SANFL starting women's league in 2017

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:32 pm

therisingblues wrote:
tipper wrote:
therisingblues wrote:This is probably the wrong thing to say but, will there be any dancing boys?

you volunteering?

I want an outline of the perks first.
I also demand a nice dancing costume that accentuates the best parts of my 120kg frame and hides my man boobs.
Preferably I want a dance routine where I don't have to get out of a chair, cause I get too puffed moving around, and I can't do any moves that require me to balance on one leg, I reckon the bugger would snap off underneath my girth, and that wouldn't be very inspiring for the girls.
Once we sort those issues out, I reckon I'd be a big hit with the ladies. Yeah, call me the package.

Well, good man, we've got ourselves a troop forming by the sounds of it. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Are you in too Booney?
I thought we could do "All That Jazz". The only time I am getting off my chair is to show the crowd my whoopee spot. What do ya' reckon?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:18 pm

From I'm led to believe this all leads back to the growth of the big bash Comp

I was in a state sports and rec conference hosted by the marketing manager of the Strikers who noted that the growth of the big bash was attributed to the fact they unashamingly marketed to the mother of families as they had supposedly become the key decision maker in families when it came to recreational activities as well as being in charge of budgeting etc

The teams were placed in bright 'pretty' colours, there was rule books for mums handed out at early games and many other features to attract mums to take their families to games.

It was also noted that soccer had seen even further growth in the women's game with female participation at an all time high and the interest in the women's a league been reasonable

They mentioned that the AFL believed they were light years behind in this regard and that all sports felt that we would see women and mums become increasingly more important in deciding what 'family sporting events' there family would go to.

As far as marketing is going the days of marketing to men to go to footy for beers and pies are long gone and that marketing over the next 5-10 years will be focused on getting the household decision makers to enjoy their evening at the football
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:23 pm

therisingblues wrote:Are you in too Booney?
I thought we could do "All That Jazz". The only time I am getting off my chair is to show the crowd my whoopee spot. What do ya' reckon?

I'm thinking "All the single ladies", choreography to suit. I'm Beyonce and I'm not willing to negotiate.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:52 pm

whufc wrote: It was also noted that soccer had seen even further growth in the women's game

Well stated, spot on.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby therisingblues » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Are you in too Booney?

I'm thinking "All the single ladies", choreography to suit. I'm Beyonce and I'm not willing to negotiate.

You bitch!
Okay, but I'm in the middle!
:lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:08 pm

therisingblues wrote:This is probably the wrong thing to say but, will there be any dancing boys?

the North Grog squad coming out of retirement :shock:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:08 pm

Well here we go the almighty SANFL jumping on the bandwagon wanting to start a Women's comp ...... my question is where were the SANFL 25 yrs ago ..... yes some off the club had an affiliation with some SANFL clubs years ago ..... but gave little support to the teams ...... the club im involved with picked up and gave the then Sturt [SANFL] a place to play after being told they can't use the oval or facilities, .... At that time in 2005 there were only four teams ... where were you SANFL at that time ....... since them Morphettville Park Women's has grown from a struggling team to having two senior sides U/18's and U'15's all on the back off some great Female volunteers who have busted a gut for the love off the game and no financial reward, the last four years being rewarded winning the last 3 Div 1 Premierships, 2 U/18's flags, and U15's making the GF in there first year ...... My point is this is where Women's football should stay ..... At local grassroots clubs ...... The South Australian Women's Football League is doing a magnificent job working with Grassroot clubs to develop the game ...... so there is no need for the SANFL to interfere ..... Sort your own League comp out first before putting more financial burden on your own cash strapped clubs ........ and PLEASE don't come with the [ we will provide a pathway to the AFL] ..... The Women's League already do that and do it well ..... end off rant
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
whufc wrote: It was also noted that soccer had seen even further growth in the women's game

Well stated, spot on.

If soccer does one day gain interest in this country they might start a men's league!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:17 am

whufc wrote:From I'm led to believe this all leads back to the growth of the big bash Comp

I was in a state sports and rec conference hosted by the marketing manager of the Strikers who noted that the growth of the big bash was attributed to the fact they unashamingly marketed to the mother of families as they had supposedly become the key decision maker in families when it came to recreational activities as well as being in charge of budgeting etc

The teams were placed in bright 'pretty' colours, there was rule books for mums handed out at early games and many other features to attract mums to take their families to games.

It was also noted that soccer had seen even further growth in the women's game with female participation at an all time high and the interest in the women's a league been reasonable

They mentioned that the AFL believed they were light years behind in this regard and that all sports felt that we would see women and mums become increasingly more important in deciding what 'family sporting events' there family would go to.

As far as marketing is going the days of marketing to men to go to footy for beers and pies are long gone and that marketing over the next 5-10 years will be focused on getting the household decision makers to enjoy their evening at the football

I also noted earlier this year that the AFL's interest in this development really flourished in the same year that women's rugby union gained loads of media exposure due to the Olympics.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:20 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:Well here we go the almighty SANFL jumping on the bandwagon wanting to start a Women's comp ...... my question is where were the SANFL 25 yrs ago ..... yes some off the club had an affiliation with some SANFL clubs years ago ..... but gave little support to the teams ...... the club im involved with picked up and gave the then Sturt [SANFL] a place to play after being told they can't use the oval or facilities, .... At that time in 2005 there were only four teams ... where were you SANFL at that time ....... since them Morphettville Park Women's has grown from a struggling team to having two senior sides U/18's and U'15's all on the back off some great Female volunteers who have busted a gut for the love off the game and no financial reward, the last four years being rewarded winning the last 3 Div 1 Premierships, 2 U/18's flags, and U15's making the GF in there first year ...... My point is this is where Women's football should stay ..... At local grassroots clubs ...... The South Australian Women's Football League is doing a magnificent job working with Grassroot clubs to develop the game ...... so there is no need for the SANFL to interfere ..... Sort your own League comp out first before putting more financial burden on your own cash strapped clubs ........ and PLEASE don't come with the [ we will provide a pathway to the AFL] ..... The Women's League already do that and do it well ..... end off rant

I'm glad someone posted along these lines.
I vaguely remember a bit of media hoo-ha in the 90s about women's footy starting, aligned with SANFL clubs.
That interest withered on the vine. Clubs showed no interest beyond the naming.
Let's hope those involved do a better job of this this time around.
We all, outside of those involved in it, question the quality of play in women's game, but imagine how much better it would've been if those early steps had been supported as they are now. I think we'd be seeing a much different game and different opinions from blokes.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:31 am

Broken Down Hack wrote:Well here we go the almighty SANFL jumping on the bandwagon wanting to start a Women's comp ...... my question is where were the SANFL 25 yrs ago ..... yes some off the club had an affiliation with some SANFL clubs years ago ..... but gave little support to the teams ...... the club im involved with picked up and gave the then Sturt [SANFL] a place to play after being told they can't use the oval or facilities, .... At that time in 2005 there were only four teams ... where were you SANFL at that time ....... since them Morphettville Park Women's has grown from a struggling team to having two senior sides U/18's and U'15's all on the back off some great Female volunteers who have busted a gut for the love off the game and no financial reward, the last four years being rewarded winning the last 3 Div 1 Premierships, 2 U/18's flags, and U15's making the GF in there first year ...... My point is this is where Women's football should stay ..... At local grassroots clubs ...... The South Australian Women's Football League is doing a magnificent job working with Grassroot clubs to develop the game ...... so there is no need for the SANFL to interfere ..... Sort your own League comp out first before putting more financial burden on your own cash strapped clubs ........ and PLEASE don't come with the [ we will provide a pathway to the AFL] ..... The Women's League already do that and do it well ..... end off rant

Well said, I know a few women playing at MP and they love it, but now to go to the next level Im guessing they will be forced to go to a SANFL club.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby therisingblues » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:25 am

Dogwatcher wrote:

I'm glad someone posted along these lines.
I vaguely remember a bit of media hoo-ha in the 90s about women's footy starting, aligned with SANFL clubs.
That interest withered on the vine. Clubs showed no interest beyond the naming.
Let's hope those involved do a better job of this this time around.
We all, outside of those involved in it, question the quality of play in women's game, but imagine how much better it would've been if those early steps had been supported as they are now. I think we'd be seeing a much different game and different opinions from blokes.

I think the reason it's being supported better now is that the AFL, like the church, does not guide society, but follows it. Our ideas about equality between the sexes are more entrenched now, whereas back in the 90's we were still dealing with establishing that culture. This is why the AFL is jumping on the bandwagon now, and the SANFL following it, because it's a much bigger bandwagon now. That won't stop them from spinning it so they appear almost as revolutionaries, the truth is though, that they are actually 20 years behind.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby VALE PARK » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:48 pm

All sounds good as long as the AFL fund the lot.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dog_ger2 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Is this the new SANFL?
Dog_ger2
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby goddy11 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:04 pm

The AFL girls will get paid more than most SANFL players for 7 games.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:18 pm

goddy11 wrote:The AFL girls will get paid more than most SANFL players for 7 games.

$8500 base, $10-12k for mid-tier and marquee players will earn up to $27,000.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:48 am

Sexism?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:12 am

Booney wrote:
goddy11 wrote:The AFL girls will get paid more than most SANFL players for 7 games.

$8500 base, $10-12k for mid-tier and marquee players will earn up to $27,000.

Strewth! Reckon I might put on a bit of make up, shave my beard, legs and man-boobs, put on a bra and earn some coin having a kick with the ladies.
Best part is the shower after the match. Hope they have doors on those things, or the ladies might get a bit of a surprise when they walk past Theri's stall and see the last turkey in shop hanging where a mapatazzee should be.
Am I allowed to say this stuff these days?
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:46 pm

Interesting that the AFL have already confirmed the women's league will make a massive loss in 2017, but is a worthwhile investment....agree it should be supported but what about state leagues??
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL