No votes
Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:23 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Does sound like theyre getting a pretty good deal...

They can't do anything with the "B" grade now! Maybe they should start with minus point's next year, but no way should be the "A" Grade get a deal like that. They should have points deducted this year( if the bloke is found guilty) and if that means that they are relegated to div 5 then this is there penalty. They should not be getting any special treatment to save them from relegation, Salisbury and other clubs have lost a few spots on the ladder when they where deducted points.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Wazz17 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:16 pm

Congratulation to the HVFC on their B grades well deserved win, far too accomplished for our lads.
Not sure about the umpiring though, all I can say is that we expected better with so many good umpires available but received two very inept guys who were inconsistent & confusing with their decisions on both sides.

As you do when you know where your sides are going to finish there is always a scramble to qualify players which HVFC did a great job in doing and as we have certainly done in the past don't worry about that!
HVFC also applied for and got a permit for a player who played 9 A grade games and 7 B grade games. Not correct as far as the leagues ruling suggests but was given the permit based on the fact he played those last 7 games in the B's so he must be a B grader. What the?
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby beef » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Haven't seen the team sheet from saturday but i doubt Hope Valley would be trying to qualify A graders for their B's in the last month of the season when their A's were trying to avoid relegation. You normally get 1 or 2 guys with a permit but normally isn't the difference between winning and losing finals
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 254 times

Postby Wazz17 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:09 pm

beef wrote:Haven't seen the team sheet from saturday but i doubt Hope Valley would be trying to qualify A graders for their B's in the last month of the season when their A's were trying to avoid relegation. You normally get 1 or 2 guys with a permit but normally isn't the difference between winning and losing finals

Riddle - Tonkin - Wood - Slater not a bad group of players to have qualify for a B grade final.
As I said HV did nothing wrong & were too good for us on the day, no question & no sour grapes but the facts are the facts.
Wazz17

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:17 pm

I have nothing to do with permits so this is a personal opinion.
On the face of it, 9 / 7 means he was one game the wrong side of the equation and the fact he played the last 7 games in the B Grade would probably have tipped the scales. I would suggest if he'd played 7 B Grade and then 9 A Grade; he would have been drinking beer at 12.15
I don't have a problem with the permit. Good common sense approach
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Wazz17 wrote:
beef wrote:Haven't seen the team sheet from saturday but i doubt Hope Valley would be trying to qualify A graders for their B's in the last month of the season when their A's were trying to avoid relegation. You normally get 1 or 2 guys with a permit but normally isn't the difference between winning and losing finals

Riddle - Tonkin - Wood - Slater not a bad group of players to have qualify for a B grade final.
As I said HV did nothing wrong & were too good for us on the day, no question & no sour grapes but the facts are the facts.

Woody only played A grade in the first few rounds from memroy, he played a lot of B and a few C grade and missed about 3 or 4 games in between due to personal reasons, Slats and Benny had far from amazing form leading up to finals, hence why they ended up in B grade.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Wazz17 wrote:Congratulation to the HVFC on their B grades well deserved win, far too accomplished for our lads.
Not sure about the umpiring though, all I can say is that we expected better with so many good umpires available but received two very inept guys who were inconsistent & confusing with their decisions on both sides.

As the finals are so staggered this year, normally we'd have a crop of D2 and 3 umps available to umpire lower grade finals but they're only just finishing their minor rounds now - but round 1 of D1 finals starts on our GF day so unlikely we'll see much of the top umps.

I will say one thing though, probably the cleanest game of footy i've ever seen between the 2 sides ever :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:Congratulation to the HVFC on their B grades well deserved win, far too accomplished for our lads.

As the finals are so staggered this year, normally we'd have a crop of D2 and 3 umps available to umpire lower grade finals but they're only just finishing their minor rounds now - but round 1 of D1 finals starts on our GF day so unlikely we'll see much of the top umps.

I will say one thing though, probably the cleanest game of footy i've ever seen between the 2 sides ever :lol:

Yep, Eastern Park's oval didn't have much mud on it
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Wazz17 wrote:

Riddle - U18 still developing played A's and B's
Tonkin - Lucky to even play B grade with his form
Wood - Has been playing C grade in the 2nd half of the year although he is a good player
Slater - Form slump and was dropped to the 2's

None of this was done with B grade finals in mind. Best 22 was picked each week as we were trying to win as many games as possible to avoid relegation. B grade success means very little in comparison to the A grade being relegated for the first time in over 10 years
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:02 pm

S Demon wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Yep, Eastern Park's oval didn't have much mud on it

You weren't even there, how would you know :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:03 pm

S Demon wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:

Wood - Has been playing C grade in the 2nd half of the year although he is a good player

None of this was done with B grade finals in mind. Best 22 was picked each week as we were trying to win as many games as possible to avoid relegation. B grade success means very little in comparison to the A grade being relegated for the first time in over 10 years

Is there an echo in the room? ;)

Footy Chick

Postby Dols » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:05 pm

The only people that care about B grade finals are the people that are playing in them and their mums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:07 pm

From what I've been told ep averaged about 6 b graders to training ! Maybe thats the reason they lost a final?
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:14 pm

wonder_kid wrote:From what I've been told ep averaged about 6 b graders to training ! Maybe thats the reason they lost a final?

We weren't much better throughout the year from what I understand.

Footy Chick

Postby S Demon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:From what I've been told ep averaged about 6 b graders to training ! Maybe thats the reason they lost a final?

We weren't much better throughout the year from what I understand.

You weren't even there so how would you know 8)
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Postby Wazz17 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm

S Demon wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:

Okay we believe you not! After 12 games the HVFC A grade was 2W/10L with 4 to go -pretty daunting stats in relation to relegation, so

Fact 1. Tonkin played B grade 4th June with his next 7 games straight in A grade. Form slump to the B's for the last round = 7A + 7B - permit granted
Fact 2. Riddle played B grade 14th May with his next 8 games straight in A grade. Played last two rounds in B's = 8A + 8B - permit granted
Fact 3. Slater played 9 x A grade before playing only 7 B grade games in the 2nd half of the season - permit granted
Fact 4. Wood played 7 x A grade games, only 2 in C grade and played the last 2 in B's = 7A + 4B + 2C - permit granted.

As I previously stated I do not have an issue with it and seriously good luck to your guys for the rest of the final series.
Wazz17

Postby retired60 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Given HV lost to Salisbury by less than in goal in R17, the strategy you are suggesting, may have been a little foolish.
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:07 pm

We lost about 4 A grade games that I can think of by a goal or less

Footy Chick

Postby Dols » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Wazz17 wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:

Okay we believe you not! After 12 games the HVFC A grade was 2W/10L with 4 to go -pretty daunting stats in relation to relegation, so

Fact 1. Tonkin played B grade 4th June with his next 7 games straight in A grade. Form slump to the B's for the last round = 7A + 7B - permit granted
Fact 2. Riddle played B grade 14th May with his next 8 games straight in A grade. Played last two rounds in B's = 8A + 8B - permit granted
Fact 3. Slater played 9 x A grade before playing only 7 B grade games in the 2nd half of the season - permit granted
Fact 4. Wood played 7 x A grade games, only 2 in C grade and played the last 2 in B's = 7A + 4B + 2C - permit granted.

As I previously stated I do not have an issue with it and seriously good luck to your guys for the rest of the final series.
that is pretty damming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby S Demon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:05 am

Wazz17 wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Wazz17 wrote:

I can see by all your research that you clearly don't have an issue with it... ;)
Last edited by S Demon on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League