Home brands
No votes
Purex
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: Toilet Paper

Postby am Bays » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:54 am

Growing up in he NT preferred these, especially the dry brown ones

Drough and rough to keep teh sphincter squaky clean.

The barbs on the leaves are excellent to getting dags out of your arse that may have been left the "last offering"

The seeds from the Pandanus plant make good balls for a bit of bush cricket
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Remember the old style public toilet paper with the shiny squares? It used to smear everything not wipe it off.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Wedgie wrote:This topic should be wiped.

I tend to agree. Then again, I'm easily deterred.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Magellan wrote:
Wedgie wrote:This topic should be wiped.

I tend to agree. Then again, I'm easily deterred.

You flush easily? ;) :oops:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby RustyCage » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
RustyCage wrote:I live alone when in Adelaide, so yep. When at home in Barmera my missus buys it.

I just wanna make a joke about Barmera and sh*t....
But I won't ;)

The good thing about Barmera is that every other Riverland town I visit is a picturesque day out
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby The Ash Man » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Been a Quilton user for years.
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby heater31 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:10 am

Rather ironic that this thread has popped up.....the bog roll shelf at Chateau de Heat ran empty on Friday.....just so happens that an Aldi catalogue turns up with the necessary product on special for 29c per roll!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:19 am

heater31 wrote:Rather ironic that this thread has popped up.....the bog roll shelf at Chateau de Heat ran empty on Friday.....just so happens that an Aldi catalogue turns up with the necessary product on special for 29c per roll!

Wow.... What gauge sandpaper is it?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3483 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby heater31 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:27 pm

Corona Man wrote:
heater31 wrote:Rather ironic that this thread has popped up.....the bog roll shelf at Chateau de Heat ran empty on Friday.....just so happens that an Aldi catalogue turns up with the necessary product on special for 29c per roll!

Wow.... What gauge sandpaper is it?

Was $3.79 for 12 rolls now $3.49.....

Looks and feels comparable to the previous product.....

*disclaimer product yet to face a litmus test of any sort ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Remember the old style public toilet paper with the shiny squares? It used to smear everything not wipe it off.

Yep, I remember that stuff. I think it was scientifically designed to repel rather than absorb.
The key to using it was scrunching; by creating as many ridges in the shiny sheet as possible, one was able to scrape as it were. Folding would just spread the poo everywhere as it was shiny enough to transport water across the Simpson Desert if you taped it together into a bag. It was so useless at removing poo, that given a choice of a green, plastic garbage bag, or the shiny squares favoured by '80s South Australian councils, I invariably chose the green, plastic garbage bag. This was after I tested the two products. First I used the shiny square sheet for a wipe, then examined it for traces of poo. Visibly the sheet was as clean as the day it emerged from the factory. A smell test revealed nothing except the scent of whatever shiny material it was composed of, even my dog failed to show any interest in it. I also conducted a before and after weigh in for the shiny sheet, and discovered that its weight failed to increase even a nano-gram after a folded wipe of even the stickiest poo I could physically produce, indicating that even on a molecular level it had failed to absorb the most random atom of excrement. It was literally clean enough to eat a hot caramel sundae from Mc Donalds off of, after I had dragged it from one end of my stinking, soiled crack to the other.
The green, plastic garbage bag was super absorbent by comparison. A cursory swipe produced visible evidence of contamination with excrement. The smell test was successful at a range of ten meters, and my dog? Well the little fella was drawn to it like an American to Hamburgers. The weigh in showed a clear increase of about 10 grams per wipe, from memory.
Clearly the green, plastic garbage bag, was a superior product for the removal of winnits from the human bum to the shiny, council squares of the 1980's.
How the hell the guy that invented that product actually won the contract is beyond me. Unless the councils of the day were actively trying to prevent people from using their toilets, or they had a problem with people stealing toilet paper? I am just glad that chapter of South Australian history is now behind us, and I no longer have to carry a hanky or use my sleeve or the back of my t-shirt when stranded with nothing but what's provided in the common council crapper.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Psyber » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:02 am

Quilton 3 ply currently, buy you need to watch the discounted versions - some are smaller and thinner sheets.
Read the fine print...

My wife had always used Sorbent Hypoallergenic and I followed suit after her death until it got thinner and started tearing during use last year!
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion