Official Statement - Withdrawal of Para Hills

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Official Statement - Withdrawal of Para Hills

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:45 am

From the pen of the CEO:

At 5:30pm yesterday afternoon the Para Hills Football Club advised the League they were withdrawing from the competition for season 2016.

Whilst all clubs will be preparing for their own seasons, it is opportune to highlight some key issues to quell any misinformed theories on what could or should have been done to mitigate any disruption to The League and its competitions.

The League, like most of the Ch9AFL community has been aware of a struggle for PHFC at many levels since late last year. The League has been communicating with the PHFC as far back as November 2015, requesting information either way on suggestions circling the football world, strongly recommending the PHFC seek assistance from The League. Until the PHFC were in breach of their affiliation, constitutionally, there is very little, if anything, The League could do to force the PHFC to do anything other than seek collaboration with The League. Further, we must afford all clubs the respect that what information they are telling us is the truth.

Facts

- Until as recently as March 2 2016, The League and at least two clubs in Divisions 5 and 6 were willing to be regraded back into a higher division to allow the Para Hills Football Club the opportunity to play in a division commensurate with their capacity to compete and in turn provide an environment that would allow them to continue
- Para Hills were given until COB March 2 to allow The League to re-arrange the competitions to dilute any disruption to The League as a whole
- Para Hills were also left under no illusion that following that deadline, that there was little The League could do and PHFC were also fully cognisant of the outcome of “going alone”
- On the afternoon of March 2, the PHFC went as far to suggest that not only would they have two teams but they wanted to claim their constitutional right of being graded in Division 4
- On March 3 we advised all clubs still willing to move up that PHFC wanted to stay in Division 4 and that they would have two teams.

There are other aspects to this course of events, however what needs to be highlighted is that The League has been pre-empting with the General Committee for two years now that these occurrences will continue until the management of The League is empowered to act in the best interests of the whole competition. Para Hills is the latest however in recent times we have had a small number clubs skate very close to the wind on being forced into recess themselves whether that be due to financial or participation pressures. We have as recently as the 2015 AGM highlighted that we have identified anything up to six clubs whose long term sustainability could be considered a risk and that as a League, we must be prepared for the worst.

The League is under no illusion that a club will do all they can to do what is best for their club. That patriotism is what makes our clubs great institutions however, this current situation highlights that the Rules and Regulations in conjunction with The League Constitution does not allow The League to act in what is best for The League.

That said, The League will be reviewing the current limitations for The League Executive & Management to enforce objective assessments to assist in establishing standards to avoid the very problem we have today and one that is a poor reflection on The League as a whole for the third year in a row.

The League will be assuming control of the distribution of the remaining Para Hills Football Club players via Rule 12.26

A Member Club may refuse a transfer for a player if three (3) players have previously transferred from such Member Club to the same destination Member Club in the current season except where both Member Clubs agree.
(a) A player who has previously played 25 or more matches for the Member Club applying for such transfer is exempt for the purposes of this Clause.

In short, if a club has already taken three players from the Para Hills Football Club, 12.26 will be applied.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Re: Official Statement - Withdrawl of Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:58 am

Footy Chick wrote:A Member Club may refuse a transfer for a player if three (3) players have previously transferred from such Member Club to the same destination Member Club in the current season except where both Member Clubs agree.
(a) A player who has previously played 25 or more matches for the Member Club applying for such transfer is exempt for the purposes of this Clause.

In short, if a club has already taken three players from the Para Hills Football Club, 12.26 will be applied.

May refuse.. surely it would a case by case situation dependant on what grade the player predominately plays? I mean if little johnny who cant kick a ball over a jam tin rocks up to a new club looking for a game in the C grade, is it fair to tell him sorry pal, we already got 3x blokes who can kick from your A grade.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Bit nervous all your poaching may not come to fruition big Z?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:43 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Bit nervous all your poaching may not come to fruition big Z?

You call it poaching, I call it acquisitioning :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Bit nervous all your poaching may not come to fruition big Z?

You call it poaching, I call it acquisitioning :lol:

Haha just stirring, I'd be doing the exact same thing
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Vultures
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Arch44 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Vultures
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Just on the transfer rule, it reads that Para Hills may refuse the clearance. They don't have to.

I couldn't see them doing it in these circumstances.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Trader » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Footy Chick wrote:The League will be assuming control of the distribution of the remaining Para Hills Football Club players via Rule 12.26
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby wonder_kid » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:11 pm

They should be able to go to any club they choose in this situation!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:16 pm

Trader wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:The League will be assuming control of the distribution of the remaining Para Hills Football Club players via Rule 12.26

Where in the rules does it say league = member club.

The rule is designed to stop clubs being decimated. Once the club has collapsed there is no place for the application of the rule. The league would be abusing its power of it refused clearances in this situation.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:29 pm

Once you hit 3-player limit, you can still submit clearance for more players, you may just have to do what would happen in any other circumstance and negotiate in the interests of all parties involved. I doubt the league is going to stop some B-Grader from playing with his mates simply to enforce the rule.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:44 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Trader wrote:

Where in the rules does it say league = member club.

The rule is designed to stop clubs being decimated. Once the club has collapsed there is no place for the application of the rule. The league would be abusing its power of it refused clearances in this situation.

You make a very valid point...
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Q. wrote:I doubt the league is going to stop some B-Grader from playing with his mates simply to enforce the rule.

Nope you would be wrong, the question was put to the league today and the response was 'prioritise the 3 you want'..
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Only natural for the leauge to try and distribute those players. If 20 rock up at the same club that club will all but be assured a B-grade flag.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:03 pm

Zartan wrote:
Q. wrote:I doubt the league is going to stop some B-Grader from playing with his mates simply to enforce the rule.

Nope you would be wrong, the question was put to the league today and the response was 'prioritise the 3 you want'..

My point still stands. Asking you to prioritise isn't the same as refusing clearances.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Kahuna » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Is there a statement from Para Hills anywhere?
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Yep, on their FB page
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby the joker » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:31 pm

Bad Managment cost Para Hills. If Bangers was still they're most the players wouldn't have left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Bigshow82 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Trader wrote:Only natural for the leauge to try and distribute those players. If 20 rock up at the same club that club will all but be assured a B-grade flag.

Further to this could be if 20 players go to one club for 2016 then PHFC get their seniors back for 2017 and these players want to return to PHFC this could hurt the club the players went to in 2016 and cause the league more grief again in 2017

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League