I was stoned.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Re: Womens Teams Announced

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:Think Gil said there would be 4-6 new teams entering within 2 years depending on how it goes

Just found this from the AFL

The other AFL club applicants, Richmond, Geelong, North Melbourne and St Kilda, along with the Eagles, have been granted provisional licences to be part of an expanded women's league in 2018, depending on development of the game in their areas.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby carey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Total waste of time and money.

Funds would be fair better used saving grassroots clubs and grassroots competitions, where plenty of Comps are currently on there knees.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:15 pm

carey wrote:Total waste of time and money.

Funds would be fair better used saving grassroots clubs and grassroots competitions, where plenty of Comps are currently on there knees.

Yes they should just stay in the kitchen, it's just crazy they can vote as well...... I thought dinosaurs were extinct !
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:34 pm

gossipgirl wrote:

Yes they should just stay in the kitchen, it's just crazy they can vote as well...... I thought dinosaurs were extinct !

No one is saying that but why should they be funded by the AFL?
If they can survive on their own good luck to them
Jim05
Coach

Postby carey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 pm

gossipgirl wrote:

Yep that exactly what I said that isn't it :roll:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:48 pm

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of this comment, too many grassroots clubs would spend money on buying a premiership rather than using it for its intention
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:49 pm

Understand what you're saying Carey, but frankly the AFL doesn't care about grass roots footy expect for implementing Auskick clinics.

The AFL is a business, it's aim is to make money - grass roots won't make money for it, but investing in untapped markets and demopgraphics will.

Womens footy will open the door to a new range of sponsors, supporters, members etc etc.. Like it or not it's here to stay.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of this comment, too many grassroots clubs would spend money on buying a premiership rather than using it for its intention

Although what Zartan said is right, unfortunately the AFL is a business and it now doesn't give a rats tossbag about the Grassroots level I would like to see some of the money being poured into Womens Football being spent on upgrading/redeveloping Grassroots clubs facilities instead of giving it straight to clubs where they can, as you say buy a premiership.

And the AFL have to look as far as the Glenelg Football Club to see a club on it's knees financially. If circumstances get really bad for the Bays I hope the AFL decide to help them. They simply cannot let a club that has successfully survived for 95 years and provided the AFL with many good footballers over the years (and this goes for any club that could find themselves in that position) wither away while pouring money into Womens football.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Brisbane Lions losing millions a year and so far in debt it isn't funny yet they now get a Women's side aswell[emoji35]
Jim05
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:19 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Although what Zartan said is right, unfortunately the AFL is a business and it now doesn't give a rats tossbag about the Grassroots level I would like to see some of the money being poured into Womens Football being spent on upgrading/redeveloping Grassroots clubs facilities instead of giving it straight to clubs where they can, as you say buy a premiership.

And the AFL have to look as far as the Glenelg Football Club to see a club on it's knees financially. If circumstances get really bad for the Bays I hope the AFL decide to help them. They simply cannot let a club that has successfully survived for 95 years and provided the AFL with many good footballers over the years (and this goes for any club that could find themselves in that position) wither away while pouring money into Womens football.

If the money was used only on facilities I would be 100% behind it especially as a lot of clubs are becoming more of family social clubs
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:Brisbane Lions losing millions a year and so far in debt it isn't funny yet they now get a Women's side aswell[emoji35]

Yeah can't fathom that.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:22 am

Jim05 wrote:Brisbane Lions losing millions a year and so far in debt it isn't funny yet they now get a Women's side aswell[emoji35]

Could recoup some money back through calendar's.

I'll shut the door on my way out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Fricky » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The AFL wanted a women's team in each state. They are pumping money into both sides and since they are basically paying for everything at the Suns maybe Brisbane was the cheaper option for them.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:45 am

Suri wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The AFL wanted a women's team in each state. They are pumping money into both sides and since they are basically paying for everything at the Suns maybe Brisbane was the cheaper option for them.

The Suns didn't even bother to put a submission in.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:54 am

I think a potential issue is the feminazi's that will make this new comp too politically correct. I heard a bird on talk back last week saying that men shouldn't have any place in the involvement in coaching and support staff because there will be perverts in the change rooms. I've heard small snipets over the past couple years of other clueless idiots saying similar things at grassroots level too. Just let the girls play for god sake there is things in place already. Hopefully this generates more coin and funding so we can have a proper reserves comp too at AFL level.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:57 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I think a potential issue is the feminazi's that will make this new comp too politically correct. I heard a bird on talk back last week saying that men shouldn't have any place in the involvement in coaching and support staff because there will be perverts in the change rooms. I've heard small snipets over the past couple years of other clueless idiots saying similar things at grassroots level too. Just let the girls play for god sake there is things in place already. Hopefully this generates more coin and funding so we can have a proper reserves comp too at AFL level.

I've been involved in women's footy for near 10 years, there are mainly male coaches and mainly male umpires, quite often while umpiring our change rooms are attached to the home teams change room and there have never been any awkward moments.

The team managers bring the team sheets into the umpires rooms and if you need to take a slash before you go out the coach is usually addressing the players 10 minutes prior to the game.

There is very little need for umpires or officials to be around the change rooms during the times that the women need to be getting changed either before or after the game, mind you, there are some women who just walk around the changerooms in the nick for quite some time with no care of who is around.

If someone is going to tarnish their credibility by being a pervert I'd be astonished, it's no different to women trainers or male nurses.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL