Finals - Week 2

Talk on the national game

Re: Finals - Week 2

Postby Spargo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:49 am

Booney, you just make sure you write North off again this week in your pre-match write up, as you did against Richmond & then $ydney on the weekend. ;)
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm stumped, I'm not sure whether to go Hawthorn 40+ or Adelaide 1-39 for tonight's leg, North 1-39 for tomorrow's.

I went (A), just spewing I only put $20 on it, returned $156 though so I'll take that.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:25 am

Spargo wrote:Booney, you just make sure you write North off again this week in your pre-match write up, as you did against Richmond & then $ydney on the weekend. ;)

West Coast in Perth? I'll be sure to do so. :lol:

Fairs fair, I really should have thought more about picking Richmond in a final and Sydney were vulnerable, no doubt. They've done well to get to where they are, but West Coast over there, rested up, different assignment to a half Sydney line up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:I'll just leave this one here.

bennymacca wrote:reckon they will cop a hiding in the first final anyway, whoever they play.

Cant say they dont deserve to be there, but they are clearly the worst team in the eight imo.

10 other teams would have beaten Sydney tonight

Was the worst team in the last 8, then 6, now last 4, and maybe this time next week the worst team in the GF.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:30 pm

They have done well, but you have to admit they have had the easy side of the draw - Richmond, are well, Richmond, and Sydney were shot.

I dont feel like they would have beaten any of the other teams in the eight had they played them, in either week, but as you guys seem at pains to point out, i keep underestimating North.

Be interesting to see how they go this week
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:They have done well, but you have to admit they have had the easy side of the draw - Richmond, are well, Richmond, and Sydney were shot.

I dont feel like they would have beaten any of the other teams in the eight had they played them, in either week, but as you guys seem at pains to point out, i keep underestimating North.

Not a lone soldier in under estimating North, other than North supporters, so, so many supporters, not many would have said in the lead up to the finals that they would make a prelim.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 pm

bennymacca wrote:you have to admit they have had the easy side of the draw - Richmond, are well, Richmond, and Sydney were shot.
I dont feel like they would have beaten any of the other teams in the eight had they played them, in either week

You couldn't make some of the shit up that you post Benny :lol: :lol:

Spargo
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:you have to admit they have had the easy side of the draw - Richmond, are well, Richmond, and Sydney were shot.
I dont feel like they would have beaten any of the other teams in the eight had they played them, in either week

You don't agree you got the "soft" side, until now?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:45 pm

The irony of a Crows upporter talking about soft sides of draws.
Weren't the Bulldogs coming off a loss to Brisbane while North Melbourne's first opponent were coming off a win against a top 8 side?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Spargo wrote:

Bulldogs and Crows were two of the form teams in the comp as the finals had started. Both would have beaten Richmond and North

And if you think beating sydney was harder than Hawthorn you have rocks in your head
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:The irony of a Crows upporter talking about soft sides of draws.

Maybe you can beat melbourne to make the finals next year?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:49 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Bulldogs and Crows were two of the form teams in the comp as the finals had started. Both would have beaten Richmond and North

And if you think beating sydney was harder than Hawthorn you have rocks in your head

Lol both the Crows and Bulldogs came off losses to sides outside the 8 where Richmond came off a win against a top 8 side!
Are you serious?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The irony of a Crows upporter talking about soft sides of draws.

Maybe you can beat melbourne to make the finals next year?

Geelong were shit this year and irrelevent to finals chat except for the fact we destroyed the Crows the only time we played them.I'm glad the Crows were in such good form then.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Lol both the Crows and Bulldogs came off losses to sides outside the 8 where Richmond came off a win against a top 8 side!
Are you serious?

Round 23 was a weird one, none of those teams were in the right mindset, clearly wasnt a true reflection of their ability.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Only as good as your last game.
Speaking of the finals, are Collingwood still going to overtake West Coast for a top 4 spot this year? :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Spargo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:

You don't agree you got the "soft" side, until now?

Richmond won 2 more games and beat most of the top sides during the year, we played them at their home ground (they'd played 14 there this year IIRC - we played there twice) in front of a pro-Richmond crowd, came from 4 goals down twice and won.
Sydney won 3 more games than us, finals hardened, albeit missing 3 good players, had to travel up there & play at that shit-hole. Scoreboard didn't reflect North's dominance.
Both games the opposition have been favourites with bookies, most of the media experts didn't pick us and certain posters made Richmond their "safest option" & Sydney were to win easily others claimed.
Remember, we're apparently the worst team in the 8.
Remember, everyone wanted to play us.
People are only guessing what may have been if we played the Bulldogs or Crows or Hawthorn - probably the same ones who said we wouldn't win week 1 or week 2.
Finals soft? Yeah ok. :roll:

Spargo
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:02 pm

bennymacca wrote:They have done well, but you have to admit they have had the easy side of the draw - Richmond, are well, Richmond, and Sydney were shot.

2 prelims in last 12 months winning 4 out of 5 finals, travelling to Sydney on a 6 day break and win well and still don't acknowledge them? :lol:

And this is all without bottoming out like every other finalist to get draft picks and rebuilding...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Spargo wrote:Richmond won 2 more games and beat most of the top sides during the year, we played them at their home ground (they'd played 14 there this year IIRC - we played there twice) in front of a pro-Richmond crowd, came from 4 goals down twice and won.
Sydney won 3 more games than us, finals hardened, albeit missing 3 good players, had to travel up there & play at that shit-hole. Scoreboard didn't reflect North's dominance.
Both games the opposition have been favourites with bookies, most of the media experts didn't pick us and certain posters made Richmond their "safest option" & Sydney were to win easily others claimed.
People are only guessing what may have been if we played the Bulldogs or Crows or Hawthorn - probably the same ones who said we wouldn't win week 1 or week 2.

Keep up the good fight mate. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:03 pm

bennymacca wrote:Bulldogs and Crows were two of the form teams in the comp as the finals had started. Both would have beaten Richmond and North

Woulda, coulda, shoulda - go back to your mad Monday mate.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Richmond won 2 more games and beat most of the top sides during the year, we played them at their home ground (they'd played 14 there this year IIRC - we played there twice) in front of a pro-Richmond crowd, came from 4 goals down twice and won.

Keep up the good fight mate. :lol:

;)

Spargo
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL