Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby carey » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Ruben Carter wrote:
Jim05 wrote:2 wins plus massive % out of 8 so season is effectively over. Maybe time to get some game time into any other kids on the list

I agree Jim - as long as those "kids" are NOT Toumpas, Mitchell, Butcher etc.

Bonner.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby MW » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:55 pm

amber_fluid wrote:And the coach?
Time to go Kenny!

I didn't see Kenny miss any easy shots for goal or fail to apply reasonable pressure to oppose. This is all about player performances. Walkers who always blame the coach don't live in the real world.[/quote]

Players don't give a sh*t as they know Ken will talk them up and back them in week after week after week after week regardless of their performance.
Drop some senior players and make a statement that sh*thouse performance won't be tolerated.[/quote]
Yeah that's bound to work :roll: Why not drop the entire side and replace them with our Magpies players, that'll really shake things up! And when that team gets belted by 30 goals? what then Einstein? I just love the way non Port supporters are so genuine in their troubleshooting about what Port need to do to improve Here's a thought - Is your team so fantastic and successful that you suddenly have all the answers? Why did Carlton sack Ratten? Was that a positive outcome? Give me a break...[/quote]

So you're happy to make no changes and continue down the same path?
Yep that's a great idea.
Change nothing and nothing changes!!!

Carlton have made plenty of mistakes but are finally on the right track with the right people in place.[/quote]

Old catch phrase kenny...media love his little quotes. Rowey his number 1 fan
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 am

Looking forward to cricket season ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby carey » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:00 am

UK Fan wrote:Looking forward to cricket season ???

At least it's something different to asking about crowd numbers.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby hearts on fire » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:15 am

What has happened to Travis Boak? Starts from the captain and he has been rubbish this year, barely seen yesterday.

He was hardly our worst performer though, how overrated is Hartlett, had an ok 13/14 and that's it for his career, why did we sign the spud on 4 year deal or whatever it was.

Would love to see Hartlett, Westhoff, Stewart, Amon dropped to start with, then go from there.

To many players got good reputations from the good 13/14 period, but in reality we are just a very very average club that has only made the finals twice since 2007.

#wearepooadelaide
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:13 pm

hearts on fire wrote:but in reality we are just a very very average club that has only made the finals twice since 2007.

#wearepooadelaide

Hard to argue
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:20 pm

hearts on fire wrote:What has happened to Travis Boak? Starts from the captain and he has been rubbish this year, barely seen yesterday.

Geelong dodged a bullet there.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Selection news just in, Hartlett will be dropped, replaced by the Toump, if that isnt enough to shake a player into action I dont know what is ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Bum Crack » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:14 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Selection news just in, Hartlett will be dropped, replaced by the Toump, if that isnt enough to shake a player into action I dont know what is ;)

He's back!!!
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby am Bays » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:22 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Selection news just in, Hartlett will be dropped, replaced by the Toump, if that isnt enough to shake a player into action I dont know what is ;)

My nomination for Troll Post of the year!!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:27 pm

If true, Pretty much like for like anyway the way Hartlett is playing.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:54 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Thats exactly what the Port fans that are against change dont get, their reputations dont get kicks and you're dead right Hartletts output is that of a guy who is contractually safe until 2028!! He plays a good game one in 3 or 4 and then is horrible when his team needs it. He was pretty quick in todays rag to shift the blame to everyone, I think what he said is symptomatic of whats happening, no one is taking responsibility, backs blame the mids, mids blame the fwds, fwds blame the mids etc, in the end they are all at fault
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby saintal » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Port extending Hartlett, a local lad who in my opinion has been an under-achiever, for a further 5 years preseason was baffling. Doesn't send the best message to the rest of the playing group either.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Thats exactly what the Port fans that are against change dont get, their reputations dont get kicks and you're dead right Hartletts output is that of a guy who is contractually safe until 2028!! He plays a good game one in 3 or 4 and then is horrible when his team needs it. He was pretty quick in todays rag to shift the blame to everyone, I think what he said is symptomatic of whats happening, no one is taking responsibility, backs blame the mids, mids blame the fwds, fwds blame the mids etc, in the end they are all at fault

Don't blame the players nor the coach as the natives around here get upset! ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Grahaml » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Lol. Can't drop an underperforming senior player. Better off having an average season output than take the pain for a week to set a standard for one week apparently. But by all means, keep playing the overpaid mids trotting around getting their pants pulled down. Makes this site and the Monday paper far more interesting.

Ultimately, Port are just an average side battling against other average side to be the best performed average side. The group needs something more. Whether it's a higher standard, some new kids or a free agent signing, but as it stands, there's no flag here I'm afraid.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:43 pm

saintal wrote:Port extending Hartlett, a local lad who in my opinion has been an under-achiever, for a further 5 years preseason was baffling. Doesn't send the best message to the rest of the playing group either.

Because North Melbourne came with a massive offer of 5 years and Kenny had to talk him out of it. No bs either
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:19 am

The week off couldn't have come at a worse time I reckon.

Hartlett needs to go back to the SANFL for a couple of weeks, his 12 touches are all excellent, but there's only 12 of them.

Wines needs to be eyeballed by some older heads around the group and be told anything less than 100% is unacceptable. Late in the game Taberner (Taberner FFS!) broke through a Wines tackle in Ports forward half and the ball went deep. The ensuing play and boundary throw in saw Taberner brush Wines aside and take a mark to goal and seal the game. Simply not good enough. When I say old heads I don't mean Schulz or Westhoff, I mean Ebert, Fiacchi, Ginever who bled for the club and still do.

Gray needs to realize it's about the team and not him, he has an ability to crack the sulks and just go missing. Again, from a player of his quality not good enough.

Westhoff, one touch, one ******* touch in the first half! Again, not good enough. The best talls in the game get themselves into the right spots to mark be it forward, middle or back and get their hands on the ball. Piss weak on Saturday from this bloke who I have backed plenty of times.

Boak? What to say. If he's fully fit then he needs to be sent back to the SANFL ,if he's not then get him right and not play him until he is. I've heard his knee isn't right, we might find out in a week or two if he is sent off for a procedure, we'll know he's been carrying something.

I feel very sorry for Pittard and DBJ who have given their all, all year. They are getting pumped when the midfield offer no pressure on the opposition. I really feel for Stewart and O'Shea who have been forced to play out of their weight and height range because of injury and suspension and they'll be the first out then all are back. It's a pity because Stewart might just be on track for his best year at AFL level. Same for Austin, 3rd game and he gets Pavlich who had some strut back in his step. Tough ask for the lad who did ok considering the way the ball came down. Pavlich roosted one from 60 and took a mark laying down looking at the sun, take those two away and he'd have kept Pavlich to 2 goals. He did ok.

Obviously ****** now Howard has gone down, not that he was setting the world on fire but at least he gave Trengove some rest from time to time.

Worst part? Nothing in the SANFL making a case to come up other than a small half back in Bonner who really hasn't set the SANFL alight but at least shows he's got a future, problem is with Pittard, DBJ and Broadbent he's no chance of getting a look in.

Ryder, Monfries, White, Carlile, Lobbe, Schulz, Hombsch, Jonas. 8. 8 missing. Throw in Howard, make it 9.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:36 am

Hombsch back after the bye. Schultz as well possibly.

Hartlett has been shithouse. Fair assessment there boon.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:46 am

On another note, it pisses me off to hear people shit can Hinkley and the coaching staff.

In 2015 the system was the reason we beat Hawthorn twice in the season ( nobody else managed that over the eventual premier, they lost 7 games all year, 2 to Port!) , it is the reason we pushed the Dogs to 3 points last weekend, it's the reason we've been 12-10 (13), 14-8 (14), 12-10 (15). That's 38-28 over the three full seasons Hinkley has been in charge. His system works, but it won't if there aren't 22 blokes prepared to put their head down and arse up every weekend to make it work.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:48 am

But Monfries wasn't getting a game before his ban, Lobbe was dropped & wasn't going to be picked in a hurry & neither was Carlisle.
They're not in your best 22
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5486 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL