R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:10 am

CENTURION wrote:It was interesting at The President's Luncheon, to have 2 spoonbills sitting with us, resplendent in their Centrals AND Crows colours. How ridiculous.

Not really sure how it is ridiculous.

Its a pretty weird situation having both teams you love in the same competition. It is a pretty unique situation.

If I had to choose a single team it would be the crows, but that doesnt mean i dont still want centrals to do well, and I would rather centrals win than the crows reserves team.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:34 am

Be no different to wearing a Crows scarf and a Fremantle scarf last Sat night at Adelaide Oval.
Absolutey clueless wankers.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2049 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:51 am

Wedgie wrote:Be no different to wearing a Crows scarf and a Fremantle scarf last Sat night at Adelaide Oval.

No it's very different.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Be no different to wearing a Crows scarf and a Fremantle scarf last Sat night at Adelaide Oval.

No it's very different.

No different.
No different to wearing an Arsenal and Tottenham scarf.
No different to wearing a Holden jacket and a Ford cap.
No different to wearing a Real Madrid and Barcelona scarf.
No different to wearing a Russia and US scarf at the Ice Hockey.
All are stupid to the same degree.
Complete wankers who are pathetic in my eyes.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:09 pm

So I'm automatically pathetic because the two teams I love, which played in different comps, and now are in the same comp outside of my control?

Pretty short sighted view.

Should I renounce my support of centrals?

Or generate a hate of the crows reserves?

This is one of the worst things about the sanfl reserves teams. And part of the reason why people report no atmosphere at the crows reserves games. That's because maybe half of the crowd support both teams!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Yes
No
Yes
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tipper » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:18 pm

bennymacca wrote:So I'm automatically pathetic because the two teams I love, which played in different comps, and now are in the same comp outside of my control?

Pretty short sighted view.

Should I renounce my support of centrals?

Or generate a hate of the crows reserves?

This is one of the worst things about the sanfl reserves teams. And part of the reason why people report no atmosphere at the crows reserves games. That's because maybe half of the crowd support both teams!

i think half is way overestimating the numbers just quietly.

and i dont think there is any complaints about support for the sanfl teams. from what i have read there are still people cheering their goals etc, its just when the afl teams score that the tumbleweeds roll through. are you suggesting those secretly supporting both sides only cheer for one??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yes
No
Yes

Applause!!!!!!

Benny Mac still clueless. tAke the crows hat off and learn from the last 12 months FFS!!!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yes
No
Yes

would you feel weird if North Adelaide managed to get promoted into the AFL and then played geelong?

UK Fan wrote:Applause!!!!!!

Benny Mac still clueless. tAke the crows hat off and learn from the last 12 months FFS!!!!!

Maybe for you that follow the SANFL more closely than the AFL it is a super easy decision, but for someone that has followed both Centrals and the Crows all my life, but would more closely follow the Crows, it is seriously conflicting to have both teams I love in the same league. Im not sure why that is hard to understand for you.

And maybe UK Fan you should go read the other thread where I said that I was wrong and that it is clear the Crows in the SANFL has been a bad idea.

I would prefer that the crows are in a standalone AFL reserves comp, but since they arent, it is weird for me.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:59 pm

When Adelaide entered the AFL, football supporters all over the state dropped their previous club. Or chose to stay with their club. They didn't support both.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 pm

Centrals in SANFL.

Crows in AFL.

You are attending an SANFL game. Why wear crows gear.

Let me guess Benny you hope there are other crows goobers around so you can say "hey are you a crows supporter ?? cos IM a crows supporter to".

PATHETIC!!!!

Would you wear Centrals gear to a crows game ???

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby wild dog » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:02 pm

tipper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:.....

i think half is way overestimating the numbers just quietly. ...

My experience with fellow Centrals supporters is that most followed the Crows in the AFL. IIRC a fair amount of the old Centrals cheer squad went over to the Crows supporters group or whatever they are called.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:When Adelaide entered the AFL, football supporters all over the state dropped their previous club. Or chose to stay with their club. They didn't support both.

Yep, but my whole point is there are quite a few of us that dont really want to drop their previous club. Especially for a reserves team. Hence the conflict. My preference all along was a full AFL reserves comp. In lieu of that I didnt think having the AFL teams in the SANFL would be as bad as people on here were making it out to be, and I was wrong about that aspect.

UK Fan wrote:Centrals in SANFL.

Crows in AFL.

Let me guess Benny you hope there are other crows goobers around so you can say "hey are you a crows supporter ?? cos IM a crows supporter to".

PATHETIC!!!!

Honestly you have no right to call anyone pathetic for who they support. Get stuffed. Attitudes like that will ruin the SANFL as much as the introduction of AFL teams.

And I never said I wore crows gear to the centrals game. I in fact didn't wear either in the one game that I have attended, as it felt weird to me. Hence my assertion that there might be others in the same boat.

Get off your high horse for a minute
bennymacca
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Why did Centrals adopt the Crows guernsey design?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:When Adelaide entered the AFL, football supporters all over the state dropped their previous club. Or chose to stay with their club. They didn't support both.

Yep, but my whole point is there are quite a few of us that dont really want to drop their previous club. Especially for a reserves team. Hence the conflict. My preference all along was a full AFL reserves comp. In lieu of that I didnt think having the AFL teams in the SANFL would be as bad as people on here were making it out to be, and I was wrong about that aspect.

Crows in AFL.

PATHETIC!!!!

Honestly you have no right to call anyone pathetic for who they support. Get stuffed. Attitudes like that will ruin the SANFL as much as the introduction of AFL teams.

And I never said I wore crows gear to the centrals game. I in fact didn't wear either in the one game that I have attended, as it felt weird to me. Hence my assertion that there might be others in the same boat.

Wouldn't be that high! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:33 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Crows in AFL.

PATHETIC!!!!

WHo called anyone pathetic for who they support ????

If you dont understand the point of something which you very rarely do.

Do everyone on the website a favour and STFU would be my advise.

YOu get a clue and we will all get off our high horses. (this coming from a C*&^s fan trying to tell SANFL Supporters how to support better in our league. Unbelievable)
Last edited by UK Fan on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:34 pm

I'm at the age where I was steadfastly a Sturt supporter way before the AFL was ever invented thus Sturt is my number one team. I'll follow Adelaide in the AFL with varying interest. I don't own an Adelaide scarf but I'm more than happy to wear my Sturt scarf to any AFL match, I couldn't give a flying f*** what anyone thinks.
It's a complicated and imperfect situation for supporters in SA and probably WA. I can't see there's much right or wrong in what people choose to wear to a game re scarfs.
I've always thought it was a bit rich for SANFL supporters to take the high moral ground about AFL reserves sides in the SANFL while more than happy for their AFL reserves side to f*** up another state comp with their reserves team.
That's just my opinion, the whole set up, (if you can call it a set up), nationally is a total mess and lacks any leadership, integrity and structure. It's the biggest failing in Aussie Rules and nobody in power wants to discuss it seriously.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:35 pm

I love the Crows in the AFL, despise them in the SANFL. Could never, ever go against the Panthers.
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote: I've always thought it was a bit rich for SANFL supporters to take the high moral ground about AFL reserves sides in the SANFL while more than happy for their AFL reserves side to f*** up another state comp with their reserves team.

Which is why I've always advocated for a 'southern conference' reserves comp. If they can fly teams all over Qld and NSW, it can't be a problem getting SA/Vic teams across the border.

By the way, I support Williamstown in the VFL. Having seen what happened there...it provided plenty of evidence as to why I wouldn't want a reserves side in the SANFL.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:38 pm

TBH, I can't think of too many other competitions in the world where Benny Mac would be faced with such a dilemma.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL