West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby S Demon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:22 pm

Wazz17 wrote:
Zartan wrote:Hmm can someone confirm for me the rules..

40.2 (d)
A player may not play in a lower Division final if such player played in the higher Division’s previous week’s round of matches or in the higher Division’s last major round match unless both such Member Club’s teams are playing in the same round of matches.

So would this mean that West Croydon are not permitted to play Clavell, Malupo, Birch and Wilcox in the B grade as named this week since they played A grade last week, and their A grade are not playing this round of matches?

Players who have played more B than A grade games can get permits to play from the league, not unusual for any clubs to request during the finals series. If they play in two higher division finals games they then cant get permits to go back down.

If you've played more B than A grade games, why would you need a permit?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:23 pm

S Demon wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:So what is the go with E. Wilson (6xA - 3xB) and S. Freeman (12xA and 6xB) tomorrow then? Would they be eligible for a permit?

Doesn't matter does it if their A's are in?

Think the confusion comes because their A's have the week off..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby S Demon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Zartan wrote:
S Demon wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:So what is the go with E. Wilson (6xA - 3xB) and S. Freeman (12xA and 6xB) tomorrow then? Would they be eligible for a permit?

Doesn't the A grade need to submit a team sheet as well, then anyone not on it can play B grade..?? Could be wrong though. Has happened once before 8)
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:29 pm

Never finished top so no idea :lol: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:38 pm

S Demon wrote:
Zartan wrote:
S Demon wrote:

Doesn't the A grade need to submit a team sheet as well, then anyone not on it can play B grade..?? Could be wrong though. Has happened once before 8)

Yeh have heard that. Im just unsure on the procedure and seeing if anyone actually knew
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:51 pm

Interesting to see Adam Clifford naming himself in the A's against Brahma after a stellar 50 goals in the C's. Triple headers do have advantage after all. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Yank Man wrote:Interesting to see Adam Clifford naming himself in the A's against Brahma after a stellar 50 goals in the C's. Triple headers do have advantage after all. :D

So he should.. but I think it's probably more out of necessity than anything - Clark and another lad injured themselves last weekend, O'Regan is still having hamstring issues and McNeil hasn't played lately (injured?).. that's a fair chunk of goal kicking power goneski
The Bedge
Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Zartan wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Interesting to see Adam Clifford naming himself in the A's against Brahma after a stellar 50 goals in the C's. Triple headers do have advantage after all. :D

So he should.. but I think it's probably more out of necessity than anything - Clark and another lad injured themselves last weekend, O'Regan is still having hamstring issues and McNeil hasn't played lately (injured?).. that's a fair chunk of goal kicking power goneski

adam in his prime was a very very difficult match up..dead eye dick from anywhere..if he gets going he could carry them to the win..can be inspiring to have the coach out on the ground in some circumstances..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:01 pm

zedman wrote:
Zartan wrote:

adam in his prime was a very very difficult match up..dead eye dick from anywhere..if he gets going he could carry them to the win..can be inspiring to have the coach out on the ground in some circumstances..

They are very well structured too Zed and they clearly play for him. To be honest they arn't anywhere near the best team but they just keep getting the job done. Clark is a massive out though, he is a gun forward, super hands great reader of the play and hurts opposition teams on the scoreboard. In retrospect maybe Adam kept his hand in just in case. No Clark no McNeil up forward so where are the goals coming from. Maybe he can be the difference, I hope so, they are a good team. No fuss autos and run all day.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Yank Man wrote:
zedman wrote:
Zartan wrote:

They are very well structured too Zed and they clearly play for him. To be honest they arn't anywhere near the best team but they just keep getting the job done. Clark is a massive out though, he is a gun forward, super hands great reader of the play and hurts opposition teams on the scoreboard. In retrospect maybe Adam kept his hand in just in case. No Clark no McNeil up forward so where are the goals coming from. Maybe he can be the difference, I hope so, they are a good team. No fuss autos and run all day.

I don't hope so. I hope brahma win and Aliosi kicks a bag.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby BZB27 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Trinity beat Ingle Farm by a point. Guess the old saying goes finals footy is anyones game.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Yank Man » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:06 pm

BZB27 wrote:Trinity beat Ingle Farm by a point. Guess the old saying goes finals footy is anyones game.

29 scoring shots to 20. You make you're own luck in finals. Scoreboard pressure, you miss them and you let your opponent stay in the game. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby RaiDErNaTion » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:14 pm

Yank Man wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Trinity beat Ingle Farm by a point. Guess the old saying goes finals footy is anyones game.

29 scoring shots to 20. You make you're own luck in finals. Scoreboard pressure, you miss them and you let your opponent stay in the game. ;)

Massive win for the tossers, my mail is ingle farm ahead all game until the last 5min.
Playing football with your feet is one thing, playing it with your heart is another.
RaiDErNaTion
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Computer Crashed » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:03 pm

RaiDErNaTion wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Massive win for the tossers, my mail is ingle farm ahead all game until the last 5min.

Yep.
Way too many opportunities missed by IF.
Planets certainly aligned for Toss in the last 10 mins.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Half Back Flanker » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Congrats to Timmy Aloisi on 100 goals. Great bloke who deserves all the success he achieves. Well done bud.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:49 pm

6 wins makes the finals feels like M.P last year scrape in and could be another Cinderella story
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:58 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Zartan wrote:D6 Ladder after Round 17:
33 - West Croydon
28 - Woodville South
26 - Ingle Farm - 54.21%
24 - Brahma Lodge - 55.65% (+1.34)
12 - Fitzroy - 42.33%
-----------------------------------------
11 - Trinity OS - 49.51% (+7.18)
10 - Mawson Lakes - 45.15% (+2.82)
10 - Mitchell Park - 43.15% (+0.82)
10 - Houghton Districts - 40.49% (-1.84)
06 - Adelaide Lutheran

This is a good looking ladder, Adelaide Lutheran on the bottom and now going to Div 7, love it.

That's harsh TDK they fielded their best team for the year against us and so did we, so IMO they are better than Fitzroy who could play finals. Personnel aye, if every team in Div 6 had their best 21 available every week we would all be equal top. It's been an amazingly close hard felt Div this year. Anyone could actually beat anyone on any given day. So we will just go out and beat West Croydon this week, after all Trinity drew with them and we beat Trinity both times. Someone has to make a statement. :lol:

personally I think it's sad that everyone is excited about who is going to make the five. The successful club is going to finish fifth by winning 1 game every three weeks, which is embarrassing imo
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby RaiDErNaTion » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
BZB27 wrote:We got our own Purple haha

Nah, he'll only be purple if we all punch him in the arm ;)

Imagine the line up for that? :lol:

Nice write up again Zartan. Best one yet, easy to read not full of diplomacy. You rightly stated that Fitzroy could make the 5, but if they lose their last 2 and we beat Luthies then they could actually get relegated on percentage with 10 points. They have beaten a top 4 team and Trinity have drawn with the top team. So it would be tragic if it happened but the bottom 6 are their own biggest enemies but let's face it, who would want to finish 5th, just means you have to train two more nights to end your season. :D

I was surprised to see this from you Yank Man especially after last year, trinity into 2nd week of finals.
Playing football with your feet is one thing, playing it with your heart is another.
RaiDErNaTion
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:13 am

Congrats to HT and TOS - in both grades. Obviously a disappointing way to end the season for us, but I think when we look back over the season as a whole, and the game as well, we really only have ourselves to blame for the situation.

In the B grade, Trinity had a lot of leg speed across the ground - Siciliano, Williams, Collyns, Dahlgren were the main catalyst's for TOS forward movement, and not having a genuine ruckman for us hurt more than I had expected, and Ebert had a day out.

The first quarter proved the difference - 4.0 to 2.3.. from there it was a real arm wrestle, but we continued to burn chances I50, and to TOS credit every time we challenged they were good enough to respond to keep the buffer. The last quarter I felt was our opportunity to win it, but again we just couldn't finish in front of goals.

Overall I think it was a pretty good game of football over the 4 quarters - I had a lot of spectators comment on how good it was.. high pressure, high speed, physical.

Good luck to TOS from here on in, think they're a genuine chance to account for Brahma and West Croydon.

In the A grade, really two things I felt were the major difference -
a) obviously our inability in front of goals to put TOS away - kicking 11.18 over the game - bad kicking is bad footy.. Break at 3/4 time was around 3 goals, but should've been more and not given TOS a sniff.

b) Cotter. Where we failed he did not, and his 2x last quarter goals from the boundary were the difference in the end.

TOS took the lead with 3min remaining - Ingle Farm then kicked 2x points in the remaining time but just couldn't wrestle back that goal.

As I said if we look back over the season and the games, we only have ourselves to blame - lost games we should have won, burned opportunities in games and produced some inconsistent results - both grades should've really finished top 3 and secured a double chance, but we didn't.

Think the lop-sided nature of the A grade comp, and the one sided matches in D6R helped mask these deficiencies over the latter part of the year.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:31 am

when we played you in the As and what i seen on saturday the samething stood out for me was the poor team work between players lot of selfish acts during the game came back to bite ingle farm

i made the comments during our game that if you guys were to go anywhere you had to play a team game i was shot down by 3-4 players yet thats what happen on the weekend
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League