SAWFL - Dogs & Panthers shafted

All discussions to do with the SANFL

SAWFL - Dogs & Panthers shafted

Postby dogbreath » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:10 pm

Not that I give a rats toss bag about Central missing out.

But doesn't it seem a tad suspicious that the clubs that had their womens team application rejected were the two clubs (Central & South) that voted against the AFL reserves teams entering the SANFL.
Surely the Northern & Southern suburbs are two huge potential growth areas for a fledgling womens comp.

Payback ?????
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Re: SAWFL - Dogs & Panthers shafted

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:16 pm

dogbreath wrote:Not that I give a rats toss bag about Central missing out.

But doesn't it seem a tad suspicious that the clubs that had their womens team application rejected were the two clubs (Central & South) that voted against the AFL reserves teams entering the SANFL.
Surely the Northern & Southern suburbs are two huge potential growth areas for a fledgling womens comp.

Payback ?????

Conspiracy theory - but maybe on the ball!

You surely need a team out south and north if it is going to work?
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby whufc » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Somethings gone on especially considering Centrals already had an established side
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:53 pm

whufc wrote:Somethings gone on especially considering Centrals already had an established side

In a separate competition.....

Given clubs are struggling to make ends meet it could be a blessing not having to worry about stretching football department budgets further.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Even I wouldn't read too much into it, I'm sure there's several reasons before jumping on a conspiracy bandwagon.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby dogbreath » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:40 pm

Let's hear what those reasons are then. Why hasn't the SANFL disclosed them ?
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:43 pm

dogbreath wrote:Let's hear what those reasons are then. Why hasn't the SANFL disclosed them ?

Ask your club. And then maybe get back to us.

Maybe they weren't ready which would be fair enough with the limited time span and will be ready for the comp the year after.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:30 am

It's awful that South and Centrals have been shafted from the SAWFL.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby mots02 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:13 am

dogbreath wrote:Let's hear what those reasons are then. Why hasn't the SANFL disclosed them ?

From what I understand it was a tender process, I don't think the SANFL is compelled to publically disclose why they chose one club over another and it would probably be pretty poor form if they chose to.

You could mount an argument that Centrals and South are geographically in a strong position to be considered as critical members of the comp but that maybe wasn't the defining criteria for selection. Equally you could argue that North, Norwood, Glenelg and West have all 4 points of the compass pretty much covered too.

We all love a conspiracy theory but I don't think this is one of them.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby MW » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:18 am

You guys will complain about anything
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby vics01 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 am

Why would they really want be involved. As it is they have reduced salary caps.. Let alone having to find and fund resources which would further distract from the real deal..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby stan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:48 am

This whole thing still makes no sense to me. There is already a WFL in SA at the moment, the SANFL should be integrating with that rather than starting another one from scratch.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MatteeG » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:01 am

stan wrote:This whole thing still makes no sense to me. There is already a WFL in SA at the moment, the SANFL should be integrating with that rather than starting another one from scratch.

Spot on. And how the frick can we possibly afford a side when we have more pressing issues currently (like actual survival).
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Booney » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:10 am

dogbreath wrote:Not that I give a rats toss bag about Central missing out.

But you thought you'd start a thread to moan about it anyway? Righto.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:28 am

MatteeG wrote:
stan wrote:This whole thing still makes no sense to me. There is already a WFL in SA at the moment, the SANFL should be integrating with that rather than starting another one from scratch.

Spot on. And how the frick can we possibly afford a side when we have more pressing issues currently (like actual survival).

Like others, I doubt there's a conspiracy re: South and Centrals. However, I think MatteeG makes a good point, given the Bays current precarious finances.

Apologies for what might be the bleedin' obvious, but what's this project expected to cost each club all up? I understand the Essayeneffell are putting 10K in for each club, and I assume it costs more than that to run this comp, so does that means the balance is paid out by the individual clubs, or is the AFL coming in to apply more funds?

As MatteeG says, surely the Bays have better things to do with their money than fund this experiment, like staying alive. I can only presume that the Bays wouldn't have put their hand up if it would put them further in the red, and thus there would have to be some financial assistance offered by someone to bankroll their participation and justify their nomination.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby southee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Considering the massive amount of youth unemployment in the North and South you would think the SANFL brains trust would have teams in the regions. (Running a great female youth program for participation)

I'm all for the conspiracy theory - we (and the doggies) got shafted big time.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Reddeer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:34 pm

southee wrote:Considering the massive amount of youth unemployment in the North and South you would think the SANFL brains trust would have teams in the regions. (Running a great female youth program for participation)

I'm all for the conspiracy theory - we (and the doggies) got shafted big time.

The real conspiracy is why the crows were told to lose the prelim against Sturt!!!!
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby darley16 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:23 pm

No conspiracy there Reddeer, instructed to play bruise free football as they didn't want any injuries going into pre-season once their AFL side was done, i say no conspiracy as it was obvious , their intent against South & Centrals when their AFL team was still going and their intent against Sturt were poles apart.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times

Postby Broken Down Hack » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:04 pm

Magellan wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

Like others, I doubt there's a conspiracy re: South and Centrals. However, I think MatteeG makes a good point, given the Bays current precarious finances.

Apologies for what might be the bleedin' obvious, but what's this project expected to cost each club all up? I understand the Essayeneffell are putting 10K in for each club, and I assume it costs more than that to run this comp, so does that means the balance is paid out by the individual clubs, or is the AFL coming in to apply more funds?

As MatteeG says, surely the Bays have better things to do with their money than fund this experiment, like staying alive. I can only presume that the Bays wouldn't have put their hand up if it would put them further in the red, and thus there would have to be some financial assistance offered by someone to bankroll their participation and justify their nomination.

So each club gets 10k ..... yep that will help ..... just to let people know the women's side at my local club, its end off year running costs were 45k ...... and that was with 9 players drafted to the Crows ...... the standard without those "Quality" players drops a hell off a lot .... so don't get to excited people it will be like watching a good local U/16's game .....
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby vics01 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:23 pm

45K on womans footy?? WTF
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Cove