wubsy's Sydney thread

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2015 1:01 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Not overly confident about saturday night... Our best will/should get the job done, our worst is extremely poor. Showed that in last years GF... Saying that, it wouldn't have mattered who the hawks played in last year in the GF, the result would have been the same! Best team effort in a grand final i have ever seen!!! Yes better than 2007. Ruthless.

I'll obviously be happy if we get the win, but i won't be entirely happy this season til we either win a flag or get knocked out the finals having a red hot crack (i'll still be pissed but i could somewhat accept that)!!!!

I'm still undecided, Lewis Jordan is back and will be fresh as, surely the Swans have some unfinished business to deal with from last season but neither team has hardly set the world on fire this season yet.
Sydney I kind of liken to a rollercoaster, I think they are just plodding away getting things done travelling up the big hill to come out the other side and start turning it on for the back half of the season, I'm starting to think a non-Victorian GF.l
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Not overly confident about saturday night... Our best will/should get the job done, our worst is extremely poor. Showed that in last years GF... Saying that, it wouldn't have mattered who the hawks played in last year in the GF, the result would have been the same! Best team effort in a grand final i have ever seen!!! Yes better than 2007. Ruthless.

I'll obviously be happy if we get the win, but i won't be entirely happy this season til we either win a flag or get knocked out the finals having a red hot crack (i'll still be pissed but i could somewhat accept that)!!!!

I'm still undecided, Lewis Jordan is back and will be fresh as, surely the Swans have some unfinished business to deal with from last season but neither team has hardly set the world on fire this season yet.
Sydney I kind of liken to a rollercoaster, I think they are just plodding away getting things done travelling up the big hill to come out the other side and start turning it on for the back half of the season, I'm starting to think a non-Victorian GF.l

swans vs freo???? :D
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2015 1:40 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:swans vs freo???? :D

That would be my quinella at this stage, I think there's enough fire in the belly in Sydney to want to make amends on last season and player for player they are aqs good as any side going around at the moment.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri May 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Looking forward to this game, im hoping we can win but unfortunately i think the Swans will have the fire to get revenge for the embarrassment we caused them last year.
Very hard to split the two teams, even down to the duds, we have Shoenmakers they have Goodes. Wouldnt be surprised if Duryea came in for Shoenmakers.
I think Sydney are way over the odds, im going to have a little dabble H2H and Sydney 40+
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:13 am

Goodes a dud. Rightio... Was very good Saturday night
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon May 25, 2015 8:28 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Goodes a dud. Rightio... Was very good Saturday night

Another delusional Hawk. Goodes beat Taylor the week before as well. If you want a dud Daisy check out Suckling.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:46 am

Really good win saturday night...

However all this rubbish talk about redemption! You don't earn that 8 rounds into the season....

Rumour going around that stuart dew could be the next coach of carlton.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby MW » Mon May 25, 2015 8:50 am

I doubt it will be Dew. I think you'll find its Worsfold who is tried at the level and not as old and over the hill as Malthouse.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Chuck Wepner » Mon May 25, 2015 9:13 am

No. Re-cycled coaches are no longer given much credence. Especially now that Gold Coast made that mistake with Eade. Dew is a good chance to coach the Blues this year, unfortunately.
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby MW » Mon May 25, 2015 9:23 am

Chuck Wepner wrote:No. Re-cycled coaches are no longer given much credence. Especially now that Gold Coast made that mistake with Eade. Dew is a good chance to coach the Blues this year, unfortunately.

I think Worsfold is thought of differently. He was not sacked, he resigned without going to another club. Different situation to a recycled coach IMO
MW
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Hawthorn (69) v Sydney (73)

The Swans were accused of not turning up for last year’s Grand Final but they showed up here when it didn’t matter anywhere near as much.

But still, revenge or similar!

This was an intense match, worthy of two top teams with some of the best talent in the game.

Sydney started out very strong, stunning the Hawks with a six goal blitz but the Swans just failed to land the knock out blow and the Hawks slowly worked back into the game.

It was like Alastair Clarkson did some of that coaching stuff the commentators allude to but don’t actually understand.

It was the defensive work of Cyril Rioli that sparked the Hawks and he was special, exciting, amazing, magic and all those other things people seem to bang on about.

It was great when he took a normal mark on the lead and one of the commentators said ‘no one else in the league could do that.’ I’m not sure what league they were referring to.

The Hawks not only got back in the game but looked like winning it. In the battle of the two expensive free agents, James Frawley took Franklin out of the game in an impressive performance.

When it looked like the Hawks might get over the line, Jarrad McVeigh went forward and booted two goals to get the Swans the lead.

It was still a close run thing though. Luke Breust had a set shot from 40m out, which he surprisingly missed and Rioli fumbled in the dying seconds in the goal square but boy was it an exciting fumble. No one in the league can fumble like he does.

It was a great win for Sydney and for the Hawks it will be a week of practicing their goal kicking.

the highlighted part made me laugh on saturday night, it was like he sat on 12 peoples shoulder and took a hanger...
Last edited by woodublieve12 on Mon May 25, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby MW » Mon May 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Cyrils fumble won me $32...thanks Cyril
MW
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Mon May 25, 2015 12:20 pm

MatteeG wrote:I'll be at this game WUB. Should be a good one. I agree with Titus- you are a lot more settled than us.

10 minutes in you'll be able to tell which 2015 hawks team has rocked up. If you are 5 goals up it is the switched off/unmotivated version :)

BOOM. Great game though.

Goal kicking again this week- has been the difference in 3 of our 4 losses. Easy set shot misses.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 25, 2015 1:13 pm

MW wrote:Cyrils fumble won me $32...thanks Cyril

It cost me $138.60.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Sydney vs. Carlton (SCG) 7.50pm

It’s been tough for all of us watching Carlton fall apart this year. I’m sure each and every one of us has reached out to our Blues supporting friends to offer kind words of support.

What a relief for all involved that everything is now fixed at Carlton. We can now move on and focus on them ruining another Friday night game.

Interim coach John Barker will be looking to not completely ruin his chances of ever being a senior coach over the next fifteen weeks.

The only job title worse than ‘interim coach’ is ‘Clive Palmer’s media adviser.

Still, a change of coach often results in a win is the old saying but the old people who say that probably hadn’t seen this Carlton team play. ‘Play’ being an inaccurate description if I’m being honest with you, which I feel I can be.

Sydney beat the Hawks last week, so this is like walking to the fridge the week after you ran a marathon.

This will be so brutal it will make the Red Wedding episode of Game of Thrones look like Peppa Pig.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:08 am

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby RoosterMan » Thu May 28, 2015 10:53 am

daysofourlives wrote:Looking forward to this game, im hoping we can win but unfortunately i think the Swans will have the fire to get revenge for the embarrassment we caused them last year.
Very hard to split the two teams, even down to the duds, we have Shoenmakers they have Goodes. Wouldnt be surprised if Duryea came in for Shoenmakers.
I think Sydney are way over the odds, im going to have a little dabble H2H and Sydney 40+

That has to be a troll post, calling a double Brownlow medallist, 4 time All Australian, 3 time club Best and Fairest and a dual premiership winner a dud is a very long bow indeed.

Considering only 13 other players have won the Brownlow Medal multiple times before him.
RoosterMan
Rookie

Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Postby stan » Thu May 28, 2015 12:48 pm

RoosterMan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Looking forward to this game, im hoping we can win but unfortunately i think the Swans will have the fire to get revenge for the embarrassment we caused them last year.

That has to be a troll post, calling a double Brownlow medallist, 4 time All Australian, 3 time club Best and Fairest and a dual premiership winner a dud is a very long bow indeed.

Considering only 13 other players have won the Brownlow Medal multiple times before him.

Went alright last week for a dud.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby RoosterMan » Thu May 28, 2015 1:33 pm

stan wrote:
RoosterMan wrote:

Went alright last week for a dud.

That must make Chris Judd a dud then as he has won as many Brownlow Medals as Goodes has. :P
RoosterMan
Rookie

Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 28, 2015 2:53 pm

RoosterMan wrote:
That must make Chris Judd a dud then as he has won as many Brownlow Medals as Goodes has. :P

Agreed on both accounts, just because they've won Brownlow's in the past doesn't make them elite players of today, Diesel could still be on the payroll then.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL