2017-Rd-5.pdf
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 88 times
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Re: SANFL Round 5

Postby Booney » Thu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Very odd split round, the Eagles and Sturt play two games in round 5. Yes, they do. ( Make up for the week off after the Anzac Day clash )

My winners in bold.

This week :
Sat May 6
Eagles v Adelaide
Central v Norwood
Sunday May 7
Port v Sturt
South v North

Next week:
Sat May 13
Eagles v Glenelg
Sturt v West
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Panther Pack » Thu May 04, 2017 1:59 pm

South sitting nicely at 3 wins 1 loss prob better than most expected.

First Sunday game at Noarlunga for the year, weather looks good could be a monster crowd!!!

Anyone know the record crowd for South v North game at Noarlunga cause I reckon it's about to be blown away!!!!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby VALE PARK » Thu May 04, 2017 2:15 pm

North had a good win last week and kicked over 100 points.
Should be a good contest.
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Panther Pack wrote:South sitting nicely at 3 wins 1 loss prob better than most expected.

First Sunday game at Noarlunga for the year, weather looks good could be a monster crowd!!!

Anyone know the record crowd for South v North game at Noarlunga cause I reckon it's about to be blown away!!!!

LOL I'll walk home from Noarlunga if it's a record.
Should be good though, Sunday's work better down there and I'm going and taking the missus, should I wear my North gear or the South polo my daughter bought me for Xmas? :lol:

PS I'm only going because of the interest the digital pass has created for me.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby darley16 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Go with South polo Wedgie, ever since your daughter has been with the Panthers the club has performed well, little Miss Wedgie is our good luck charm, besides she's slowing influencing you to become a Southie. The game should be a cracker.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 04, 2017 2:56 pm

darley16 wrote:Go with South polo Wedgie, ever since your daughter has been with the Panthers the club has performed well, little Miss Wedgie is our good luck charm, besides she's slowing influencing you to become a Southie. The game should be a cracker.

Unfortunately as I'm tall she didn't realise how fat I am and got me a XL. It'd be tighter than a Lycra Norwood Guernsey!

PS She loves it down there, is having a great time. At least she won't have to put up with any ferals abusing her this week.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Panther Pack » Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:South sitting nicely at 3 wins 1 loss prob better than most expected.

LOL I'll walk home from Noarlunga if it's a record.
Should be good though, Sunday's work better down there and I'm going and taking the missus, should I wear my North gear or the South polo my daughter bought me for Xmas? :lol:

PS I'm only going because of the interest the digital pass has created for me.

Well you better bring you walking shoes mate :D :D :D
Panther Pack
Reserves

Postby Panther Pack » Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Wedgie wrote:
darley16 wrote:Go with South polo Wedgie, ever since your daughter has been with the Panthers the club has performed well, little Miss Wedgie is our good luck charm, besides she's slowing influencing you to become a Southie. The game should be a cracker.

Unfortunately as I'm tall she didn't realise how fat I am and got me a XL. It'd be tighter than a Lycra Norwood Guernsey!

PS She loves it down there, is having a great time. At least she won't have to put up with any ferals abusing her this week.

You can always buy a new South Polo while you are there on Sunday & if you sign up as a member you can get a 10% discount on any merchandise ;)
Panther Pack
Reserves

Postby Spargo » Thu May 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Wedgie wrote:PS I'm only going because of the interest the digital pass has created for me.

Lol - you gotta be on the take.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby am Bays » Thu May 04, 2017 3:43 pm

Spargo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:PS I'm only going because of the interest the digital pass has created for me.

Lol - you gotta be on the take.

Is this loophole applicable to social media barons???

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/a-cash-for-comment-loophole-closes/news-story/49bdd21f7c7a0303913762befbbc5d54
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby goddy11 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm glad the Eags are playing Adelaide this week. Adelaide has only 16 AFL listed player. Adelaide will only get stronger in the next few weeks with more players returning. Port have 22 AFL listed players and . Will Summerton get dropped in his 200th game or will they again change the rules to let him play against Sturt. The PA reserves , reserves will get stronger either way. And they play Sunday. How was that organized.?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby southernbulldog » Thu May 04, 2017 8:06 pm

They have conveniently left Ladhams out with'" general soreness""
so Summerton can play.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu May 04, 2017 8:37 pm

southernbulldog wrote:They have conveniently left Ladhams out with'" general soreness""
so Summerton can play.

I read those muppets like a book haha!

All bullshit aside all the best to Summo in his 200th, he's a legend.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby sib » Thu May 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Its a joke. Summerton shouldnt be playing.
sib
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby PhilH » Thu May 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Re Summerton .... it is not so surprising one of the younger kids gets a rest.

