General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 season

Talk on the national game

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

Postby Psyber » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Let's simplify it all.
Just go back to arresting, and locking up people overnight until they appear in court the next morning, on charges of Public Drunkenness.
No drunks no problem! :lol:
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Let me ask, how serious was the offence if the woman in question doesnt wish to lay charges? What would be her reasoning for not wanting to lay charges?
Can the police over ride her decision and charge him anyway?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:29 am

Maybe she will take a restraining order out on him and then proceed to attend every Richmond game lol bloody Collingwood fans
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:50 am

daysofourlives wrote:Let me ask, how serious was the offence if the woman in question doesnt wish to lay charges? What would be her reasoning for not wanting to lay charges?
Can the police over ride her decision and charge him anyway?

People don't lay charges for a number of reasons, and it's no measure of the severity of the offense.

There's many people who have been sexually abused by members of the church as children who never laid charges. There's many women who have been raped who have never pressed charges. Both are serious criminal offenses, but understandably are not always brought to the police's attention.

The police have the discretion to charge someone they have suspected of committing an offence, having first arrested that person where they have reasonable cause to suspect the commission of the offence.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:45 am

Magellan wrote: Righto, I'm done. That's enough Dustin Martin analysis for me for this year and the next.

;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:56 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Magellan wrote: Righto, I'm done. That's enough Dustin Martin analysis for me for this year and the next.

;)

Thought I'd sneak in a bit for 2017 as well. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:58 am

Back to the business of football :

Premiers will be from Hawthorn, Port, Kangaroos, Geelong, West Coast or Sydney. But I think Sydney are going to slide, a little.

Smokies for a top 4 / prelim will be Adelaide.

Terrible to watch will be Carlton, Brisbane and Fremantle. Freo have done nothing to suggest anything but a repeat of last years game plan/style.

Bottom 4 will be Carlton, St Kilda, Brisbane and I think Essendon will fall from last year.

Collingwood will tread water, Gold Coast might find something and win 10 or more games, GWS should be looking to play finals football, Melbourne will be Melbourne, Richmond will stay same same but different. They might fall into the 8.

Climbing up the ladder - Port, Geelong and GWS

Sliding down the snake - Essendon, Fremantle and the worked out Bulldogs.

Fyfe to win another Charlie, Walker to be the premier key big man kicking goals with Kennedy from West Coast.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:30 am

Booney wrote:Back to the business of football :

Premiers will be from Hawthorn, Port, Kangaroos, Geelong, West Coast or Sydney. But I think Sydney are going to slide, a little.

Terrible to watch will be Carlton, Brisbane and Fremantle. Freo have done nothing to suggest anything but a repeat of last years game plan/style.

Bottom 4 will be Carlton, St Kilda, Brisbane and I think Essendon will fall from last year.

Collingwood will tread water, Gold Coast might find something and win 10 or more games, GWS should be looking to play finals football, Melbourne will be Melbourne, Richmond will stay same same but different. They might fall into the 8.

Fyfe to win another Charlie, Walker to be the premier key big man kicking goals with Kennedy from West Coast.

Franklin???

good write up too...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:33 am

our form at the end of the season would suggest that. But with all midfield healthy, Somr ruck assistants for tippet from Sinclair and a fit Franklin hopefully we can be legitimate threat come final times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:34 am

Many unknowns with Bud.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby JK » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:54 am

More than likely it's a bit too soon, but I reckon Collingwood are on the right track, and I wouldn't rule them out of challenging for a top 4 berth.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby GWW » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Looking forward to seeing how the Bulldogs go last year. I think they will maintain their momentum, although I have read on various platforms, that they may slide. They replaced Port this year, as the up and comers playing exciting footy.

I think Richmond may be a candidate to slide.

Geelong have some quality ins and could jump a few places, but it is hard to know exactly they will go fitting in players such as Danger, Henderson etc. Mitch Clarke I think will be their wildcard.

I think its a bit early to write off Sydney, they are well coached, and still have a lot of quality.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby MatteeG » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:08 pm

I've been lazy and used Boon's analysis to template my predictions:

Premiers will be from Hawthorn, Port, Geelong, West Coast or Sydney.

Smokies for a top 4 / prelim will be Collingwood or the Bullies.

Terrible to watch will be Carlton, Brisbane, Sydney and Fremantle.

Bottom 4 will be Carlton, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Melbourne.

Richmond will tread water, Gold Coast will still struggle, Collingwood should be looking to play finals football, Adelaide will battle for the top 8.

Climbing up the ladder - Port, Geelong (kind draws), St Kilda (low base).

Sliding down the snake - Kangas, Fremantle and the worked out GWS.

GAJ to win another Charlie, Kennedy to be the premier key big man kicking goals, Petracca to win the Rising star.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Booney wrote:Many unknowns with Bud.

Even more with Geelong IMO. If everyone stays fit then yes, we are a premiership chance but look at these names...Duncan, Vardy, Menzel, Cowan, McCarthy, Caddy, Stanley, Clark....even Smith..all of which have pretty poor injury records. If we can keep Duncan, Caddy, Stanley and Clark on the field that would prove to be a real bonus for us. If they go down like they have so many times in the past we won't have the back up players to take their spots as we have a short list, an incredible gamble by the club. We could be top four or bottom six depending on injuries. A fit Geelong with that draw could go a long way. If we lose our rucks or mids we will crash badly.

I can't have St Kilda behind Melbourne either, I reckon the Saints will start to show something this year. Agree on your Dogs, Sydney and Freo calls though. Your boys should do well.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:12 pm

I think it will be really interesting to see where GAJ is as a player next season.
In some ways, a forgotten man. But are age/injuries going to catch up? Can he continue to motivate himself/his team?
Can his team become more than just GAJ disciples and start to take more responsibility off his shoulders?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby westozfalcon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:09 pm

I'm surprised at the predictions for Port to be in the mix for honours next year.

What's changed that will trigger such a turnaround from last season?
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:14 pm

westozfalcon wrote:I'm surprised at the predictions for Port to be in the mix for honours next year.

Adding Dixon plus having one of the softest draws in the comp. Should easily win enough games to finish in a good spot
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby westozfalcon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:
westozfalcon wrote:I'm surprised at the predictions for Port to be in the mix for honours next year.

Adding Dixon plus having one of the softest draws in the comp. Should easily win enough games to finish in a good spot

Yeah fair call. Dixon will be an asset.

I think they'll finish in the lower reaches of the 8 but can't see them improving enough to be serious flag contenders.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Postby westozfalcon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:36 pm

Some thoughts of mine:

With Scott Selwood and Paddy Dangerfield added to their squad Geelong will be dramatic improvers. I'm tipping Selwood to be reinvigorated and be back to near his best of around 2011-12.

Essendon will improve under the tough, no-nonsense approach of John Worsold and be knocking on the door of the 8.

I'm not sure about Don Pyke as a senior coach; an astute assistant but for mine lacks the mettle to be the main man. I reckon the Crows will drop out of the 8 under him.

On the coaching front I reckon Hardwick, Leppitsch and Buckley will be looking for new work at, or possibly even before, season's end.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Postby JK » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:32 am

Jim05 wrote:

All of that, plus I reckon they were blindsided (rightly or wrongly) a bit this year. Think they'll go back to hunting and be seriously dangerous. All clubs can say this, but the health of certain players will likely dictate how close they get imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL