6%
Mawson Lakes
No votes
Salisbury West
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Postby oldman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:42 am

Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

Ill say it again times have changed let it go people
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby ramming23 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:40 am

oldman wrote:Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

It's about respect. Times may change but some traditions should never die and I'm strong on having blokes come in for a beer after the game. It's not that hard to come in and have one beer or a Coke and chat about footy.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby oldman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:58 am

ramming23 wrote:
oldman wrote:Why do people care if players come in for a beer after the game? Times have changed and those days are far and few between. Especially when you have to get in the car and drive 30 odd minutes back to your own club I think the fact that players aren't having a couple of quick beers after running around for 2 hours then getting behind the wheel of a car is probably smart.

It's about respect. Times may change but some traditions should never die and I'm strong on having blokes come in for a beer after the game. It's not that hard to come in and have one beer or a Coke and chat about footy.

Respect is shown at the end of the game by shaking hands. Why on earth would one want to go have a beer with someone who has been running around throwing elbows and punching you in the back of the head or the guts all day seriously makes no sense. It's not the 1980s or even the 1990s anymore. Some clubs struggle to get their own players back to the club after playing away let alone worrying if they went into the opposition club to score respect.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:16 am

oldman wrote:
ramming23 wrote:

Respect is shown at the end of the game by shaking hands. Why on earth would one want to go have a beer with someone who has been running around throwing elbows and punching you in the back of the head or the guts all day seriously makes no sense. It's not the 1980s or even the 1990s anymore. Some clubs struggle to get their own players back to the club after playing away let alone worrying if they went into the opposition club to score respect.

You're right, its not the 80s anymore, so why are people running around throwing elbows and punching people in the back of the head or guts all day? Very odd that that's how you would describe a game of football.

Times are changing though, and the beer in the opposition clubrooms after will unfortunately die out once the current veterans retire.. Younger generation dont seem interested in doing it, which is a shame
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:10 am

I don't care if people go into clubs after a game.. but i like to for two reasons -
1) I'm an alco
2) I like to compare prices :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:17 am

Zartan wrote:I don't care if people go into clubs after a game.. but i like to for two reasons -
1) I'm an alco

I'll throw in that I like looking at their boards and photo's too so I can see who used to play for them.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:30 am

I actually think it died off in the late 90s, early 2000s but in the last 4-5 years has made a resurgence, for the better IMO.

Like LM I like having a look at honour boards, old photos and the way different clubs do things.
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:42 am

Totally agree oldman. It's a redundant tradition and everyone really ought to get over it.

I personally haven't done it for years unless I know someone personally.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:44 am

A Grade Ladder from the bye round

Elizabeth 7W 1L
Trinity 7W 1L
Ingle Farm 6W 2L
Pulteney 5W 3L
Brahma Lodge 5W 3L
Salisbury West 4W 4L
Mason Lakes 2W 6L
West Croydon 2W 6L
Fitzroy 1W 7L
Houghton 0W 8L

Elizabeth & Trinity heading into the upcoming finals in very good form.

Two big games to finish the minor round as well as deciding the 1st week of the finals.

Pulteney VS Trinity

Elizabeth VS Brahma Lodge
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:50 am

Speaking of going into clubs after games.. my Facebook tells me on this day in 2010 was when Mitchell Park came back from 10 goals down to beat Ingle Farm.. one of the Mitchell Parks lads stuck around drinking so long after the game that he got given the BOG award at preso :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:52 am

Hahahah who was that?
morell
Coach

Postby old farmer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:04 pm

morell wrote:Hahahah who was that?

Well it wouldn't have been you. :roll:
Does not surprise me that the 2 people that don't get the idea of going into the opposition club after the game to be social are Oldman and Morell. 1 doesn't have a clubroom and the other one doesn't have friends ;)
I will continue to go into opposition clubs after games because after competing with them all day, i find it enjoyable to have a beer before heading home and having a chat about the day. But each to their own. Got to say Brahma and Salisbury West do it well, and i hope the other clubs enjoy our jugs we throw on too. :partyman:
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:I don't care if people go into clubs after a game.. but i like to for two reasons -
1) I'm an alco

I'll throw in that I like looking at their boards and photo's too so I can see who used to play for them.

Best part of going to another club, I reckon.
Heck, I love going into clubrooms at any time to look at this stuff.
Sometimes you can also get ideas for things to do with your club.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Ah no idea to be honest haha! Was 7yrs ago my memory is poor as it is lol
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:13 pm

old farmer wrote:

Well it wouldn't have been you. :roll:
Does not surprise me that the 2 people that don't get the idea of going into the opposition club after the game to be social are Oldman and Morell. 1 doesn't have a clubroom and the other one doesn't have friends ;)
I will continue to go into opposition clubs after games because after competing with them all day, i find it enjoyable to have a beer before heading home and having a chat about the day. But each to their own. got to say Brahma and Salisbury West do it well, and i hope the other clubs enjoy our jugs we throw on too. :partyman:
Not wanting to go into clubrooms is actually a response from being too social if anything. There is always a birthday or event or some other family or friend commitment that takes precedence. Gone are the days where all your mates play footy in the winter and cricket in the summer and that is it. Half of my social circle wouldn't be able to pick a sherrin from a spalding from a kookaburra and can never understand why I can't get to their events on time or at all.

So it does not surprise me that all the people that want to cling to a bygone tradition are old fart bar flies whose very identity and existence is entirely wrapped up in a yeast drink and the lack of people skills that it enables them to cover.
morell
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Zartan wrote:
cossi11 wrote:We would have loved the Pulteney guys to hang around for a beer too even though we lost but i am not sure one of them came into the club after the game, was the most empty i have seen the club after a game all season.

Must've been their "Brahma Lodge" impersonation :P None of your blokes came into our club Rd 10. ;)

If you think it was the most empty you've seen, should've seen it after we beat your B grade in the prelim the other season - I made all our guys go inside to show some respect and the only person inside the whole time was Browny serving behind the bar.. not one player or supporter ventured inside.

Seriously though, Brahma don't serve the Chardonnay Pulteney drink anyway :twisted:

I try and make every effort when we are playing away to get in for a drink and have a chat about the game, yes you go hammer and tongs and banter for 2 hours on the field but once the game is over all the banter is too! From memory I was crook that day and had to get organised for a club function so shot off, my own stupidity participating in the club function that night as it made me miss the following weeks game. Not really a good excuse on my behalf but I would have thought someone from the lodge would have gone in, poor form on our part mate.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Haha don't stress Cossi, I was just stirring - no harm done.. if people want to go in clubs that's up to them.. if not who cares either :lol:

After all this chat I guess I better make an effort to grab a beer at Houghton this week! :oops: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby cossi11 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Zartan wrote:Haha don't stress Cossi, I was just stirring - no harm done.. if people want to go in clubs that's up to them.. if not who cares either :lol:

After all this chat I guess I better make an effort to grab a beer at Houghton this week! :oops: :lol:

I don't really care that much tbh, just read about no BLFC heading into Fitzroy after the game a few weeks back and thought I would mention no one from Pulteney came into the club after the cracking game that was played..

For sure you should, they definitely look after you up there mate!
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby The Informer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:38 pm

cossi11 wrote:
Zartan wrote:Haha don't stress Cossi, I was just stirring - no harm done.. if people want to go in clubs that's up to them.. if not who cares either :lol:

I don't really care that much tbh, just read about no BLFC heading into Fitzroy after the game a few weeks back and thought I would mention no one from Pulteney came into the club after the cracking game that was played..

For sure you should, they definitely look after you up there mate!

You are more than welcome Sat Zartan for a beer and see if you can beat Cossi and the Big angry ruckmans effort from a couple of weeks ago.

Speaking of The Big Angry Ruckman, if he decides to give up footy he could make a living as a quiz master after Sat nights effort!

Was good to see him relaxed and not angry.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:39 pm

May as well sign the A grade coaching papers while your there :lol: #signhimup
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League