Australian tour of India 2017

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

Postby Grenville » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Since when did the Australian batsmen and all batsmen around the world become pussy cats about spin bowling? When did it change from being afraid of pace bowlers to being afraid of spinners? The ball is travelling about an average of 80kms an hour and your grandma with half vision in her left eye still has time to smack it. Grrr. It's only spin. Watch the ball. Use your feet well and smack the f#@k out of it.

Anyone?
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Just looked up the stadium location on Google Maps. Bloody hell it's almost halfway between Pune and Mumbai! Victorians used to whinge about the distance Waverley was from the CBD....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:22 pm

heater31 wrote:Just looked up the stadium location on Google Maps. Bloody hell it's almost halfway between Pune and Mumbai! Victorians used to whinge about the distance Waverley was from the CBD....

Add to that.....not much car parking, no public transport to the ground and you can only buy a 5 day ticket = poor crowd.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Grenville wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Since when did the Australian batsmen and all batsmen around the world become pussy cats about spin bowling? When did it change from being afraid of pace bowlers to being afraid of spinners? The ball is travelling about an average of 80kms an hour and your grandma with half vision in her left eye still has time to smack it. Grrr. It's only spin. Watch the ball. Use your feet well and smack the f#@k out of it.

Anyone?

Bombers4EVA will be conducting batting master classes at Adelaide Oval this Sunday....be there.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Grenville wrote:

Anyone?

Bombers4EVA will be conducting batting master classes at Adelaide Oval this Sunday....be there.

Tell me then. What's harder to read? Spin or pace? A ball coming at you @145kms/hr or a ball coming @ 80kms/h?
Last edited by Bombers4EVA on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Wow.

If it's so easy then why aren't you over in India right now showing us how it's done?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby helicopterking » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Warner bowled off No Ball
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Tell me then. What's harder to read? Spin or pace? A ball coming at you @145kms/hr or a ball coming @ 80kms/h?

I'm not being a smartarse but what is the highest level of cricket you have played mate?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Tell me then. What's harder to read? Spin or pace? A ball coming at you @145kms/hr or a ball coming @ 80kms/h?

I'm not being a smartarse but what is the highest level of cricket you have played mate?

I've played on both turf and hard wicket many years ago. I have played for around 4 years. I am not a expert in cricket and I have never said I was. All I am saying is that we are all saying that Australia will get flogged over there as we are poor at playing spin. Spin is spin. You have more time to place your feet and settle to play the shot. Comparing to pace.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

In my experience if the 145km/h stuff was on the front shoe it was easy. At my head it was a different story ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote: Spin is spin. You have more time to place your feet and settle to play the shot. Comparing to pace.

You have no idea lol :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I've played on both turf and hard wicket many years ago. I have played for around 4 years. I am not a expert in cricket and I have never said I was. All I am saying is that we are all saying that Australia will get flogged over there as we are poor at playing spin. Spin is spin. You have more time to place your feet and settle to play the shot. Comparing to pace.

Well history (Murali and S K Warne) tells us that the 80kms/h stuff is harder to read.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Q. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:36 pm

I wish Adelaide Hawk still frequented this forum
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Brodlach » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Grenville wrote:

Anyone?

When pitches, especially first class pitches, became roads
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Zartan wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote: Spin is spin. You have more time to place your feet and settle to play the shot. Comparing to pace.

Yeah I have mate. Ive played against both spin and pace. I would normally come in at somewhere between 8th and last. I have faced my fair share of spin and pace. Against pace I have no chance. The bails normally come off after my 1st or 2nd delivery. Whereas spin I have faced far more and made more runs. As I had that little bit more extra time to see the ball and whack it.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Q. wrote:I wish Adelaide Hawk still frequented this forum

Why's that bud? Would he carve me up on here?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Zartan wrote:

Yeah I have mate. Ive played against both spin and pace. I would normally come in at somewhere between 8th and last. I have faced my fair share of spin and pace. Against pace I have no chance. The bails normally come off after my 1st or 2nd delivery. Whereas spin I have faced far more and made more runs. As I had that little bit more extra time to see the ball and whack it.

There is a massive difference between facing donkey drops in community cricket, and facing world class spin bowling on dust bowls that turn half a pitch.

I'd bet my left nut you didn't face too many quality spinners - impeccable lengths, variation of pace, variation of delivery, spinning hard and pushing the ball through..

If you think facing 80kph spinners is easy then you're cooked.

Reckon i'd knock you over in less than an over.. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Zartan wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Zartan wrote:

There is a massive difference between facing donkey drops in community cricket, and facing world class spin bowling on dust bowls that turn half a pitch.

I'd bet my left nut you didn't face too many quality spinners - impeccable lengths, variation of pace, variation of delivery, spinning hard and pushing the ball through..

If you think facing 80kph spinners is easy then you're cooked.

Reckon i'd knock you over in less than an over.. 8)

Probably would. Just remember though. I am only making a statement of what I believe. We come across as very pussy like when it comes to playing against spin. We are very tentative at making shots against a spin bowler compared to pace bowlers. The batsmen are professionals and that is what they do every day. They train for hours in the nets and play games on weekends. But when it comes to playing against spin we fall to shite. And then we say we are ordinary against teams with high quality spinners.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Probably would. Just remember though. I am only making a statement of what I believe. We come across as very pussy like when it comes to playing against spin. We are very tentative at making shots against a spin bowler compared to pace bowlers. The batsmen are professionals and that is what they do every day. They train for hours in the nets and play games on weekends. But when it comes to playing against spin we fall to shite. And then we say we are ordinary against teams with high quality spinners.

a) We don't produce many high quality spinners that turn the ball a large way these days.
b) Almost all pitches in Australia are flat, hard batting paradises - even if they face spinners they're not a real threat.
c) India is as different to our conditions as you can get.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Some interesting discussion on cricinfo.com about the pitches they prepare in India.

"I don't see any difference between having a packed slip cordon in a green pitch in AU, NZ or in ENG and what's happening here. AU has to accept the reality and play themselves deep into the game with confidence. #HomeAdvantage"

New Zealand have definitely gone down that track recently, but when was the last green top prepared in Australia for a Test. I think we are too nice. Hopefully that changes next time India come here
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket