1%
Tea Tree Gully
8%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9AFL Division 1 - 2017

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Throwing the line out there.

If he does, it will be a big loss to the tigers.

You think they might lure him back?

How would you rate him?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:59 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:How would you rate him?

By his tackle.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 am

Quality LM :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby sinister23 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:i get the impression Jacob Fisher wants to play at Modbury this season.. :lol: :lol:

Broadview Modbury Fisher, Jacob Pending 2016-11-29
Broadview Modbury Fisher, Jacob Denied 2016-11-02 2016-11-03
Broadview Modbury Fisher, Jacob Denied 2016-11-09 2016-11-10
Broadview Modbury Fisher, Jacob Denied 2016-11-12 2016-11-12
Broadview Modbury Fisher, Jacob Denied 2016-11-13 2016-11-14
Broadview Modbury Fisher, Jacob Denied 2016-11-14 2016-11-17
Broadview Modbury Fisher, Jacob Denied 2016-11-20 2016-11-20

Throwing the line out there.

If he does, it will be a big loss to the tigers.

I think the big man might struggle a bit in this division. Being remunerated quite well I believe too for only having one standout year. Probably a blessing for Broadview with the coin he's asking for.
sinister23
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:38 pm

sinister23 wrote:I think the big man might struggle a bit in this division. Being remunerated quite well I believe too for only having one standout year. Probably a blessing for Broadview with the coin he's asking for.

I've heard he's MIA anyway - trained once with Modbury and gone walk abouts!

Does he think he's that good he doesn't need pre-season work under the belt!?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 am

Zartan wrote:
sinister23 wrote:I think the big man might struggle a bit in this division. Being remunerated quite well I believe too for only having one standout year. Probably a blessing for Broadview with the coin he's asking for.

I've heard he's MIA anyway - trained once with Modbury and gone walk abouts!

Does he think he's that good he doesn't need pre-season work under the belt!?

There's a lot of players who have that attitude and clubs continue to name them above those that do the hard yards. Especially if that club struggles to win games (if they don't play these type of blokes). Do you remember the quote, "No Train No Game?". Rarely gets followed through.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Robran » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Just something I heard yesterday at work but I'm hearing Salisbury nth are in a bit of trouble. Apparently couple of there recruits have left already as not happy with numbers on the track. More than likely just gossip but the source that told me his wife was the recently appointed head trainer there and she has already left As her son was one of the new recruits and his gone back to Kilburn. For the hawks sake hope it all works out..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:32 am

No Jason Sandercock no Salisbury North
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby SATCHEL » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:09 am

Robran wrote:Just something I heard yesterday at work but I'm hearing Salisbury nth are in a bit of trouble. Apparently couple of there recruits have left already as not happy with numbers on the track. More than likely just gossip but the source that told me his wife was the recently appointed head trainer there and she has already left As her son was one of the new recruits and his gone back to Kilburn. For the hawks sake hope it all works out..

Heard the same early last week so it must be gaining some traction. Like you mate i hope its not the case. Div 1 is much stronger with SN in it. The same with any grade. If as a club you have committed to filling a side/s and to have the types of numbers i'm hearing, its pretty disappointing for SN coaches and committee. Hopefully they can regroup ad do it quickly. Not much time left. I know the usual rumor and innuendo will come out as to why but there's a lot of good people out there and a friend is out there so i hope they can get it all sorted. And that's IF it is 100% true. Haven't spoken to him yet.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:02 am

SATCHEL wrote:
Robran wrote:Just something I heard yesterday at work but I'm hearing Salisbury nth are in a bit of trouble. Apparently couple of there recruits have left already as not happy with numbers on the track. More than likely just gossip but the source that told me his wife was the recently appointed head trainer there and she has already left As her son was one of the new recruits and his gone back to Kilburn. For the hawks sake hope it all works out..

Heard the same early last week so it must be gaining some traction. Like you mate i hope its not the case. Div 1 is much stronger with SN in it. The same with any grade. If as a club you have committed to filling a side/s and to have the types of numbers i'm hearing, its pretty disappointing for SN coaches and committee. Hopefully they can regroup ad do it quickly. Not much time left. I know the usual rumor and innuendo will come out as to why but there's a lot of good people out there and a friend is out there so i hope they can get it all sorted. And that's IF it is 100% true. Haven't spoken to him yet.

I heard they had 9 players at training last Tuesday night, which includes the lad who has pulled the pin and going back to Kilburn.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Pag » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:08 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:

I heard they had 9 players at training last Tuesday night, which includes the lad who has pulled the pin and going back to Kilburn.

Wasn't the only one. Howden back to North Haven as well I'm hearing.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Pag wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:

Wasn't the only one. Howden back to North Haven as well I'm hearing.

Yes to my surprise Jack trained with us on Thursday. I was talking to him about this, he said they have barely anyone on the track as blokes have either left or are not interested in playing. From the outside and not knowing much about SN it seems a bit bizarre that this can just happen all of a sudden as I've always considered them to be a strong, healthy club.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby jo172 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Maybe the rumours re the CFL have some teeth?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby bird of prey » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:54 pm

jo172 wrote:Maybe the rumours re the CFL have some teeth?

Not sure if there is any connection or not, but I got word from a couple of paid staff members in the club, that they were asked to work shifts without getting paid (the club would owe them and pay them later) due to financial struggles.

Pretty surprising to hear this about SN, as they have always been the most financial club in the league.

If this is true, then could this be linked as to why players are leaving?

Not saying this is true (although the staff being asked to not be paid is pretty accurate), but it's all very interesting.....
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm

bird of prey wrote:

Not sure if there is any connection or not, but I got word from a couple of paid staff members in the club, that they were asked to work shifts without getting paid (the club would owe them and pay them later) due to financial struggles.

Pretty surprising to hear this about SN, as they have always been the most financial club in the league.

Not saying this is true (although the staff being asked to not be paid is pretty accurate), but it's all very interesting.....

Big worry considering we are only 6 weeks out from the start of the season. Their best players last year were Stengle, Morgante, Solly, Sharpe, Clinch, Drainer, Evans and Hay. I'm not seeing any of these guys being cleared away. Plenty of talent to build a team around....if they stay!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby bird of prey » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

Big worry considering we are only 6 weeks out from the start of the season. Their best players last year were Stengle, Morgante, Solly, Sharpe, Clinch, Drainer, Evans and Hay. I'm not seeing any of these guys being cleared away. Plenty of talent to build a team around....if they stay!

I'd be surprised if any on that list leave to be honest. Was only chatting with Hay just before xmas, and I don't think he's going anywhere. He would be getting frustrated if the numbers on the track are low though, as he did mention to me that he gets frustrated if standards aren't high and people don't take it seriously.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby B-Train35 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:

I was at Salisbury North last tuesday watching training,all true.Didnt look good.
B-Train35
Mini-League

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby bird of prey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:22 pm

B-Train35 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
SATCHEL wrote:

I was at Salisbury North last tuesday watching training,all true.Didnt look good.

Were any of those key names mentioned above out there (hay, etc)?
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby Arch44 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:21 am

Close to 30 on the track there last night.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby the joker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:42 am

bird of prey wrote:

thats completely untrue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League