Save the Tigers

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Save the Tigers

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Question for Bay supporters is the club doing anything extra at the game this weekend to help with the Save The Tigers campaign?

I know the Bays v Sturt games usually draw a decent crowd.

They waved a charity bucket around at the entrance to the North game. That was all that was noticeable.

Still remember Tony Symonds walking around the boundary waving with 4 people holding the corner of a grey blanket for his testimonial. People were throwing coins over the fence as they paraded around at half time. Maybe they could do that?

I'd happily peg a few coins at that bloke!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Question for Bay supporters is the club doing anything extra at the game this weekend to help with the Save The Tigers campaign?

I know the Bays v Sturt games usually draw a decent crowd.

They waved a charity bucket around at the entrance to the North game. That was all that was noticeable.

When we arrived there was no tin rattler by the gate. During the third quarter a bloke came past us with a tin. Good to see plenty in red & white chucking some money in. Funny how in '85 & '86, I would have "snotted" the bloke, now I am digging into my pockets!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:06 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:57 pm

That's better than the other video they put out
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Would've been better still if the little tyke had said "kick some sense into the board members and then kick the ******* garbage teams out"
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:50 am

Good effort and well done to the little fella.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:37 am

WTF?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:18 am

I wonder if the State government which is quite willing to throw in $50k to help PAP with a 3 minute fireworks show is willing to match that with helping a genuine football club in need.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby JK » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Dont wanna have a crack at the Bays whilst they're down, but geez they don't help themselves much.

Group of us booked in for the Greg Ritchie lunch on 19/8 at the club, then discovered by accident today the date for the event has now become 5/8. No contact from the club to let us know or anything. They've said we can get refunds on our tickets if our group cant do the new date, so all good there, but not a great move in terms of maximising attendance/$$ for the club I wouldn't have thought.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:53 am

JK wrote:Dont wanna have a crack at the Bays whilst they're down, but geez they don't help themselves much.

Group of us booked in for the Greg Ritchie lunch on 19/8 at the club, then discovered by accident today the date for the event has now become 5/8. No contact from the club to let us know or anything. They've said we can get refunds on our tickets if our group cant do the new date, so all good there, but not a great move in terms of maximising attendance/$$ for the club I wouldn't have thought.

No contact to advise it's moved forward 2 weeks? Average.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:59 am

Average club with average board members who make very average decisions!
No wonder the Bay's will always be an average club at best!

Having said that I donated to their average club as the league wouldn't be the same without them.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby JK » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:13 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:Dont wanna have a crack at the Bays whilst they're down, but geez they don't help themselves much.

No contact to advise it's moved forward 2 weeks? Average.

Yep, and we've had to pull the pin now which is disappointing .. Like I said, not trying to pot them, apparently they are always good to deal with, I just dont understand how a gaff like his helps the club. Hopefully it's not a regular occurrence for them moving forward.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:37 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Average club with average board members who make very average decisions!
No wonder the Bay's will always be an average club at best!

Having said that I donated to their average club as the league wouldn't be the same without them.

Well at least there not dead.....yet.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:09 pm

With the news of Frankston shutting it's doors in the VFL due to financial difficulties it only highlights that all clubs in State Comps are on their own and can't expect any help from the AFL.

Any further news Bays people on how the debt demolition is coming along?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby darley16 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Replace Frankston Football Club in the below news release with South Adelaide FC, Glenelg FC, etc and there you have the future of state league football clubs. This is very concerning.

AFL Victoria terminates Frankston Dolphins’ VFL licence
Paul Amy and Christian Tatman, Frankston Standard Leader
September 26, 2016 4:48pm

THE final siren appears to have sounded on the debt-hit Frankston Football Club.

The administrator handling the VFL club’s affairs said this afternoon that AFL Victoria had terminated the Dolphins’ licence to play in the state league.

A statement from Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants said Paul Burness and Con Kokkinos were called in to a meeting with AFL Victoria this morning.

“At the meeting they were advised that the club’s licence to compete in the VFL would be terminated imminently. As a result, FFC will not be able to compete in the VFL competition into the future,’’ the statement said.

It said the decision “concludes any prospect of a club restructure and the voluntary administrators will now turn their efforts to an orderly closure through an inevitable liquidation of the club’’.

“It’s a very disappointing outcome for a club with a history dating back to 1887. The proposal to creditors, which we recommended, would have seen the club continue into the future and would have provided the best possible outcome for staff, creditors, members, and supporters,’’ Burness said.

“As a business operating in Frankston, I am acutely aware that the club’s closure will have far reaching consequences for the local community.

“I would like to thank the players, coaching staff, employees, the board, sponsors, and supporters for their help and dedication throughout this difficult period.”

The statement said it was believed that AFL Victoria had concerns about “non-financial matters such as the historical on-field performance’’.

The club went into voluntary administration four weeks ago with debts of more than $1 million.

“While we are disappointed with the decision, we were not in a position to give any assurances on matters such as the future performances of players,’’ Burness said.

“As voluntary administrators our role was limited to dealing with the financial issues facing the club.”

Dolphins coach Patrick Hill said he was shocked by the news.

He said he believed there was a will and intention for the club to work through its financial difficulties, and the players and coaching staff had committed to staying at Frankston.

“I’m stunned at the moment, having found out three minutes ago,’’ an emotional Hill said at 5.20pm.

“It’s caught me off guard. It’s caught us all off guard. We all wanted to keep going. We’re a proud club. There were people putting in some big hours trying to get something going.’’

Frankston is staging its best and fairest on Thursday night.

“I’m sure it will be a sombre occasion,’’ Hill said. “As a group of players and coaches we’ll get to enjoy each other’s company one more time before everyone goes off on their separate footy journeys. That’s football, I suppose. You don’t stay together forever. You all have your own journey. It’s just probably a little earlier than I expected. I expect it will be an emotional night on Thursday.’’

Hill added: “I feel for the players. A lot of them will be right. For some of them, it means they won’t get to play VFL footy any more. These are young men striving to be the best they can be. They’ve been incredibly loyal to me.

“They’ve turned down offers to play elsewhere, big money offers. They want to be great citizens and they want to be good sons and good footballers and all of a sudden it’s going to be ripped away from these young men. That makes me a little emotional.’’

Frankston Mayor James Dooley said the club’s demise was a “sad day for football’’.

“The Dolphins have given a legitimate avenue for rookie players who have been overlooked in the draft for acceptance into the AFL,’’ he said.

Cr Dooley said it was “too early” to say who would take over Frankston Park — home of the Dolphins.

AFL Victoria’s decision to effectively boot the Dolphins out of the competition follows a multi-million dollar redevelopment of the Kars St social club.

Leader reported in April last year that cost of the $3.4 million Frankston Dolphins Football Club redevelopment project has blown out by up to $300,000.

AFL Victoria contributed $250,000 to the project along with money from other levels of government.

Former president and Dolphins legend Alan Wickes said he and other key supporters were “absolutely gobsmacked’’ by AFL Victoria’s decision.

Wickes said he was furious members had not been given an opportunity to put their case to AFL Victoria.

He is now planning to lead a deputation of members to AFL to put the case for survival.

But he acknowledged it was a “long shot’’.

“We are a few goals down kicking into the breeze at three quarter time, but anything is possible,” he said.

Wickes said it was likely members would hold a protest if AFL Victoria did not give them a hearing.

ABC sports commentator and ex-Frankston player Paul Kennedy tonight accused the AFL of turning its back on “one of its richest and proudest footballing regions’’.

“It makes the announcement while its executive walks the red carpet in fancy suits,’’ Kennedy said.

“No Frankston in the VFL means boys and young men aspiring to be their best have no place to better themselves beyond local ranks. If the AFL was worried about Frankston then why didn’t it provide more help.

“Think about what - and who - the peninsula and Frankston have given to the great game of Aussie rules in the past 125 years. Look at the names. Then tell me this not a lazy, shallow, heartless decision. And the responsibility for this axing lies not only with the branch-level AFL Victoria. It is with the AFL’s boss and his advisors.’

The administrator said on Saturday that the future of the club would be decided at a meeting on October 3.

Worrells Solvency and Forensic Accountants said it had finalised its report of the Dollies’ finances and through the Frankston board would present an offer to creditors.

If they accepted the club would survive and employees, coaching staff and players would receive the money they were owed.

Under the proposal, payments to the creditors would have been made over four years.

Burness said Frankston Council had indicated it was willing to give the club rent relief should it continue.

In light of AFL Victoria’s decision the administrators said they would now tell creditors and stakeholders that a liquidation of the club was inevitable.

The liquidation is expected to be confirmed at the meeting on Monday, October 3.

Leader sent AFL Victoria spokesman Anthony Stanguts questions relating to the Dolphins this morning. Stanguts has yet to respond.

Three former Frankston players — Luke Beveridge (coach), Matt Boyd and Tory Dickson — are involved in the Western Bulldogs’ grand final team.
Frankston Dolphins members and supporters packed a meeting held by administrators to discuss the financially stricken club's future.
The meat that doesn't discriminate
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:37 pm

darley16 wrote:Replace Frankston Football Club in the below news release with South Adelaide FC, Glenelg FC, etc and there you have the future of state league football clubs. This is very concerning.

AFL Victoria terminates Frankston Dolphins’ VFL licence
Paul Amy and Christian Tatman, Frankston Standard Leader
September 26, 2016 4:48pm
[...]
Three former Frankston players — Luke Beveridge (coach), Matt Boyd and Tory Dickson — are involved in the Western Bulldogs’ grand final team.
Frankston Dolphins members and supporters packed a meeting held by administrators to discuss the financially stricken club's future.
The meat that doesn't discriminate

??? :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby darley16 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Sorry about that Pseudo don't know what the relates to, my bad copy and paste. Funny though.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:13 pm

..my mail is that there are 5 SANFL clubs in financial strife.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby heater31 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:21 pm

blueandwhite wrote:..my mail is that there are 5 SANFL clubs in financial strife.

Only 5 :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:38 pm

blueandwhite wrote:..my mail is that there are 5 SANFL clubs in financial strife.

Which 5 clubs?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL