Collingwood

Talk on the national game

Re: Collingwood 2016

by Q. » Mon May 09, 2016 10:31 am

Sinkers, Tay Tay, Varcs, Marley, Langdon, Elliot, Ramsey, Shaz should all be there for our premiership assault in 2018
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

by woodublieve12 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Attachments
image.jpeg
(28.59 KiB) Downloaded 1084 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

by Booney » Mon May 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Not all memes, are good memes. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

by Q. » Mon May 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Some interesting opinions on Footy Classified. Nice to hear Lloyd use injuries to excuse Gold Coast's form but not afford Collingwood the same luxury. Flog.
Q.
Coach

by marbles » Tue May 10, 2016 12:31 am

Q. wrote:Some interesting opinions on Footy Classified. Nice to hear Lloyd use injuries to excuse Gold Coast's form but not afford Collingwood the same luxury. Flog.

Who are your current outs Q?

I actually think the centre half back who got done for drugs has left a big hole, elliot too

Buckley has proven that he can get the side into a winning formula, but i also question bucks experience

He played at Collingwood, assistant coach at Collingwood, then straight to coach of Collingwood, bit of a cushy ride to the top job, lacking firepower at the moment but he doesnt know any other way besides the Collingwood way
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

by JK » Tue May 10, 2016 9:07 am

Scary to think they're yet to face the Hawks, Roos, Cats, Bulldogs, Crows .. Looks like they'll even meet Ports at the wrong time. Hard to see how they can salvage much from the year.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

by stan » Wed May 11, 2016 10:33 am

Tough times ahead for Collingwood, I didnt think they would struggle like this. I think they need to bring Cloke back in to work with Moore, I know hos form has been terrible but the delivery him has been shocking. Maybe play him deep and get him to crunch a few packs.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

by Jim05 » Wed May 11, 2016 11:13 am

stan wrote:Tough times ahead for Collingwood, I didnt think they would struggle like this. I think they need to bring Cloke back in to work with Moore, I know hos form has been terrible but the delivery him has been shocking. Maybe play him deep and get him to crunch a few packs.

Cloke pulled out of the two's on the weekend with a niggle
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

by JK » Wed May 11, 2016 11:21 am

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:Tough times ahead for Collingwood, I didnt think they would struggle like this. I think they need to bring Cloke back in to work with Moore, I know hos form has been terrible but the delivery him has been shocking. Maybe play him deep and get him to crunch a few packs.

Cloke pulled out of the two's on the weekend with a niggle

When does his current contract expire?
FUSC
JK
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Wed May 11, 2016 11:47 am

Booney wrote:Question (1), DW, Q, Jimmy, of the players missing, which ones will help take the club to it's next premiership assault and which ones won't?

Ben Sinclair (concussion)
Taylor Adams (knee)
Travis Varcoe (hamstring)
Corey Gault (concussion)
Marley Williams (foot)
Tom Langdon (ankle)
Tyson Goldsack (thumb)
Jamie Elliott (back)
Jackson Ramsay (knee)
Matthew Scharenberg (knee)
Dane Swan (foot)

Question (2), who currently in the side will not be there for your next finals push?

Reason being, I think you've got about 10-12 players to "turn over" to get your list in shape, that takes 2-3 drafts and then it's 2-3 years after that when you're in a position to push again.

Clearly, clearly the top up spud approach of Richmond won't be the plan, surely?

TBH, the only one of that list I'd really like to see gone is Sinclair. I think he's a list-clogger. Bad with the ball.
I hope, and hope, that Swanny can get back. It's hard to judge Scharenberg, as he's always injured - but he's another one whose future is questionable.
Gault still has a long way to go, as a back-up big forward. I do wonder if he could turn into a utility, Leigh Brown-like, as he grows a bit more.
Cloke...I just don't know. It's interesting, though, that there's talk about Moore and how he's struggling a little due to delivery, but that wasn't an excuse allowed for Cloke. I'd like to see Cloke crashing the packs more. We don't have the big men to just trade him away, yet. Moore needs another year before we can do that.

I don't think our problem is so much with our list - everyone expected us to do something this year. I think our concern is ball use. We are so damned inefficient and have been for several years. Now, it's taking its toll and confidence and exertion are following in its footsteps.
We need to get our ball use right and attack on the ball/man.

I can't ever remember enjoying so little of a footy season. There's no enthusiasm from the players.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by stan » Wed May 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:Question (1), DW, Q, Jimmy, of the players missing, which ones will help take the club to it's next premiership assault and which ones won't?

Ben Sinclair (concussion)
Taylor Adams (knee)
Travis Varcoe (hamstring)
Corey Gault (concussion)
Marley Williams (foot)
Tom Langdon (ankle)
Tyson Goldsack (thumb)
Jamie Elliott (back)
Jackson Ramsay (knee)
Matthew Scharenberg (knee)
Dane Swan (foot)

Question (2), who currently in the side will not be there for your next finals push?

Reason being, I think you've got about 10-12 players to "turn over" to get your list in shape, that takes 2-3 drafts and then it's 2-3 years after that when you're in a position to push again.

Clearly, clearly the top up spud approach of Richmond won't be the plan, surely?

TBH, the only one of that list I'd really like to see gone is Sinclair. I think he's a list-clogger. Bad with the ball.
I hope, and hope, that Swanny can get back. It's hard to judge Scharenberg, as he's always injured - but he's another one whose future is questionable.
Gault still has a long way to go, as a back-up big forward. I do wonder if he could turn into a utility, Leigh Brown-like, as he grows a bit more.
Cloke...I just don't know. It's interesting, though, that there's talk about Moore and how he's struggling a little due to delivery, but that wasn't an excuse allowed for Cloke. I'd like to see Cloke crashing the packs more. We don't have the big men to just trade him away, yet. Moore needs another year before we can do that.

I don't think our problem is so much with our list - everyone expected us to do something this year. I think our concern is ball use. We are so damned inefficient and have been for several years. Now, it's taking its toll and confidence and exertion are following in its footsteps.
We need to get our ball use right and attack on the ball/man.

I can't ever remember enjoying so little of a footy season. There's no enthusiasm from the players.

As I said play Cloke from the square. Moore goes ok but hes just a boy really and its a big ask for him to be the main man.

You are correct your use has been poor and the turnovers are opening you up at the moment.
stan
Coach

by bennymacca » Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm

the list is very very young. Did everyone get ahead of themselves a little with collingwood? winning 3 of the past 18 games isnt great, especially with the easy draw you have had to start the year
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by JK » Wed May 11, 2016 12:34 pm

stan wrote:As I said play Cloke from the square.

See I reckon the opposite .. Get him working hard and pushing up to the wings and then back to goal in space. Has a great pair of hands and his field kicking is generally much better than his goal-kicking, but the latter is usually better from 50m out than closer to goal anyway.
FUSC
JK
Coach

by stan » Wed May 11, 2016 12:46 pm

JK wrote:

See I reckon the opposite .. Get him working hard and pushing up to the wings and then back to goal in space. Has a great pair of hands and his field kicking is generally much better than his goal-kicking, but the latter is usually better from 50m out than closer to goal anyway.

I was thinking because his form is so terrible and Collingwood cant hit the broad side of a barn with there goot skills that they bomb a few long and Cloke crunches a few packs. Bring the small forwards into the game a bit.
stan
Coach

by JK » Wed May 11, 2016 12:53 pm

stan wrote:
JK wrote:

I was thinking because his form is so terrible and Collingwood cant hit the broad side of a barn with there goot skills that they bomb a few long and Cloke crunches a few packs. Bring the small forwards into the game a bit.

Ultimately though I dont think thats the way they'd want to play, and it lets the players off the hook if they aren't held accountable for disposal they should be able to make.
FUSC
JK
Coach

by Q. » Wed May 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Get the feeling that Buckley is trying to teach trigonometry to pre-schoolers. They look like they got NFI when they're on the field.
Q.
Coach

by bennymacca » Wed May 11, 2016 1:28 pm

he sounds very smart when he talks but is about as inspiring as a block of wood.

maybe they are tuning out a little bit? It certainly looks like they arent having a real dip 100% of the time (compared with say carlton who also have terrible skills but look like they have really bought into what bolton is telling them)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Cloke had a blinder in the VFL
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

by Q. » Sun May 15, 2016 2:49 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Cloke had a blinder in the VFL

0.4 for the day, standard Cloke accuracy
Q.
Coach

by mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Including a miss from 5m...

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL