30%
Salisbury
5%
Smithfield
2%

Total votes : 88

Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Welcome to Morphie Parks ( I believe all your friends call you the twisties ;) )

Kilburn and Gepps come down and Heccies and Smiffies come up.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Postby scottroo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:54 pm

CLGFC preseason kicks off November 7 @ Hamilton high school.

One night a week until the 12th of December.

New players very welcome.

Any questions please phone football director Scott Hooper 0438813306
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:06 am

Will be two very tasty derbies between EP and Smithfield.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby BZB27 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:25 am

whufc wrote:Will be two very tasty derbies between EP and Smithfield.

When was the last time they met in the a grade?
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:29 am

BZB27 wrote:

Only guessing but i feel like they may never have crossed paths in the SAAFL era, if i remember correctly Smithfield started the amateur league in a higher division but it seems like they haven't crossed paths with one another.

EP have seemed to skip their northern suburbs rivals a fair bit, i cant remember the last time they played Smithfield or Elizabeth, in the early days and lower divs they had a fair few years with Central United.

I could be wrong though, just working off a shit memory.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Yank Man » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:31 am

whufc wrote:
BZB27 wrote:

Only guessing but i feel like they may never have crossed paths in the SAAFL era, if i remember correctly Smithfield started the amateur league in a higher division but it seems like they haven't crossed paths with one another.

EP have seemed to skip their northern suburbs rivals a fair bit, i cant remember the last time they played Smithfield or Elizabeth, in the early days and lower divs they had a fair few years with Central United.

I could be wrong though, just working off a shit memory.

1998 in Div 5 they played against each other. Eastern Park beat Mitcham in the grand final at Hectorville. :D
Last edited by Yank Man on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby SATCHEL » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:29 am

scottroo wrote:CLGFC preseason kicks off November 7 @ Hamilton high school.

One night a week until the 12th of December.

New players very welcome.

Any questions please phone football director Scott Hooper 0438813306

Jackson Hooper from Bridgies sounds like a good new recruit for you guys!
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Yank Man » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:58 pm

There is a couple of other local southern derbies too, Towns v Morphy Park who have played each other in SFL and CLG v Morphy Park. Not sure if CLG has gone toe to toe with Morphy Park but Scottroo will be able to give us the clues. The rest of the games are travels. :(
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Broken Down Hack » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Yank Man wrote:There is a couple of other local southern derbies too, Towns v Morphy Park who have played each other in SFL and CLG v Morphy Park. Not sure if CLG has gone toe to toe with Morphy Park but Scottroo will be able to give us the clues. The rest of the games are travels. :(

Morphy Parks last played CLG back in 1979 in A grade in the old Glenelg South League before CLG moved to the SAAFL in 1984
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:35 am

Hope the Morphie Park boys don't forget to change currencies on some of those waterbag trips next year :)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby scottroo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:41 am

I guess the saafl could put all southern area teams in one division but the results would be very lopsided. Hang on a second, that sounds allot like the sfl. Dutchy the sfl is getting weaker and weaker each year. I saw the grand final and both teams would struggle in division 2
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:43 am

That's the beauty of our leauge, it will change from year to year. In 2016, the Southern clubs had it pretty good, with half the clubs pretty much within a 5km radius of each other. Can't have it good every year ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Down the Hill » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:13 am

scottroo wrote:I guess the saafl could put all southern area teams in one division but the results would be very lopsided. Hang on a second, that sounds allot like the sfl. Dutchy the sfl is getting weaker and weaker each year. I saw the grand final and both teams would struggle in division 2

Conditions on GF day were pretty average Scottroo so hardly a true reflection of the overall standard. And GF footy right up to the AFL is rarely a game for the highlights reel. If I watched the Div 3 GF, noting the final scores, then I could be saying the same about how those teams would struggle in the SFL.

It will be interesting to see how Morphy Parks go in Div 4. Their best over the last 2 seasons is probably better than Townies of 2015 & 2016 and they have a massive home ground advantage. But they need to add to their depth because some big losses this year were on the back of some key player injuries.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Broken Down Hack » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:Hope the Morphie Park boys don't forget to change currencies on some of those waterbag trips next year :)

Thanks for your concern Dutchy we will be fine, I don't think the extra 5/10 minute travel time will bother us. no big deal, looking forward to the Bushpigs joining us in the C9AFL in 2018/19 from what im hearing and that came from a pretty loyal official from the Pigpen,..... Would be a good fit for the Bushpigs with the 120 odd 14/16's you currently have in a couple off years you could field four senior sides on a Saturday, Home games every week, Up to 10 Junior sides on a Sunday.... can't fit that many kids into one 18's side .....
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby TIRED TIGER » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:39 am

See Eastern Parks grand final indiscretion has cost them 4 home games and a couple of grand.must be running out of chances to stay in the league???
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:48 am

Down the Hill wrote:
scottroo wrote:I guess the saafl could put all southern area teams in one division but the results would be very lopsided. Hang on a second, that sounds allot like the sfl. Dutchy the sfl is getting weaker and weaker each year. I saw the grand final and both teams would struggle in division 2

Conditions on GF day were pretty average Scottroo so hardly a true reflection of the overall standard. And GF footy right up to the AFL is rarely a game for the highlights reel. If I watched the Div 3 GF, noting the final scores, then I could be saying the same about how those teams would struggle in the SFL.

It will be interesting to see how Morphy Parks go in Div 4. Their best over the last 2 seasons is probably better than Townies of 2015 & 2016 and they have a massive home ground advantage. But they need to add to their depth because some big losses this year were on the back of some key player injuries.

Well said DTH, the GF wasn't a great footy spectacle, but 4,500 still turned up to it, the SFL has its issues but still has some very strong clubs and the comp had 6 genuine flag hopes going into the finals. Some of the finals in the first 3 weeks were very high quality.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:51 am

Morphy Parks "oval" is one of the worst I've ever played on. Medium strip shaped like a pasty, and there's a big tree hanging over the the north western pocket.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:52 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Hope the Morphie Park boys don't forget to change currencies on some of those waterbag trips next year :)

Thanks for your concern Dutchy we will be fine, I don't think the extra 5/10 minute travel time will bother us. no big deal, looking forward to the Bushpigs joining us in the C9AFL in 2018/19 from what im hearing and that came from a pretty loyal official from the Pigpen,..... Would be a good fit for the Bushpigs with the 120 odd 14/16's you currently have in a couple off years you could field four senior sides on a Saturday, Home games every week, Up to 10 Junior sides on a Sunday.... can't fit that many kids into one 18's side .....

SAAFL is a perfect fit for you due to your lack of interest in juniors, I'm surprised it has taken this long for you to move to be honest. Who knows what the future holds for the SFL clubs, like yourselves you make the decision based on whats best for your club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Wazz17 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:07 pm

TIRED TIGER wrote:See Eastern Parks grand final indiscretion has cost them 4 home games and a couple of grand.must be running out of chances to stay in the league???

As a EPFC member for 30+ years I have never been more disappointed and disgusted in the downright stupidity of some of the morons who call themselves supporters of our club. I know for fact some were not members but others were and I cannot fathom why they can't get it through their thick heads that such irresponsible behavior will be the downfall of EPFC. I also understand the EPFC executive had acted swiftly and those involved have been dealt with severely and so they should be. I hope he Ch9AFL sanctions are well documented to the members and all involved take heed of this.

A couple of things that I am not impressed about is that I have not heard whether WOS were questioned about their involvement with at least one of the issues involved the instigator wasn't from EPFC. Then there was a raft of letters to the league from WOS supporters bemoaning how EPFC players were too rough and our supporters were yelling too loudly and singing out "demons, demons". Apparently they feared for their lives yet were quite happy to give it back as loudly as derogatory as opposition clubs do. I attended both home and away games and both final games and from my perspective there was as much give as there was take from both parties. Isn't that what you do at the footy. Give me me strength people! I will be from now on attending games with my blankey, fold up card table, scones and thermos of tea. I will ensure I will be wearing gloves so when I clap ever so lightly for my side it will not hurt the eardrums of any opposition supporters that may have past scholars playing.
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby zedman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:46 am

that was a short retirement!

great catch wrote:An pasky to be coached by David Thompson, quino to be with him and webber and garner signing also

true or false?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League