both North and Cows gear on, look out!

Smart work North, cater for a couple of wankers and bend over to your AFL mates and lose thousands of dollars yourself in the process as well as create an atmosphere where things are going to get uglier.

Wankers do that, the fans have nothing to with your anti-afl stance. Do you know the crows still pay their dividend to the Sanfl and on top pay what 500k play in the comp... I think Port are more the free loaders!
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby sib » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:35 am

I bet half of you support crows in the afl. I support both Norwood and crows. I can't bag my crows boys just because it's sanfl. It doesn't feel right. So I choose to support both.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:42 am

sib wrote:I bet half of you support crows in the afl. I support both Norwood and crows. I can't bag my crows boys just because it's sanfl. It doesn't feel right. So I choose to support both.

Move along Sir, you don't appear to be bitter enough for SaFooty forums.

Personally I have no problem with your view and support system which seems to have evolved with the comp.

Brace yourself now for the tirade of abuse for accepting the circumstances and enjoying the footy without having the need to bitch and moan.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL