TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Grenville » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:21 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Grenville wrote:Poms 2/59 in the 1st dig chasing the Kiwis 375. Root 21no needs to go big and not get out for 50-60.
2/128 now
Burns 67*
Root 45*


2/190, How bout a 74no, C.Montgomery 90no. The bits I've seen the Kiwis have been tidy but haven't troubled them.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 253 times
Been liked: 750 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby DOC » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Burns tons up then is run out for 101. 3/204.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8744
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:04 pm

England 5/269
Root 114*
Burns 101
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28304
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6473 times
Been liked: 953 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:44 am

England 5/336, trail by 39
Root 155*
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28304
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6473 times
Been liked: 953 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby DOC » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:49 am

Draw now most likely.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8744
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Grenville » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:39 am

5/398, if Root wanted to he could get 400. Pitch is a bit up and down but she's flat as a tack.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 253 times
Been liked: 750 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby DOC » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:53 am

Double ton to Root.

Now in the top ten English run makers. Has the best average of the lot.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8744
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:11 pm

DOC wrote:Double ton to Root.

Now in the top ten English run makers. Has the best average of the lot.
Great numbers, criticized alot because he doesn't convert (17 hundreds/45 fifties) but having the best average in the top 10 shows how good he has been.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28304
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6473 times
Been liked: 953 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:37 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
DOC wrote:Double ton to Root.

Now in the top ten English run makers. Has the best average of the lot.
Great numbers, criticized alot because he doesn't convert (17 hundreds/45 fifties) but having the best average in the top 10 shows how good he has been.


Australians will probably never have the highest opinion of Root. Only averages 40 against us in total and only averages 38 in Australia with no 100's. Based on what the average aussie punter has seen it isn't phenomenal statistics.

Averages over 50 against India and South Africa which is a pretty decent effort.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20779
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3339 times
Been liked: 1388 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:49 pm

whufc wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
DOC wrote:Double ton to Root.

Now in the top ten English run makers. Has the best average of the lot.
Great numbers, criticized alot because he doesn't convert (17 hundreds/45 fifties) but having the best average in the top 10 shows how good he has been.


Australians will probably never have the highest opinion of Root. Only averages 40 against us in total and only averages 38 in Australia with no 100's. Based on what the average aussie punter has seen it isn't phenomenal statistics.

Averages over 50 against India and South Africa which is a pretty decent effort.


He's a terrific player. One downfall is his record here in Australia, he's done OK against the Aussies at home as batting in England is typically hard but here he has been poor in converting starts.
batmanbegins
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:21 am
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 110 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Grenville » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:34 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
DOC wrote:Double ton to Root.

Now in the top ten English run makers. Has the best average of the lot.
Great numbers, criticized alot because he doesn't convert (17 hundreds/45 fifties) but having the best average in the top 10 shows how good he has been.


Australians will probably never have the highest opinion of Root. Only averages 40 against us in total and only averages 38 in Australia with no 100's. Based on what the average aussie punter has seen it isn't phenomenal statistics.

Averages over 50 against India and South Africa which is a pretty decent effort.


He's a terrific player. One downfall is his record here in Australia, he's done OK against the Aussies at home as batting in England is typically hard but here he has been poor in converting starts.


Only an imbecile would deny he's a class act. The fact he still averages what he does without converting as much as he does proves the quality is there.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 253 times
Been liked: 750 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Grenville wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:[quote="DOC"]Double ton to Root.

Now in the top ten English run makers. Has the best average of the lot.
Great numbers, criticized alot because he doesn't convert (17 hundreds/45 fifties) but having the best average in the top 10 shows how good he has been.

Australians will probably never have the highest opinion of Root. Only averages 40 against us in total and only averages 38 in Australia with no 100's. Based on what the average aussie punter has seen it isn't phenomenal statistics.

Averages over 50 against India and South Africa which is a pretty decent effort.

He's a terrific player. One downfall is his record here in Australia, he's done OK against the Aussies at home as batting in England is typically hard but here he has been poor in converting starts.

Only an imbecile would deny he's a class act. The fact he still averages what he does without converting as much as he does proves the quality is there.[/quote]
Absolutely, from what I read/watch he gets alot of flak from the English public and press about his conversation rate but his numbers are obviously very good, top 10 in their highest run getters now will surely shut some doubters up. Played 88 test matches for his 7282 runs which shows he's scored them quickly too.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28304
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6473 times
Been liked: 953 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Grenville » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 am

Rapidly descending into a farce, Archer bowler mainly 120-130km pies.
User avatar
Grenville
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 253 times
Been liked: 750 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:59 am

Anyone seen the Denly sitter.....that was worse than a Phil Tufnell effort

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47555
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8482 times
Been liked: 2340 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:17 am

Another case for using Duke balls worldwide, the kookaburra produces some very lame test matches atm
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39477
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1255 times
Been liked: 2083 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:27 pm

NZ 2/241, lead by 140 and rain has stop play.
Taylor 105*, now reached 7000 test runs and now only 150 runs behind Stephen Fleming.
Williamson 104*, his 21st test match century.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 28304
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6473 times
Been liked: 953 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby DOC » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:43 am

Bob Willis dies at age 70 from Cancer.

Great competitor and someone who has a lot of mates here in Adelaide.

He represented all that was right with cricket.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8744
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby westozfalcon » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:34 pm

[*]
DOC wrote:Bob Willis dies at age 70 from Cancer.

Great competitor and someone who has a lot of mates here in Adelaide.

He represented all that was right with cricket.


A sad day for cricket.

He was a magnificent competitor and you could summarize his approach with the words 'substance over style'.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: Perth WA
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Great to see test cricket back in Pakistan, sadly looks like Days 2 & 3 will be rain interupted
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39477
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1255 times
Been liked: 2083 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby Corona Man » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:Another case for using Duke balls worldwide, the kookaburra produces some very lame test matches atm

Very good point, why wouldn't there be a "standard ball" used for all test matches, played everywhere?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9100
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 875 times
Been liked: 2377 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests