Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Spargo wrote:Rance has called a 3pm press conference.
Apology maybe?
Retirement possibly?

He only 26 though?! Perhaps he will site personal issues/stress and take an extended leave..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:14 pm

Zartan wrote:
Apology maybe?
Retirement possibly?

He only 26 though?! Perhaps he will site personal issues/stress and take an extended leave..

Or maybe he has lost his passion for the game..
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:25 pm

Apology maybe?
Retirement possibly?

Interesting. I'm thinking apology. However, would anyone blame him if he pulled the pin on that mob?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Apology maybe?
Retirement possibly?

New edition of the Watchtower coming out?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby MW » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Noone going with it on twitter yet, doubt its anything. He's prob the Richmond rep. for the Mondays presser
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby valleys07 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Apology maybe?
Retirement possibly?

Or maybe he has lost his passion for the game..

Wasn't he questioning his future in the game before he signed his latest contract?

I'm thinking retirement..
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Other forums running with a donation to the "cowards punch" campaign and an apology.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:17 pm

Spare me. Seriously.

Alex Rance apologises for striking Jack Watts
7 minutes ago
Glenn McFarlaneHerald Sun

SUSPENDED Richmond defender Alex Rance has made an emotional apology to Melbourne’s Jack Watts, his teammates and the football public for his “dumb, stupid” act in the Anzac Eve clash with Melbourne.

Rance today accepted his two-match penalty for the elbow to Watts’ head after he had beaten the defender in a marking duel in Sunday night’s match.

Teammate Brett Deledio labelled Rance’s actions as out of character and “a complete brain fade”.

Rance requested to front the media to insist the incident was a one-off that he deeply regrets and doesn’t want to define him in the eyes of the general community.

“It’s certainly something that I don’t want to be remembered for,” Rance said. “It was a really stupid, emotional act, which was completely out of character.”

“I am absolutely remorseful for what I did and very frustrated because I know I have let my teammates down and I don’t want that perception to be made about me.”

Rance said the fact what he did in an act of sheer frustration went against his good morals and his strong Christian faith.

But he pleaded for people to not judge him too harshly for his rash act, saying it will never happen again.

In doing so, he expressed his deep disappointment in himself for the incident, saying it was not acceptable, especially in a time of community anger over one-punch incidents that can prove so much more serious than what happened to Watts on Sunday night.

“I shot Jack (Watts) a text the next day ... it was just a dumb, stupid act, and I hope there is no bad blood between us, and he returned a nice text,” he said.

“It does hurt that people could think that I’m a thug when I’m so against that.

“I have had a few low points in my career but ... I haven’t been this low in a long time.”

Richmond faces Port Adelaide — another club desperate for a win — at the MCG.

Rance will also miss the under-siege Tigers’ Round 7 encounter against Hawthorn.

The AFL tribunal will not sit this week after all players accepted their match review panel sanctions, including a $1000 fine for Collingwood’s Levi Greenwood for striking Brendon Goddard on An
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jase » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:Spare me. Seriously.

Alex Rance apologises for striking Jack Watts
7 minutes ago
Glenn McFarlaneHerald Sun

SUSPENDED Richmond defender Alex Rance has made an emotional apology to Melbourne’s Jack Watts, his teammates and the football public for his “dumb, stupid” act in the Anzac Eve clash with Melbourne.

Rance today accepted his two-match penalty for the elbow to Watts’ head after he had beaten the defender in a marking duel in Sunday night’s match.

Teammate Brett Deledio labelled Rance’s actions as out of character and “a complete brain fade”.

Rance requested to front the media to insist the incident was a one-off that he deeply regrets and doesn’t want to define him in the eyes of the general community.

“It’s certainly something that I don’t want to be remembered for,” Rance said. “It was a really stupid, emotional act, which was completely out of character.”

“I am absolutely remorseful for what I did and very frustrated because I know I have let my teammates down and I don’t want that perception to be made about me.”

Rance said the fact what he did in an act of sheer frustration went against his good morals and his strong Christian faith.

But he pleaded for people to not judge him too harshly for his rash act, saying it will never happen again.

In doing so, he expressed his deep disappointment in himself for the incident, saying it was not acceptable, especially in a time of community anger over one-punch incidents that can prove so much more serious than what happened to Watts on Sunday night.

“I shot Jack (Watts) a text the next day ... it was just a dumb, stupid act, and I hope there is no bad blood between us, and he returned a nice text,” he said.

“It does hurt that people could think that I’m a thug when I’m so against that.

“I have had a few low points in my career but ... I haven’t been this low in a long time.”

Richmond faces Port Adelaide — another club desperate for a win — at the MCG.

Rance will also miss the under-siege Tigers’ Round 7 encounter against Hawthorn.

The AFL tribunal will not sit this week after all players accepted their match review panel sanctions, including a $1000 fine for Collingwood’s Levi Greenwood for striking Brendon Goddard on An

Good on him I say...

Puts his hand up for doing the wrong thing and doesn't try and blame any stupid reason...

Someone fronting up regarding their mistakes...

Well done...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Agree Jim, well done to Rance
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:33 pm

Brodlach wrote:Agree Jim, well done to Rance

I didn't say well done!
Not sure he had to call a press conference and make huge deal about it
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Jim05 wrote:

I didn't say well done!

Sorry, meant Jase

High profile player admitting he was wrong is good for kids to see IMO
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:High profile player admitting he was wrong is good for kids to see IMO

Accepted the early plea - that's admitting he's wrong.. don't think there was any need to make a press release about it, could've spoken up after the game to the media if it affected him that much.

Good on him apologising, but don't see the point really.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Zartan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:High profile player admitting he was wrong is good for kids to see IMO

Accepted the early plea - that's admitting he's wrong.. don't think there was any need to make a press release about it, could've spoken up after the game to the media if it affected him that much.

He feels guilty for doing something stupid and apologising made him feel better within himself. I do that all the time when i do stupid shit on the grog and feel down about it. It makes me feel better apologising and 3 days later I have forgotten all about it and then I go and do something stupid the following weekend and end up apologising for that as well. He's no orphan.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Zartan wrote:

He feels guilty for doing something stupid and apologising made him feel better within himself. I do that all the time when i do stupid shit on the grog and feel down about it. It makes me feel better apologising and 3 days later I have forgotten all about it and then I go and do something stupid the following weekend and end up apologising for that as well. He's no orphan.

"I'll never do that again" Famous. Last. Words.

By the way, how did you get in the players race afterwards, know someone who knows someone?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Zartan wrote:

"I'll never do that again" Famous. Last. Words.

By the way, how did you get in the players race afterwards, know someone who knows someone?

Players race?
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Was that you in the Geelong players race after the game on Sat night?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Booney wrote:Was that you in the Geelong players race after the game on Sat night?

Na not me. I was in the members pissed as a fart grinning like a cheshire cat
Yep
No
Bum Crack
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Jim05 wrote:

I didn't say well done!

He didn't have to do it, but he wanted to do it...good on him, not sure many AFL players would do that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby gossipgirl » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Probably time to give up the grog .... It's not rocket science :shock:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL