10%
Tea Tree Gully
14%
Unley Mercedes Jets
6%

Total votes : 63

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:15 pm

Henley had their first win of the season today over Uni. Battled hard all day, although not pretty deserved to win. Uni were woeful, can't see them playing finals on that performance.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:24 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Henley had their first win of the season today over Uni. Battled hard all day, although not pretty deserved to win. Uni were woeful, can't see them playing finals on that performance.

Admittedly first week of Uni holidays is always the best week to get any Uni team
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:00 am

jo172 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Henley had their first win of the season today over Uni. Battled hard all day, although not pretty deserved to win. Uni were woeful, can't see them playing finals on that performance.

Admittedly first week of Uni holidays is always the best week to get any Uni team

that just makes your Payneham C-Grade and Kenilworth the only teams without a win in the A-Grade divisions i think Joey?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:09 pm

marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:

that just makes your Payneham C-Grade and Kenilworth the only teams without a win in the A-Grade divisions i think Joey?

Most unfair having to play those semi professional Unley C Graders yesterday
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:51 pm

jo172 wrote:
marbles wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Most unfair having to play those semi professional Unley C Graders yesterday

Which uni players were away on holidays joey?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:54 am

ezydoesitbigfella wrote:Sean Jackson sacked as coach of ROCS?

What's that about?

Officejet wrote:Hey, which club was David Wildy talking about last night on 5AA, when he said he had heard of an amateur club flicked their coach for exposing the clubs drug culture…sounds pretty grubby if that’s the case.

Would have thought the club would back the coach to fix the issue.

:-?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:00 am

Sturtman wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

What's that about?

I blame jo172 :lol:

Post rumours and innuendo here;

They must be on drugs to let a coach as good as Jackson go when they are sitting 4th

I think this was the pertinent post Zartan
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Princes by 5+ goals over Gullies. Tight for two and a half qtrs but Princes piled on 8 consecutive goals to run out comfortable winners
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Zartan wrote:

What's that about?

Officejet wrote:Hey, which club was David Wildy talking about last night on 5AA, when he said he had heard of an amateur club flicked their coach for exposing the clubs drug culture…sounds pretty grubby if that’s the case.

Would have thought the club would back the coach to fix the issue.

:-?

I suggest you don't go down that path because you're not even close.

Wrong div.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Postby the joker » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:55 am

Great tip by the budget this week. Henley by 23
The retards, they couldn't even score 23 points in total. That side right now world struggle in div 3. They must have hell injuries or lost heaps of players because most those blokes yesterday were B graders.

Couldn't believe what I saw at the end of the game a skinny red head SN player, does nothing all day, kicks a set shot goal and runs around like a plane with his arms out. Surely that's a fine from his team mates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby carey » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Henley certainly are a shadow of them former selves.

Probably should've been a lot more Salisbury North had terrible kicking at goal with about half a dozen out on the full.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:06 pm

there is no ladder predictor on any ladders div 1 to div 7 but is on all C comps?

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-114-0-363631-0&a=LADDER
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Arch44 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 pm

the joker wrote:Great tip by the budget this week. Henley by 23
The retards, they couldn't even score 23 points in total. That side right now world struggle in div 3. They must have hell injuries or lost heaps of players because most those blokes yesterday were B graders.

Couldn't believe what I saw at the end of the game a skinny red head SN player, does nothing all day, kicks a set shot goal and runs around like a plane with his arms out. Surely that's a fine from his team mates

Sounds like Ben Wiles to me :lol: Good on him!
That's ok isn't it? I tell my lads I will buy drink to the bloke who celebrates a goal the best....
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby the joker » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:55 pm

Arch44 wrote:
the joker wrote:Great tip by the budget this week. Henley by 23

Sounds like Ben Wiles to me :lol: Good on him!
That's ok isn't it? I tell my lads I will buy drink to the bloke who celebrates a goal the best....
its ok. But when your 119 points in front? Your opposition has copped enough haven't they

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby laser » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:27 pm

And leave the rangas alone as well!
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby BigB » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:46 am

In the absence of a more suitable thread... I am so concerned about the head high rule interpretation which effectively encourages, and I reckon some sides are coached to do it, risking a neck injury by charging in with the head down to draw the free kick. As a health professional, I think it is the most ridiculous state of affairs when the umps are protecting the players head when the player is deliberately putting themselves at risk.
And I don't think our "amateur" umpires are up to interpreting the rule properly, I have never seen a free kick awarded against someone for charging whilst doing it. It's time for common sense to prevail before someone ends up quadraplegic.
BigB

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby bubba love » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:31 am

So coaches tell there players to charge into packs head first you reckon? Turn it up
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby heater31 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:34 am

BigB wrote:In the absence of a more suitable thread... I am so concerned about the head high rule interpretation which effectively encourages, and I reckon some sides are coached to do it, risking a neck injury by charging in with the head down to draw the free kick. As a health professional, I think it is the most ridiculous state of affairs when the umps are protecting the players head when the player is deliberately putting themselves at risk.
And I don't think our "amateur" umpires are up to interpreting the rule properly, I have never seen a free kick awarded against someone for charging whilst doing it. It's time for common sense to prevail before someone ends up quadraplegic.

Nup it's driven by the AFL. Umpires and players get drawn into the interpretation of the rule on TV and expect it it be the same at their level.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bird of prey » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:25 pm

BigB wrote:In the absence of a more suitable thread... I am so concerned about the head high rule interpretation which effectively encourages, and I reckon some sides are coached to do it, risking a neck injury by charging in with the head down to draw the free kick. As a health professional, I think it is the most ridiculous state of affairs when the umps are protecting the players head when the player is deliberately putting themselves at risk.

Never heard of a coach telling their players to duck their head into an oncoming player.

The rule is a bit ridiculous though. Every week I see at least 1-2 free kicks given where a player deliberately ducks into a tackler. The umpires are instructed to pay that as a free kick though. I've spoken to the umps during the game about this, and they agree that it shouldn't be a free kick, but they have been instructed to pay them as free kicks by head office. So it needs to be taken up with them.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:47 pm

bird of prey wrote:

Never heard of a coach telling their players to duck their head into an oncoming player.

The rule is a bit ridiculous though. Every week I see at least 1-2 free kicks given where a player deliberately ducks into a tackler. The umpires are instructed to pay that as a free kick though. I've spoken to the umps during the game about this, and they agree that it shouldn't be a free kick, but they have been instructed to pay them as free kicks by head office. So it needs to be taken up with them.

People will never be satisfied - umpires protecting the ball player at all times - any head high contact is penalised - and if a player "ducks" and seems to be doing it constantly - the umpire reports it to the coach and the matter is dealt with there. Expecting umpires to make a judgement call on whether a player ducks, or slips - in a millisecond - is pure folly - especially in lower grades where their level of expertise may not be as high as higher grades.

It's a simple rule - protect the ball player and any head high contact should be penalised - storm in a tea cup.....
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League