2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2016 C Grades thread - general discussion

Postby SATCHEL » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:11 pm

Suri wrote:Cheers to the Portland C grade lads who had a beer in the club after the game yesterday. Tough season for Portland but they had enough for a side and put a few bucks over our bar which is very much appreciated.

Agreed on their season. Its been tough for them for the past few years now. Not their fault or something that Matty their coach can change at all. Last year 70% of their players played two games fronting up in a Div 1R comp which should never be the case. This year its much the same story. Saturday a few of the lads left the B grade game at Phos to go to the C grade game. Its seasons like this that push good people like Matt and some of his players out of the competition. Hopefully they can get something out of this year as its been tough for that team for some years (except when a certain coach took them to two consecutive finals series a week out from the GF 8) ;) )
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Not sure if it's a typo but in the C4's Salisbury kicked 9 goals against Smithfield on the weekend and the one player kicked all 9 goals?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:57 pm

Can someone please confirm if a whole team got red carded in C5 today? :shock:

I didn't even know that could happen!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Trader » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:30 pm

down at largs?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:19 am

The NH v TTG D grade game was called off. I don't know if a whole team got red carded, at first I heard there was an "all-in" brawl but that was denied later on by a few C graders I spoke to about it. I'm not sure who the instigators were. Will probably hear more about it during the week, would love to know WTF happened.

Edit- Talked to my mate about it who is our C grade captain. In a really heated contest and after a few incidents things started to really get out of hand. A small scuffle eventuated and the TTG umpire did infact Red card our whole D grade. That was during the second quarter and from there the game was called off by our D grade coach as he didn't want anyone to get hurt or get in any strife.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Minion Master » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:28 am

poor sportsmanship from club coaches in not just c grade but across all grades, but round 1 saw our c's convincingly beaten & the opposition coach all smiles and readily shake hands after the game, I was there yesterday to see our c's return the round 1 favor with a good win over the more fancied higher placed team but on this occasion the opposition coach didn't shake hands and clearly had the sads on :O
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:51 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:The NH v TTG D grade game was called off. I don't know if a whole team got red carded, at first I heard there was an "all-in" brawl but that was denied later on by a few C graders I spoke to about it. I'm not sure who the instigators were. Will probably hear more about it during the week, would love to know WTF happened.

Edit- Talked to my mate about it who is our C grade captain. In a really heated contest and after a few incidents things started to really get out of hand. A small scuffle eventuated and the TTG umpire did infact Red card our whole D grade. That was during the second quarter and from there the game was called off by our D grade coach as he didn't want anyone to get hurt or get in any strife.

Holy crap, thanks for clarifying though, it did seem a bit out there for the whole team to cop it I was figuring it got blown out by the Adelaide grapevine.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out then.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm

How does a whole team get carded?

Unless they all simultaneously clocked their blokes I would have thought that's a tad unjust
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm

jo172 wrote:How does a whole team get carded?

Unless they all simultaneously clocked their blokes I would have thought that's a tad unjust

Maybe they all simultaneously threatened the umpire?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Umpire did pretty well to hear all 25 blokes threaten him at once I'd venture. Tends to suggest the Umps lost control a long way before hand, and at least one , if not both coach had lost both control of their players and sense of proportionality in a C5 game
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby carey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:26 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

The umpires I've seen thus far in C1 I could certainly understand threats being thrown around! ;) :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:48 pm

jo172 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Umpire did pretty well to hear all 25 blokes threaten him at once I'd venture. Tends to suggest the Umps lost control a long way before hand, and at least one , if not both coach had lost both control of their players and sense of proportionality in a C5 game

I don't know if they were sent off for threatening umpire or not. Just suggesting this as an alterantive to your suggestion of every player belting their opponent. I suspect there will be an investigation and Northaven may have some questions to answer
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Pag » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Not sure if it's a typo but in the C4's Salisbury kicked 9 goals against Smithfield on the weekend and the one player kicked all 9 goals?

This was correct. Not a bad effort from a 38-year-old.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Hefty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:47 am

Footy Chick wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:The NH v TTG D grade game was called off. I don't know if a whole team got red carded, at first I heard there was an "all-in" brawl but that was denied later on by a few C graders I spoke to about it. I'm not sure who the instigators were. Will probably hear more about it during the week, would love to know WTF happened.

Holy crap, thanks for clarifying though, it did seem a bit out there for the whole team to cop it I was figuring it got blown out by the Adelaide grapevine.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out then.

So, what happens with the points for a called off game? Does each team get a point each??

I know we had a game called off last year as a serious injury on the field. The opposition received all points as the game was called off after half time and they where leading. Would this be the same result?
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Johno6 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:45 am

Yeah sorry about that one Hefty..........................

I had a good feeling we were gonna win that game too
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Trader » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:46 am

As this was before half time it is unlikely the team leading will get the 2.

Would suggest the league will either call it a no result, 1 each, or if they uphold the "team read card", then that would see TTG get the 2 and perhaps a 10 goal win?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:49 am

Trader wrote:As this was before half time it is unlikely the team leading will get the 2.

Would suggest the league will either call it a no result, 1 each, or if they uphold the "team read card", then that would see TTG get the 2 and perhaps a 10 goal win?

Would hope not, it could set a precedent for future games where points are imperative, I'm sure that not all 18 were guilty of whatever they were sent off for.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:01 pm

the umpire in question probably cost his team the win and the football director will be told either get the umpire to know the rules or dont umpire
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:the umpire in question probably cost his team the win and the football director will be told either get the umpire to know the rules or dont umpire

I assume the association will investigate the behaviour of both teams and the umpires action and make a ruling. Will be interesting to see how it finishes up.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:59 am

I wonder if he only received 37.5% of his umpire payment?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League