Australia v Windies - Test series

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australia v Windies - Test series

Postby locky801 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:11 pm

Q. wrote:Siddle bowling absolute pus today

been the same for a while now, to many bananas
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3710 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby Q. » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:13 pm

They've clearly got some talented batsmen, just need a pair to dig in and build a partnership.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Jim05 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Q. wrote:They've clearly got some talented batsmen, just need a pair to dig in and build a partnership.

They did better than I predicted, couldn't see them getting 200 in any innings.
Got only 2 of their top order that can hold a bat, the rest of their batters are park cricketers at best. They have a keeper who is a genuine number 11 and a couple of their bowlers at least try to bat.
I don't mind Holder, he is out of depth as a skipper but at least he looks like he gives a **** out there
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Q. wrote:They've clearly got some talented batsmen, just need a pair to dig in and build a partnership.

Both openers can bat a bit at least. Bravo is thereain main man, but it drops away after that. Samuals is looking done and Blackwood wouldn't get a game at district level.

Ramdin is not a good enough bat to come in at 6.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby carey » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:26 am

Q. wrote:Siddle bowling absolute pus today

What's new?

Park cricket bowler.
Last edited by carey on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:31 am

Everyone hangs shit on this side. At least these blokes have the spine to play test cricket unlike the money hungry f**ks who float from T20 comp to T20 comp. credit were its due, Yep there no good. But it's test cricket and they'll play for there nation when other weak F**ks won't.

Respect in my eyes.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:59 am

Can't wait for the Boxing day test when I can actually sit down and watch a day's cricket. This idea of starting test matches on Thursday is ridiculous.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:08 am

When was the last time the Boxing Day Test wasn't the most attended Test in the Australian Summer?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:21 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:When was the last time the Boxing Day Test wasn't the most attended Test in the Australian Summer?

It will still be most attended unless it goes for only 2 days. Boxing Day is an event and 70k would rock up to watch us play Namibia. Will still be a big crowd Saturday, not sure about after that
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:25 am

carey wrote:Everyone hangs shit on this side. At least these blokes have the spine to play test cricket unlike the money hungry f**ks who float from T20 comp to T20 comp. credit were its due, Yep there no good. But it's test cricket and they'll play for there nation when other weak F**ks won't.

Respect in my eyes.

Serious question but how many of the mercenaries would actually make the test team?
Gayle is quality but has recently had back surgery and would struggle with the rigours of tests even if he wanted to play. Pollard and Sammy are duds at test level and worse than what is out there currently. Not sure who else is missing, Bravo maybe?
Jim05
Coach

Postby Gozu » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:53 am

I like how Channel 9 felt the need to remind us at every opportunity we were watching a Test match, Holder when interviewed after the match was listed as 'West Indies Test Captain' I guess just the usual West Indies Captain wouldn't be suffice and all the stats they kept putting up on screen obviously were test stats with the constant 'in Tests' added to them not ODI or T20 stats which are never referred to during test matches or vice versa.

Still CA made the right decision booking the Windies in for Hobart, Melb, Syd because NZ would always draw more so better to have them play Bris, Perth, Adel as like Jim05 said they will still get big crowds in Melb or Syd regardless of who the opposition is.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:09 am

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:Everyone hangs shit on this side. At least these blokes have the spine to play test cricket unlike the money hungry f**ks who float from T20 comp to T20 comp. credit were its due, Yep there no good. But it's test cricket and they'll play for there nation when other weak F**ks won't.

Respect in my eyes.

Serious question but how many of the mercenaries would actually make the test team?
Gayle is quality but has recently had back surgery and would struggle with the rigours of tests even if he wanted to play. Pollard and Sammy are duds at test level and worse than what is out there currently. Not sure who else is missing, Bravo maybe?

Bravo as the all rounder and Suril Narine as the spinner? I don't know why he doesn't play test cricket?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:12 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:When was the last time the Boxing Day Test wasn't the most attended Test in the Australian Summer?

Per capita every single year for Adelaide Oval to be honest.

Then there's the series when the Poms come out and it's standard to be 3-0 up :)

It's hard to get big attendances when the contest only has 2 full days.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby heater31 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:17 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Respect in my eyes.

Bravo as the all rounder and Suril Narine as the spinner? I don't know why he doesn't play test cricket?

Nairne currently banned for chucking again isn't he?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:22 am

heater31 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Respect in my eyes.

Nairne currently banned for chucking again isn't he?

Yes
Jim05
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Bravo as the all-rounder would be the only one. Gayle if his body was up to it would be handy but other than that the best test team for the Windies is unfortunately here.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:16 pm

stan wrote:Bravo as the all-rounder would be the only one. Gayle if his body was up to it would be handy but other than that the best test team for the Windies is unfortunately here.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I disagree, a fit Pollard easily makes this team for mine. An experienced international all-rounder who has played with great success all over the world albeit in shorter forms could just about Captain this current rabble.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby spell_check » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:51 pm

2003/04
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:59 am

Respect in my eyes.

I'd bet they're only playing Test matches because they haven't been given a T20 deal.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:01 am

gadj1976 wrote:Can't wait for the Boxing day test when I can actually sit down and watch a day's cricket. This idea of starting test matches on Thursday is ridiculous.

Absolutely. They wonder why the crowds are down when day 1 is on a Thursday, that makes Friday day 2 when it's either the side batting first digging in and piling them on or the team batting second digging in and starting the chase. Day 2 is often "settling in" day where the game tends to just slow a little.

Terrible programming.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket