PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:51 pm

moriachi wrote:I gotta say having played in independent central and churches comps for many years Para Districts has so far proven to be far less volatile although it might have something to do with the teams i have/havent played against. Thoughts #Zartan?

Cant say i've ever had many issues in either comp?

I found the lower grades of PDCA (3/4) to have some more "colorful" characters - Adam Watson from North Pines (then Paralowie/Rose Park now Parafield Gardens) to be an interesting opponent, along with the NP side.. SN was another i found interesting lol.

C&CCA apart from a couple of people, i've found to be a pretty friendly/relaxed atmosphere given it's a lot smaller and everyone knows each other.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3195 times
Been liked: 4016 times

Postby moriachi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:00 pm

PDCA lets you sit under whatever tree you want and score from wherever you want. :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:
moriachi

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:01 pm

moriachi wrote:PDCA lets you sit under whatever tree you want and score from wherever you want. :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

And i used to be allowed to drink scotch/beer all day in PDCA :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dancing in the rain » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Zartan wrote:
moriachi wrote:PDCA lets you sit under whatever tree you want and score from wherever you want. :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

And i used to be allowed to drink scotch/beer all day in PDCA :D

Glory days
Dancing in the rain
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:57 am

whufc wrote:Got to say and I hope it doesn't offend to many and I wasn't at the game on the weekend but I reckon i have played 3 seasons against Smithfield in the last 5 years and while the club has turned around the footy extremely well the cricket leaves a lot to be desired.

In the last five years I've played for two different clubs against them and have had two games which have been called off earlier than they should have because of behaviour issues.

In saying that the guys we had issues with no longer play I'm pretty certain

Sorry mate but I call bullshit, getting called off is a bit extreme, I would've heard about that happening from either the players or the PDCA committee telling me to go and sort them out. The relationship between Smithfield and Eastern Park has been pretty good since about 2005, not so good between Smithfield and ATCO though, both clubs have their lippy players,

I'm the last one to stick up for Smithfield if their being dickheads, I tell them to wind their necks in if they post dumb shit on facebook.

There is one hot head that you probably did play against who had a short fuse and he had a couple of others that were not worth having around, they have been moved on.

There's some clubs that mix together like oil and water, North Pines and One Tree Hill seem to clash with Smithfield along with Rosie's for a long time, there was a bit of a dirty game a couple of years ago between Rosies and Smithfield and it was the Smithfield players fault, I had Rosies call me up to go and try to settle him down.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7936 times

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Got to say and I hope it doesn't offend to many and I wasn't at the game on the weekend but I reckon i have played 3 seasons against Smithfield in the last 5 years and while the club has turned around the footy extremely well the cricket leaves a lot to be desired.

In the last five years I've played for two different clubs against them and have had two games which have been called off earlier than they should have because of behaviour issues.

In saying that the guys we had issues with no longer play I'm pretty certain

Sorry mate but I call bullshit, getting called off is a bit extreme, I would've heard about that happening from either the players or the PDCA committee telling me to go and sort them out. The relationship between Smithfield and Eastern Park has been pretty good since about 2005, not so good between Smithfield and ATCO though, both clubs have their lippy players,

I'm the last one to stick up for Smithfield if their being dickheads, I tell them to wind their necks in if they post dumb shit on facebook.

There is one hot head that you probably did play against who had a short fuse and he had a couple of others that were not worth having around, they have been moved on.

There's some clubs that mix together like oil and water, North Pines and One Tree Hill seem to clash with Smithfield along with Rosie's for a long time, there was a bit of a dirty game a couple of years ago between Rosies and Smithfield and it was the Smithfield players fault, I had Rosies call me up to go and try to settle him down.

Against Eastern Park with Super we won first innings and went out for second innings bat.

Banksy was running a second run and only just made it but he and the keeper Wellington stumbled into one another, Wellingtin wasn't happy about the collision and picked up the stump and threatened to kill Banksy with it, we packed up and left, no official umpire and no reports came out of it.

Playing for Atco the against Smithfield, We were chasing a bigish score with only one wicket left, there was a run out chance to which out square leg didn't give it, the Smithfield players protested including physically pushing the square leg umpire, I was scoring with Shiela to which she yelled out 'get on with the game' to which a drunken spectator, father of an EP footballer and now Smithfield cricketer started to abuse me telling me to shut my dog up or else he would etc. We lost the last wicket with 15-20 overs to go but Coxy the umpire decided it was even ones best interest to not play the remaining overs despite both teams wanting to

Here is the scoreboard from the EP (note the missing 40 or so overs)
http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/ ... hID=943452 &entityID=1988

Just double checked and we did go out a field for 8 overs but we fielded with 9 players because the square leg umpire and the batsmen who was given not out would not go out and field and went home after they were pushed, abused, grabbed etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5599 times
Been liked: 2533 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:43 am

whufc wrote:
Against Eastern Park with Super we won first innings and went out for second innings bat.

Banksy was running a second run and only just made it but he and the keeper Wellington stumbled into one another, Wellingtin wasn't happy about the collision and picked up the stump and threatened to kill Banksy with it, we packed up and left, no official umpire and no reports came out of it.

Playing for Atco the against Smithfield, We were chasing a bigish score with only one wicket left, there was a run out chance to which out square leg didn't give it, the Smithfield players protested including physically pushing the square leg umpire, I was scoring with Shiela to which she yelled out 'get on with the game' to which a drunken spectator, father of an EP footballer and now Smithfield cricketer started to abuse me telling me to shut my dog up or else he would etc. We lost the last wicket with 15-20 overs to go but Coxy the umpire decided it was even ones best interest to not play the remaining overs despite both teams wanting to

Young Wellington? He would've been about 17 when Super was at Eastern Park, and I've never heard of him keeping, but I'll take your word for it seeing that you were there, I'm sure Banksy would've played no part in it LOL.

I did hear about the run out thingy, in fact I may have been there, I was if Darren Ireland was playing for you guys that day. Knappy is the only person I can think of with the description you've given and he couldn't hurt a fly, love her or hater her, Shiela is never short of a word and has worn rose coloured glasses for as long as ATCO has been around.

Either way, there's no need for push and shove and players should just play by the rules if you have to umpire, I used to drop players if they didn't walk for an edge, it's not fair putting your team mate under pressure.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:48 am

Wow, that was 6 years ago, my deceased step son played that game.

Yeah, no surprises there if Ken Wellington was the keeper, held a PDCA suspension record for quite some time in his younger Para Cheater days.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:03 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Wow, that was 6 years ago, my deceased step son played that game.

Yeah, no surprises there if Ken Wellington was the keeper, held a PDCA suspension record for quite some time in his younger Para Cheater days.

Yeah that was a while ago, but like I said there was also the Atco incident which I think did go to a tribunal

All I'm saying is that every team have banter but they have been the quickest to want to escalate it to violence

Even had ur bro threaten to beat my helmet into my skull three years ago coz I didn't walk with a proper umpire.

Stopped the game while he stood there and went ape shit on me
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:17 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Wow, that was 6 years ago, my deceased step son played that game.

Yeah that was a while ago, but like I said there was also the Atco incident which I think did go to a tribunal

All I'm saying is that every team have banter but they have been the quickest to want to escalate it to violence

Even had ur bro threaten to beat my helmet into my skull three years ago coz I didn't walk with a proper umpire.

Stopped the game while he stood there and went ape shit on me

Ack, he does that to me for eating the last wicked wing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:36 am

Nothing happened in that game - whufc only wanted to share the scorecard because he top scored :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:39 am

Zartan wrote:Nothing happened in that game - whufc only wanted to share the scorecard because he top scored :lol:

#standard
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:42 am

Zartan wrote:Nothing happened in that game - whufc only wanted to share the scorecard because he top scored :lol:

I forgot I top scored in that game lol

Probably is the only reason I remember that game plus Super became captain number 2 in that game and batted at 10.

Not many premiership sides would have had 4 captains throughout the year lol
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:50 am

It was the first thing I checked out LOL
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:59 am

Women's cricket providing role models:

http://www.playfordnews.com/single-post ... ture-stars
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Real Number 3 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Smithfield vs Parafield Gardens in Grade 3.

PG had a player who's sledging was way overboard, the game got very heated at times, they sent out an old fella to umpire that wasn't part of the game and blatantly cheated with a couple of caught behinds, a Gardens player went nuts at his team mate for giving him out when there was a clear edge (to which he admitted later that he should've just walked).
Then a Gardens player got struck in the head not wearing a lid and they lost a heap of time, it was pretty scary apparently.
By all reports PG had a similar game the round before, but given the icy relationship between the two clubs over the past 18 months it was always going to be a bit lively.
There was no umpire for day one on the weekend but one will be sent out for this week.

Being involved at Smithfield for a long time and knowing who's there, they can get pretty chirpy and usually more at each other for a laugh, it's probably not the wisest thing to get personal to them and start bringing geographics and stereotypes into it, you will come off second best.

lol that is 100% bullcrap.

old bloke from smithfield carrying on from the start of play. our bloke was merely celebrating himself taking wickets. never once did he give a send off. I admittedly left at 5 because of prior arrangements so I missed the bloke getting hit.

im an honest bloke... in regards to the sledging, it was 2 teams from the north having a red hot crack. no punches were thrown, play on
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Cricket Tragic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:39 pm

100% bullcrap ????? Wtf ????
when a team blatantly cheats the opposition out of a wicket that they rightfully earned it's no wonder things get heated ..... obviously the term "Spirit of Cricket" doesn't exist at PGCC .....

Here's a tip .... don't complain about the heat when you're responsible for lighting the fuse !
Cricket Tragic
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Real Number 3 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Cricket Tragic wrote:100% bullcrap ????? Wtf ????
when a team blatantly cheats the opposition out of a wicket that they rightfully earned it's no wonder things get heated ..... obviously the term "Spirit of Cricket" doesn't exist at PGCC .....

Here's a tip .... don't complain about the heat when you're responsible for lighting the fuse !

turn it up. how is a team responsible for an umpires call? i'll wait for your answer
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Cricket Tragic » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Whatevs , Karma sorted it out , no tolerance for cheating.
Cricket Tragic
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:47 am

Cricket Tragic wrote:Whatevs , Karma sorted it out , no tolerance for cheating.

Did someone nick one and not walk, that really gets on smithfields nerves even with a proper umpire
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps