Rnd 9 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham Oval (Mon 8/6)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 9 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham Oval (Mon 8/6)

Postby Happy Endings » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:00 am

What was the crowd for the AndyAinger Cup?
Happy Endings
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: West Gambier

Postby holden78 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:32 am

It can't help the home side with a disgrace of an oval!
It's really uneven in places, the overall camber is way too severe and it slopes bloody north to south :shock:
No wonder it's the worst place to play in the league, although the Eagles record is nearly as good as Woodville :)
Get the rubbish oval sorted ffs :oops:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:19 am

I don't think it's fair comment on the south ground. I am most impressed by the continuous upgrades at the ground. It would be one of the best grounds spectator wise about. The camber would not be anymore severe than football park.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby saintal » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:03 am

Very uninspiring performance from South. Credit to the Eagles who were by-far the better team on the day.

Apart from the opening few minutes, we mucked around with the ball (180 handballs!), going around in circles at half back before turning the ball over time and time again through poor skills and poorer decision making. The Eagles had little trouble working back into defence thanks to our painfully slow, indirect ball movement, and more often than not our forwards were out-numbed 2 or 3 to 1 as a result. Dumb, boring football.

Only 3 times have we kicked 10 goals or more this season (Those games being against the Bays in Round 1, a very weak Ravens outfit, and Sturt when we kicked 7 or 8 goals in a 15 min burst). Would like to see Haren given a spell, and Overall or Boyd take his place. Desperately lacking an effective small forward and with Rolfe attempting the mark of the century and injuring a knee (poor bloke can’t take a trick) another change looks likely there.

Petrenko displayed his class for the visitors, Rowntree and Goldsworthy were busy as usual, while the Crabb/Wundke match-up was good to watch.

On the plus side it looked to be a fairly decent crowd for a change. Just a shame such an ordinary, dull game of defensive footy was presented.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Mickyj » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:00 pm

I like to know why the game was played on a Monday public holiday bad programming IMHO
Can not fault south was a great crowd
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby holden78 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:55 pm

goddy11 wrote:I don't think it's fair comment on the south ground. I am most impressed by the continuous upgrades at the ground. It would be one of the best grounds spectator wise about. The camber would not be anymore severe than football park.

Yeh I'm not commenting on anything other than the oval, and it's the league's worst by plenty......... needs a overhaul bad!
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Ramrod » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:10 am

Last edited by Ramrod on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:55 am

Ramrod wrote:Am I the only one who is not in love with Loccy McGregor. Watched him last week against Sturt and to be honest I think he's pretty soft. He's lazy and I reckon his head has gotten to big for himself. Overrated, weak, and a really soft footballer

It must be in a name. I know another McGregor who ain't too popular right now too.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Ramrod » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:20 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Am I the only one who is not in love with Loccy McGregor. Watched him last week against Sturt and to be honest I think he's pretty soft. He's lazy and I reckon his head has gotten to big for himself. Overrated, weak, and a really soft footballer

It must be in a name. I know another McGregor who ain't too popular right now too.

Very True. Although Loccy Mcgregor seems to be loved all the time, while the other Mcgregor is just no good. I just believe if you rough up Loccy he will falter under the pressure. I dont think teams look to run through him enough, or if they get a chance to nail him they dont do it. If you do that he will be no good.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby goddy11 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:36 am

Ramrod wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Very True. Although Loccy Mcgregor seems to be loved all the time, while the other Mcgregor is just no good. I just believe if you rough up Loccy he will falter under the pressure. I dont think teams look to run through him enough, or if they get a chance to nail him they dont do it. If you do that he will be no good.

21 goals this season, second In goal kicking, state football, rated in best players a number of times. Lochy needs to lift his game or he will end up back in the country.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby ferret » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:41 am

Here we go again. It appears Ramrods assessment of Lachy McGregor was made on one game.
He has been a revelation to the Eagles attack. In eight games this year he has kicked 21 goals (3,3,4,2,2,4,0 and 3). He only plays forward and with three talls playing regularly up forward for the Eagles he has to use plenty of smarts to get his goals. His run down tackling of unwary defenders is sensational. His hands are very good, rarely fumbles and can take a high grab. He is an excellent kick for goal. Other great attributes are his reading of the ball off hands and his positioning to gather the crumbs. His ability to play one out from the goal square gives the coach more attacking options. McGregor has only played 34 league games, in terms of a SANFL league player he is not very experienced yet has performed extremely consistently this season. The match Vs Sturt was his poorest game by far but conditions on that day were very poor. Eagles won 6 goals to 3. He played in the state match against WA so he must have been impressing someone. Give the fellow a break. When you can get to watch a dynamic small forward why knock him.
I can assure you, ALL Eagles fans love him.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Ramrod » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:49 am

All i'm saying is i dont think oppostion teams play him well enough. I belive he thinks he's better than he is. Yes well done he's leading the goal kicking after 10 or so rounds.... does he want some recognition for leading it with half a season to go. Absolutley no doubt in my mind, when the finals arrive and there is a lot more pressure on him we will see who was right about him. He reminds me of Matthew Richardson, if it doesnt go his way he spits it. Menatally weak!
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby goddy11 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:53 am

Ramrod wrote:All i'm saying is i dont think oppostion teams play him well enough. I belive he thinks he's better than he is. Yes well done he's leading the goal kicking after 10 or so rounds.... does he want some recognition for leading it with half a season to go. Absolutley no doubt in my mind, when the finals arrive and there is a lot more pressure on him we will see who was right about him. He reminds me of Matthew Richardson, if it doesnt go his way he spits it. Menatally weak!

Like your spelling!
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Postby Ramrod » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:54 am

goddy11 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:All i'm saying is i dont think oppostion teams play him well enough. I belive he thinks he's better than he is. Yes well done he's leading the goal kicking after 10 or so rounds.... does he want some recognition for leading it with half a season to go. Absolutley no doubt in my mind, when the finals arrive and there is a lot more pressure on him we will see who was right about him. He reminds me of Matthew Richardson, if it doesnt go his way he spits it. Menatally weak!

Like your spelling!

Thats your response goody?? You must be also sucking up to him. Love some of the Norwood lads to run through him. I know a couple so might have to pay someone to do it.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Ramrod » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:00 am

He may as well go back to the country he's not ever making an AFL list. Too short.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Ramrod » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Where have all the Loccy "I think i am better than i am" Mcgregor groupies gone??
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Confirmed Rolfe did his ACL :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:Confirmed Rolfe did his ACL :(

Poor bastard in his 100th game too...
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby JK » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Wedgie wrote:Confirmed Rolfe did his ACL :(

Thats ******!! Poor kid
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Mickyj » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Ramrod wrote:Where have all the Loccy "I think i am better than i am" Mcgregor groupies gone??

seeing your a legs fan think theres a bit of jealousy there he did run rings around your back line players :)
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL