Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Booney » Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Spargo wrote:
stan wrote:I think 6 is fair. I think Gaff will miss this week and then he'll be back but its the long term issues of concussion that are a worry.

It was a shit act but the bloke knows he made a bad choice. Now he can sit there for 6 weeks and think about it.

Good post.

X2.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 26, 2016 10:02 am

I gotta admit, I was surprised by six.
I thought 4, maybe 5.
Which, I guess, he might have got had his defense counsel been a little better.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:15 am

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (111.33 KiB) Viewed 813 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3015 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Kenny still accepting mediocrity down at the swamp, just Howard in for Jonas.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Thu May 26, 2016 3:34 pm

Who have they got to bring in? Mitchell, Butcher ???
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Thu May 26, 2016 3:36 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Kenny still accepting mediocrity down at the swamp, just Howard in for Jonas.

No brainer, really. Howard can ruck, Trengove can go back and then chop out with Westhoff when Dougs needs a breather.

The only possible inclusions were Mitchell ( rookie list ) or S.Gray and Amon who were both ok without being excellent last week against South.

Jesse Palmer must be close to a debut as well.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 pm

is carlisle ready to go?

depth seems to be a real issue down at port land at the moment
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Thu May 26, 2016 3:46 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Kenny still accepting mediocrity down at the swamp, just Howard in for Jonas.

No brainer, really. Howard can ruck, Trengove can go back and then chop out with Westhoff when Dougs needs a breather.

The only possible inclusions were Mitchell ( rookie list ) or S.Gray and Amon who were both ok without being excellent last week against South.

Where's Clurey, he's had a fee games back now hasn't he? Are they now admitting the Trengove experiment hasn't worked? If you keep doing that ngs the same you can't expect to get anything but the same result, put them on notice and drop a Hartlett
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Thu May 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Clurey had no preseason, he's a long way off I think.

Trengove works, but he needs support.

@bennymacca Carlile is also a long way off the pace.

*edit*

We've now got the likes of Carlile, S.Gray, Amon, Ah Chee, Clurey and some promising kids at SANFL level. Depth is coming back....form isn't.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu May 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Serious question.....

I have put my 2 bobs worth in after round 3 or 4 but do people think Port will get anywhere near a premiership in the next 3-4 years with Ken in charge? Simple yes or no question.

Currently he reminds me of Brenton Sanderson where he has fantastic skills as a head coach, but without the right people around him in a supporting role he really struggles to get the consistent best out of the squad (You can strongly argue Sanderson ran over a family of black cats on his way to Adelaide in losing Tippett, draft picks, star forward with a knee, loses his 2ic and brains trust first for 6 months and then unfortunately losing his life). Mind you all coaches would struggle without the best people around them.

I listened to him on 360 last week during a live cross and he just really rambled without much conviction. Just seemed odd compared to his aura he created during his first 18 months in charge.

In fairness Port has had no luck with player availability this year, so it's a fine edge for the long term vision of the club.

I am happy to be wrong and you can put me down for this quote if I am, but I really think they need to look for another option. I don't think they can win another flag with Ken in charge.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Thu May 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Who are you banging down there to get the info lol.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Thu May 26, 2016 4:31 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:

Where's Clurey, he's had a fee games back now hasn't he? Are they now admitting the Trengove experiment hasn't worked? If you keep doing that ngs the same you can't expect to get anything but the same result, put them on notice and drop a Hartlett

Would have thought Howard comes in but also Cluery as well. I guess they feel Howard + Westhoff in the ruck with Trengrove back.

Ageee with you Re: Hartlett, needs to.make a statement maybe even get a guy like Palmer into the side.
stan
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 4:34 pm

bennymacca wrote:is carlisle ready to go?

depth seems to be a real issue down at port land at the moment

At the moment?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Good question, impossible to answer, for if you say "someone else" then you need to quantify who and why they would get the job done.

I think you're correct about the people around him, Walsh and Richardson within a short time went from assistants to senior coaches in their own right.

After the '13 season, Richardson left the week before the draft that year, fairly important losing the coaching director when you're about to shuffle the list. No club stands in the way of someone moving up, so off he goes.

Then at the end of '14 we lost Walsh across Port Road. Again, even perhaps as the man himself was, we were blind sided by losing a very, very astute right hand man. May he rest in peace.

You're also right in saying it's impossible to judge the long term prospects of this list when it really hasn't been together at any stage. However, it's this list that is the one that Hinkley has to work with. With the Ryder and Dixon deals not providing any early picks for the last two years we have what we have. It's likely this year that we'll not give any picks up ( other than the second rounder we owe GC for Dixon ) and we'll not play much at trade time in my view. As such, I think Hinkley has '17 and '18 to prove his worth as by then we'll be at the point of several players that are currently in the prime of their careers closing in on 30 and we know your an exception, not the rule if you maintain a high level after you turn 30.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu May 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Stuart Dew comes to mind straight away. Knows the club at its most successful point and has had a plethora of successful experience since leaving Port at Hawthorn and Sydney. If Sydney continue to get better this year and push for top spot I would think he would be an exceptional candidate.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 26, 2016 5:26 pm

A week too late but better late than never.......Howard shouldn't have been dropped and they need to get games into him.
This rubbish about he needs a rest or he needs to be managed as he is young.......is bullshit!!
Last edited by amber_fluid on Thu May 26, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Booney wrote:Good question, impossible to answer, for if you say "someone else" then you need to quantify who and why they would get the job done.

I think you're correct about the people around him, Walsh and Richardson within a short time went from assistants to senior coaches in their own right.

After the '13 season, Richardson left the week before the draft that year, fairly important losing the coaching director when you're about to shuffle the list. No club stands in the way of someone moving up, so off he goes.

Then at the end of '14 we lost Walsh across Port Road. Again, even perhaps as the man himself was, we were blind sided by losing a very, very astute right hand man. May he rest in peace.

You're also right in saying it's impossible to judge the long term prospects of this list when it really hasn't been together at any stage. However, it's this list that is the one that Hinkley has to work with. With the Ryder and Dixon deals not providing any early picks for the last two years we have what we have. It's likely this year that we'll not give any picks up ( other than the second rounder we owe GC for Dixon ) and we'll not play much at trade time in my view. As such, I think Hinkley has '17 and '18 to prove his worth as by then we'll be at the point of several players that are currently in the prime of their careers closing in on 30 and we know your an exception, not the rule if you maintain a high level after you turn 30.

C'mon Booney..........you're an astute footy judge and Port man........stop making excuses for Kenny!
I'm not Allan Scott but you will never win a flag whilst Ken is in charge...........
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby stan » Thu May 26, 2016 6:03 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Good question, impossible to answer, for if you say "someone else" then you need to quantify who and why they would get the job done.

C'mon Booney..........you're an astute footy judge and Port man........stop making excuses for Kenny!
I'm not Allan Scott but you will never win a flag whilst Ken is in charge...........

Careful mate the last thing we bloody well want is for him to prove you wrong.
stan
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu May 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Chocco was a stubborn pr$ck who knew how to get the best out of his players.......Kenny just wants to be best friends and to be liked by all!!
Last edited by amber_fluid on Thu May 26, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby cracka » Thu May 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Booney wrote:I think you're correct about the people around him, Walsh and Richardson within a short time went from assistants to senior coaches in their own right

Who is in the role now?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL