Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:54 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Anyone for cricket? **** it.

Terribly disappointed in several players today. Unacceptable by many others. Season officially over.

And the coach?
Time to go Kenny!

I didn't see Kenny miss any easy shots for goal or fail to apply reasonable pressure to oppose. This is all about player performances. Walkers who always blame the coach don't live in the real world.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Terribly disappointed in several players today. Unacceptable by many others. Season officially over.

And the coach?
Time to go Kenny!

Not the first time you've said that, is it?

He barracks for Carlton, that's their default decision

When in doubt sack the coach ;)
If the Power showed half as much effort and heart as Carlton this season we wouldn't be having this conversion.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

And the coach?
Time to go Kenny!

I didn't see Kenny miss any easy shots for goal or fail to apply reasonable pressure to oppose. This is all about player performances. Walkers who always blame the coach don't live in the real world.

Players don't give a sh*t as they know Ken will talk them up and back them in week after week after week after week regardless of their performance.
Drop some senior players and make a statement that sh*thouse performance won't be tolerated.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Big call but I say, put a fork in them, they're done!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Reckon Port thought they just had to turn up to win, got that impression after listen to Jarman Impey being interviewed last night
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:17 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

And the coach?
Time to go Kenny!

Players don't give a sh*t as they know Ken will talk them up and back them in week after week after week after week regardless of their performance.
Drop some senior players and make a statement that sh*thouse performance won't be tolerated.

Yeah that's bound to work :roll: Why not drop the entire side and replace them with our Magpies players, that'll really shake things up! And when that team gets belted by 30 goals? what then Einstein? I just love the way non Port supporters are so genuine in their troubleshooting about what Port need to do to improve Here's a thought - Is your team so fantastic and successful that you suddenly have all the answers? Why did Carlton sack Ratten? Was that a positive outcome? Give me a break...
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Brodlach wrote:Reckon Port thought they just had to turn up to win, got that impression after listen to Jarman Impey being interviewed last night

Yeah, I'm sure that's right. :roll:
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Reckon Port thought they just had to turn up to win, got that impression after listen to Jarman Impey being interviewed last night

Go and listen to the interview them give me your opinion

What's your take on the game?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:23 pm

And the coach?
Time to go Kenny![/quote]
I didn't see Kenny miss any easy shots for goal or fail to apply reasonable pressure to oppose. This is all about player performances. Walkers who always blame the coach don't live in the real world.[/quote]

Drop some senior players and make a statement that sh*thouse performance won't be tolerated.[/quote]
Yeah that's bound to work :roll: Why not drop the entire side and replace them with our Magpies players, that'll really shake things up! And when that team gets belted by 30 goals? what then Einstein? I just love the way non Port supporters are so genuine in their troubleshooting about what Port need to do to improve Here's a thought - Is your team so fantastic and successful that you suddenly have all the answers? Why did Carlton sack Ratten? Was that a positive outcome? Give me a break...[/quote]

So you're happy to make no changes and continue down the same path?
Yep that's a great idea.
Change nothing and nothing changes!!!

Carlton have made plenty of mistakes but are finally on the right track with the right people in place.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:24 pm

If you go back to 2014, Port had much greater squad depth than they do now and I reckon that plays a part in their reduced output .. Obviously doesn't help when you lose 2 important players at the 11th hour. But there's someong lacking all too often in the chemistry of those that are there, which includes players of far more quality than they're consistently showing.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:

My take? Port were ordinary, patchy and inconsistent didn't look desperate enough for mine. Is that the coaches fault? I've played and coached enough football to know coaches have stuff all to do with how teams perform in 90% of cases. Also, I thought Impey was one of our better players today so what does that say about his interview? I'm a realist and Port have a depth of talent problem right now. Add Schultz, Jonas, Hombsch, Lobbe, Ryder, Monfries, et all.. and the results would be very different IMO.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:58 pm

Never said it was your coaches fault or Impey played poorly. My point was that Port were over confident judging on the interview I heard last night and that's how they played. They thought It was just going to happen.

Freo missing many of their important players too including the reigning Brownlow medalist
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:

My take? Port were ordinary, patchy and inconsistent didn't look desperate enough for mine. Is that the coaches fault? I've played and coached enough football to know coaches have stuff all to do with how teams perform in 90% of cases. Also, I thought Impey was one of our better players today so what does that say about his interview? I'm a realist and Port have a depth of talent problem right now. Add Schultz, Jonas, Hombsch, Lobbe, Ryder, Monfries, et all.. and the results would be very different IMO.

Ryder is the only one you listed who will make a big difference.
Shultz, Monfries and Lobbe are past their best and the others aren't match winners.

Hawthorn are missing quality players but don't make excuses and continue to get the job done.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:18 pm

2 wins plus massive % out of 8 so season is effectively over. Maybe time to get some game time into any other kids on the list
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:2 wins plus massive % out of 8 so season is effectively over. Maybe time to get some game time into any other kids on the list

Yep, like to see Bonner...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Brodlach wrote:Never said it was your coaches fault or Impey played poorly. My point was that Port were over confident judging on the interview I heard last night and that's how they played. They thought It was just going to happen.

Freo missing many of their important players too including the reigning Brownlow medalist

So one player (who played well) sounded overconfident in an interview, means Port thought it was just going to happen ? Riiiiiight now I get it.
My comment about our depth was not an excuse, the reality is we have poor depth. I reckon Hombsch actually goes ok.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:2 wins plus massive % out of 8 so season is effectively over. Maybe time to get some game time into any other kids on the list

I agree Jim - as long as those "kids" are NOT Toumpas, Mitchell, Butcher etc.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:

I agree Jim - as long as those "kids" are NOT Toumpas, Mitchell, Butcher etc.

I honestly don't know what kids Port have in the SANFL but I really rate Bonner from what I've seen of him. Agree with your comments re Mitchell, Butcher etc.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:23 pm

GWW wrote:After all these years in the AFL, still havent drafted a quality key forward, that we've been able to develop (Tredrea initial squad, Dixon a trade).

Exception perhaps is Chad Cornes, although he played better in defence.

The selection of Morgan about 15 years ago, was very costly, even if not taking into account missing out on Pavlich. I think that was our selection of a 17 year old.

Morgan was a damn good player but the Power medicos ****** him up.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Keefy » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:58 pm

Just reported on Fox Footy that Dougal Howard has possibly done an ACL
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times