10%
Tea Tree Gully
14%
Unley Mercedes Jets
6%

Total votes : 63

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I'm bored as well, so before the self imposed media ban kicks in....

PNU: premiership favourite. Gobby prix but gee they're good and Macca is in the top coach category. I have seen them win every last 1/4 of a game I've watched in the past 3 years but injury got them in the final 25 minutes of the GF. Langford was hobbled all game and the "Situation" looked, unusually, out of sorts: I believe through injury.
Goodwood: No 2 because they're saying they won't be. Top club and coach
TTG: Amazed everyone last year. Lost some good players but always seem to find some. NFI on this one
Salisbury North: always up there & have no intention of being second rate.
Henley: lost a few but have as good a feeder system as those above. May do a TTG and be a surprise
Rostrevor: Holm back. Where do they get all those 190cm blokes from? Wish we had their oval. New (great) coach will bring his experience from 15 other clubs ;) Hope he won't blind them with his rapier humour :shock:
Unley: Jetters predicted their success last year and they tripped at the end, but no-one will deny they were the best team in D2. Stinky White & the Whoopdog out, but will the Muff get lured in ;) Like all top clubs they have a fantastic junior system and their coach Troy Hall is exceptional
Port District: Very quiet which suggests they're up to something. Class club and feeder system. They need to succeed in D1 as the Premier club of the peninsular
Uni: I've heard nothing. They must all be on holidays
PAOC: New coach and a few retirements / recruits. Six sides this year but SHOC did that a couple of years ago: means little. Wanting to stay up (Despite WW's humorous post, SAAFL players are too old to get a scholarship now)

So looking forward to the 2016 season. Watching Ch9AFL football is so much better than AFL or SANFL

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CLUBS

How's the oval development project/club rooms going Jimbob? I haven't payed much attention when going past as of late.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:06 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I

AU don't tend to open for business until O Week (bloody hell I miss O Week, biggest mistake ever was graduating).

Reportedly Smeldt has gone to the Country which will leave a reasonably large hole in ruck/forward lines.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Executive Member » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:18 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I'm bored as well, so before the self imposed media ban kicks in....

PNU: premiership favourite. Gobby prix but gee they're good and Macca is in the top coach category. I have seen them win every last 1/4 of a game I've watched in the past 3 years but injury got them in the final 25 minutes of the GF. Langford was hobbled all game and the "Situation" looked, unusually, out of sorts: I believe through injury.
TTG: Amazed everyone last year. Lost some good players but always seem to find some. NFI on this one
Henley: lost a few but have as good a feeder system as those above. May do a TTG and be a surprise
Rostrevor: Holm back. Where do they get all those 190cm blokes from? Wish we had their oval. New (great) coach will bring his experience from 15 other clubs ;) Hope he won't blind them with his rapier humour :shock:
Unley: Jetters predicted their success last year and they tripped at the end, but no-one will deny they were the best team in D2. Big Stephen White & the Whoopdog out, but will the Muff get lured in ;) Like all top clubs they have a fantastic junior system and their coach Troy Hall is exceptional
Port District: Very quiet which suggests they're up to something. Class club and feeder system. They need to succeed in D1 as the Premier club of the peninsular
PAOC: New coach and a few retirements / recruits. Six sides this year but SHOC did that a couple of years ago: means little. Wanting to stay up (Despite WW's humorous post, SAAFL players are too old to get a scholarship now)

So looking forward to the 2016 season. Watching Ch9AFL football is so much better than AFL or SANFL

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CLUBS

with all that love, one would think you are up for re-election
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:00 am

Executive Member wrote:

Unley: Jetters predicted their success last year and they tripped at the end, but no-one will deny they were the best team in D2. Big Stephen White & the Whoopdog out, but will the Muff get lured in ;) Like all top clubs they have a fantastic junior system and their coach Troy Hall is exceptional

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CLUBS

As long as he continues to invite Jo172 and I to corporate boxed events and allows us to drink them dry it's a resounding Vote 1 for Jimmy Carter in 2016. We didn't even sue him when Jo broke his arm later that night ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Executive Member » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:02 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CLUBS

As long as he continues to invite Jo172 and I to corporate boxed events and allows us to drink them dry it's a resounding Vote 1 for Jimmy Carter in 2016. We didn't even sue him when Jo broke his arm later that night ;)

he knows how to run a grass roots campaign, unlike his mates in the SA Liberal Party 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:26 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CLUBS

Never again
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:08 am

wristwatcher wrote:

Unley: Jetters predicted their success last year and they tripped at the end, but no-one will deny they were the best team in D2. Stinky White & the Whoopdog out, but will the Muff get lured in ;) Like all top clubs they have a fantastic junior system and their coach Troy Hall is exceptional

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CLUBS

How's the oval development project/club rooms going Jimbob? I haven't payed much attention when going past as of late.

I have never seen the problem with the oval / gin palace. I've played at worse grounds.
In a fit of nostalgia, we have decided to go back to our last A1 era and play on Park 15 this year (ie) diagonally opposite the Royal Coach Motor Inn.
BTW, that tree on the eastern wing is bigger now
Here's some history, the last time we went up to A1 was 1982. Rex Lambert was umpires coach and Barry Lewis umpired the GF. Most finals were played at Thebby and the GF was played at Adelaide Oval
I played in the A1R GF which we lost to Teachers by a goal on a hot day
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 719 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:08 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CLUBS

I have never seen the problem with the oval / gin palace. I've played at worse grounds.
In a fit of nostalgia, we have decided to go back to our last A1 era and play on Park 15 this year (ie) diagonally opposite the Royal Coach Motor Inn.
BTW, that tree on the eastern wing is bigger now
Here's some history, the last time we went up to A1 was 1982. Rex Lambert was umpires coach and Barry Lewis umpired the GF. Most finals were played at Thebby and the GF was played at Adelaide Oval
I played in the A1R GF which we lost to Teachers by a goal on a hot day

Between CBCOC and college footy games getting a park is going to be fun ...
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby the joker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:27 am

Rumour Down at Salisbury north is that Daniel Thomas gunna have one more crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:42 pm

[quote="Jimmy_041"]I'm bored as well, so before the self imposed media ban kicks in....

I suppose you would be with the Dallas Cowgirls not making the playoffs again and Collingwood players doing self Nudies. Not much else to get excited about!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby beef » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Jetters wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Jetters wrote:Dear SAAFL, please fixture Unley v Goodwood for round 1. Please and thank you, both Unley and Goodwood.

Pretty sure the league don't draft the draw based on forum requests. Not sure what basis apart from geographical either as I can't imagine you have crossed paths before. Unless someone going to pull out some 1956 stat.

I think most teams would rather Goodwood at the start of the year as they tend to peak at the other end of the year. Grand Final rematch on April 9th might help me wash some of the GF sadness away :(

There has been a change in procedure and this is the prefered method of fixture requests

Apparently this works, the fixture on sporting pulse shows this as round 1
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Baptism of fire!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Baptism of fire!

Nothing like being promoted and playing last year's Grand Finalists in the first two rounds.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Jetters » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:35 pm

beef wrote:
Jetters wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Jetters wrote:Dear SAAFL, please fixture Unley v Goodwood for round 1. Please and thank you, both Unley and Goodwood.

Pretty sure the league don't draft the draw based on forum requests. Not sure what basis apart from geographical either as I can't imagine you have crossed paths before. Unless someone going to pull out some 1956 stat.

I think most teams would rather Goodwood at the start of the year as they tend to peak at the other end of the year. Grand Final rematch on April 9th might help me wash some of the GF sadness away :(

There has been a change in procedure and this is the prefered method of fixture requests

Apparently this works, the fixture on sporting pulse shows this as round 1

Maybe Jetters is more than just a pretty face and exceptional moderator of forum stupidity.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Jetters » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:37 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Baptism of fire!

Nothing like being promoted and playing last year's Grand Finalists in the first two rounds.

Couldn't ask for a better challenge.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Slots It Through » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Heard a whisper on the weekend, that Districts are set to lose Thurgood (moving to country Vic) and are chasing Adam Cockshell as his replacement.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby the joker » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Slots It Through wrote:Heard a whisper on the weekend, that Districts are set to lose Thurgood (moving to country Vic) and are chasing Adam Cockshell as his replacement.
he lives a lot closer to districts than gullies

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Q. » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:16 pm

the joker wrote:
Slots It Through wrote:Heard a whisper on the weekend, that Districts are set to lose Thurgood (moving to country Vic) and are chasing Adam Cockshell as his replacement.

You'd think he would've signed at TTG by now
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby carey » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:09 pm

Q. wrote:
the joker wrote:

You'd think he would've signed at TTG by now

Districts would be offering over double what he gets at Gullys but I know for a fact he loves playing at the Gullys. I highly doubt his going anywhere.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby bird of prey » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:14 pm

Can someone confirm if Dylan Jessen signed with Salisbury North or not?
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League