Salisbury
11%
Westminster OS
14%

Total votes : 85

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Postby morell » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Yep. ******* Lockleys.

It could have been us man! We coulda been a contedenda!
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby WOS Dragons » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:27 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
morell wrote:
scottroo wrote:Westminster are the envy of Many clubs.
Absolutely. Their achievements are remarkable. I recall having them on toast on their home deck (up by 8 goals) in 2013 and then beating them at The Den later in the year.

To have gone D6 Premiers, D5 Premiers, D4 competitive, D4 Premiers in the 4 years since is astonishing.

A model club for all "lower division" clubs to follow.

Shame we're talking about palaver rather than the above.

Back when we were in div 6 with WOS in 2007 from memory I remember them playing Lockleys last game of the year to stay in div 6. Lockleys were playing for a finals berth and WOS needed to win to stay in the div. WOS beat them which sent MP down instead. Could have changed WOS next decade had they gone to div 7. Remarkable effort to be in div 3 9-10 years later

I played that day and its been a remarkable ride since. 5 grand finals & 4 premierships for the club and now div 3. We have changed coaches 3 times since 2007 and each time its brought a premiership but we're still pretty happy that duck has agreed to go on next year. Over the last 4 seasons we have also entered the finals and grand finals as underdogs so to win all 3 is incredibly satisfying.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Lance's brother wrote:
twobob wrote:I just have to wonder just why do all these incidences occur in games involving WOS. The president getting struck against Smithfield. Wasn't WOS involved the memorable Central United shitty door handle incident. Now this game, is there a chance there could be some provocation from WOS and an issue within its own supporters. I seem to remember the WOS supporters making a nuisance of themselves at they're previous grand final appearance. A certain supporter with a bugle comes to mind, I'm sure there were many that day that would liked to of confiscated that instrument. The stones on this forum are the easiest to throw, but before you do you need to maybe have a look in your own backyard. If the EP player has done something stupid as has been widely discussed on these pages then I'm sure he will be dealt with by the league.

Shitty door incident wasn't against us. Think that was against Blackfriars. I believe that was directed at the umpires too and not their club if what I was told was correct.

Maybe it's a smaller College teams issue?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Did he take on a spectator did he? No he didn't! Nothing happened from it, he jumped the fence and that is as far as it went.. Was an emotional time at that stage, but it could have been much worse let's be honest! Eastern park 100% do not encourage anything that happened with the crowd and any one involved will not be getting away with it, the club will be dealing with each person accordingly!

To say he should never play in the comp again is ridiculous lol sounds like a personal vendetta or something! Did woody give you a touch up one day did he?

He has also come 3rd in the medal 2 years in a row now, he kicked 50 goals from the midfield this year, he is hard as nails + he never takes a backwards step and he takes more marks around the ground than 70% of the tall blokes in the competition! I think if you watched him play more than 2 games a year, you would agree that he is definitely around the top 5 players in the competition!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby beef » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:23 pm

His football ability has nothing to do with the conversation. No one is saying he's not a good footballer.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby LMA » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:This is just wonderful - one bloke jumps a fence and all of a sudden we're back bashing other random clubs for no apparent reason.

I know it's a slow news week but puuuuh-lease people, give it a rest

Whoever prompted this discussion is sitting back like Lardass Hogan after the Pie Eating contest :D
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:08 pm

LMA wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:This is just wonderful - one bloke jumps a fence and all of a sudden we're back bashing other random clubs for no apparent reason.

I know it's a slow news week but puuuuh-lease people, give it a rest

Whoever prompted this discussion is sitting back like Lardass Hogan after the Pie Eating contest :D

A Stand By Me quote, you're a man after my own heart LMA ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Jacks » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Round 18 - woodward punched a player in the face - got a yellow card but shouldve been a red. Shouldnt have even played in the GF. Must be very close to being deregistered as he chalked up a few suspensions with CU. Eastern park is a horrible experience to go to as your constantly baited by the crowd. Will never take my family there again.
Jacks
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:30 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Did he take on a spectator did he? No he didn't! Nothing happened from it, he jumped the fence and that is as far as it went.. Was an emotional time at that stage, but it could have been much worse let's be honest! Eastern park 100% do not encourage anything that happened with the crowd and any one involved will not be getting away with it, the club will be dealing with each person accordingly!

To say he should never play in the comp again is ridiculous lol sounds like a personal vendetta or something! Did woody give you a touch up one day did he?

He has also come 3rd in the medal 2 years in a row now, he kicked 50 goals from the midfield this year, he is hard as nails + he never takes a backwards step and he takes more marks around the ground than 70% of the tall blokes in the competition! I think if you watched him play more than 2 games a year, you would agree that he is definitely around the top 5 players in the competition!

We see Woody twice a year and we can't make a judgement. You see other blokes twice a year and he's undoubtably in the top 5... Makes sense!

He's a gun mate wish he played at my club, I just don't think he's in the 5 best players in the comp and I'm not really fussed how the umpires mark him every week.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pag » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:36 pm

So if I've got this right, next year its:

Gepps Cross
Kilburn
Eastern Park
North Haven
Salisbury
Edwardstown
CLG
Morphettville Park
Hectorville
Smithfield
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Dols » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Pag wrote:So if I've got this right, next year its:

Gepps Cross
Kilburn
Eastern Park
North Haven
Salisbury
Edwardstown
CLG
Morphettville Park
Hectorville
Smithfield
4 ex Div 1 clubs, how the mighty have fallen. Salisbury/Gepps Cross and Eastern Park/Smithfield will be interesting affairs!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Nice division if your from the Northern suburbs, some decent travel coming up for CLG, Morphies and Edwardstown
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby beef » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Dols wrote:

Gepps Cross
Kilburn
Eastern Park
North Haven
Salisbury
Edwardstown
CLG
Morphettville Park
Hectorville
Smithfield
4 ex Div 1 clubs, how the mighty have fallen. Salisbury/Gepps Cross and Eastern Park/Smithfield will be interesting affairs!!!!!!

The Capogreco cup
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Pag » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Brodlach wrote:Nice division if your from the Northern suburbs, some decent travel coming up for CLG, Morphies and Edwardstown

How shattered do you reckon these three are that Westminster got up on Saturday? Instead of a light stroll to Glandore they get a two-hour round-trip to EP instead.
Pag
Coach

Postby Dols » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:56 pm

beef wrote:
Dols wrote:

Gepps Cross
Kilburn
Eastern Park
North Haven
Salisbury
Edwardstown
CLG
Morphettville Park
Hectorville
Smithfield

The Capogreco cup

Dols
Reserves

Postby marbles » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:56 pm

doesnt make sense, must be a team missing, brighton and morphies come into the area, but yet heccies + smithies still both able come up?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Dols » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:57 pm

marbles wrote:doesnt make sense, must be a team missing, brighton and morphies come into the area, but yet heccies + smithies still both able come up?
3 down only 1 up

Dols
Reserves

Postby Pag » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Dols wrote:
marbles wrote:doesnt make sense, must be a team missing, brighton and morphies come into the area, but yet heccies + smithies still both able come up?
3 down only 1 up

And Brighton are in D3.
Pag
Coach

Postby ROOBOY18 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Gepps Cross
Kilburn
Eastern Park
North Haven
Salisbury
Edwardstown
CLG
Morphettville Park
Hectorville
Smithfield

Who would of ever thought that Kilburn and Smithfield would ever be playing in the same Div :shock:
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:27 pm

4 clubs with Div 1 experience in the last 12 years all together in Div 4. Throw in 1 more that would have also been at close to that standard in the last 5 years too.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League