In an interview with Crows coach Heath Younie on FIVEE aa SANFL Show in 2014 he mentioned under the new structure many of their younger kids just recruited to the club were getting "bashed around" by having to start their AFL journey at SANFL league level and they had to manage their game time until they became physically stronger.

Putting head back under trench now.

As for record South v North crowd, they did get 2600 when the christened the new Hickinbotham Oval lights a few years back.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby saintal » Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Summerton has been/is a very good SANFL footballer. Certainly one of the most consistent over the past decade. 200 games is a great achievement.

Having said that, In honor of his 200th somebody should post his infamous anti-Power tirade. For sentimental purposes..
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby heater31 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:09 pm

saintal wrote:Summerton has been/is a very good SANFL footballer. Certainly one of the most consistent over the past decade. 200 games is a great achievement.

Having said that, In honor of his 200th somebody should post his infamous anti-Power tirade.

Lucky to be playing his 200th given his original sentiments, plenty of former Port Magpies are bitter at their treatment
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby DOC » Thu May 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Saturday May 6
Central District v Norwood (My Money House Oval) – 2.10pm
Live video stream at digitalpass.sanfl.com.au | Live radio & scores at SANFL Website & App

CENTRAL

Reliable defender Fraser Fort will play his first Macca’s League match this year after being named in Central’s team to play against Norwood on Saturday.

Having recovered from a shoulder reconstruction, Fort made his return in the Reserves last round before his elevation to full back to face the Redlegs.

He has been joined in the 23-man squad by Isaya Mckenzie, Sam Milne, Kyle Presbury and possible debutant Will Hewett.

The older brother of AFL-listed pair George Hewett (Sydney) and Cam Hewett (Port Adelaide), Will Hewett (22) measures in at 183cm and 83kg.

Emerging midfielder Brendan Dew couldn’t overcome a dislocated shoulder while Tom Collier and Sam Hanna were sent back to the Reserves.

League

F: T. Schiller, Butcher, Hewett

HF: Hoskin, Glenn, Milne

C: Barmby, Holman, Richardson

HB: Furnell, Broadwood, L. Habel

B: Haydon, F. Fort, Prior

R: D. Fort, J. Schiller, Goodrem

INT: Hannath, Jenner, McKenzie, Presbury, Waldhuter

IN: F. Fort, Hewett, McKenzie, Milne, Presbury

OUT: Dew (dislocated shoulder), Collier, Hanna

Reserves
Antonie, Bain, Banks, Barreau, Boyle, Claughton, Coleman, Collier, J. Habel, Hanna, Llewellyn, Matthews, Nason, Reichert, Russo, Stephenson, Stevens, Templeton, Walter, Weaver.

Under-18
Ahmatt-Lovett, Barilla, Billing, Cormack, Cotgrove, Dahms, Dodd, Dowse, East, Eberhard, Elbrow, Falkenberg, Furnell, Humphries-Carnelly, Lange, McLennan, Milera, Montgomerie, Nietschke, Payne, B Pilkington, Schiller, Shirley, Watts.

NORWOOD

Norwood’s experience has lifted with the inclusion of two former AFL-listed players to play against Central on Saturday.

Running defender Dean Terlich has recovered from a slight groin strain while Simon Phillips has returned from a work commitment which kept him from lining up against South last Friday night.

They have been added to the five-man interchange bench along with utility Harry Viney, who is yet to feature at Macca’s League level this year.

Former Fremantle Docker Alex Forster was deemed unfit due to an ankle injury.

North Melbourne recruit Brad McKenzie is in line to play his first official game for the club in the Reserves after overcoming an ankle complaint.

League

F: Dawe, Shenton, Wilson

HF: Smart, Panos, Johnston

C: Richards, Grigg, Kirwan

HB: Bode, Georgiou, Fuller

B: Levicki, Bower, Jefferies

R: Baulderstone, Roocke, Webber

INT: Terlich, Bartlett, Phillips, Viney, Giannini

IN: Terlich, Phillips, Viney

OUT: A. Forster (ankle)

Reserves
Carter, J. Richards, Giro, Astbury, Hupfeld, Di Stefano, Pascoe, Fahlbusch-Moore, Smith, Beilby, Carroll, McKenzie, T. Forster, Olsson, Miller, M. Coles, T. Charlton, Pedro, North. EMG: Breden.

Under-18
Tortorella, Dawson, J. Coles, Hanuman, Mundy, Hewson, Barnett, Davidson-Smith, Ware, George, Theodorakopoulos, J. Martin, Patterson, Saywell, Draper, Siviour, Hatswell, Joesph, Atkinson, Tziortzis, Breden, T. Martin, Hurst, Collins.

Eagles v Adelaide (Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval) – 2.10pm
Live video stream at digitalpass.sanfl.com.au | Live radio & scores at SANFL Website & App

EAGLES

The Eagles could take an unchanged line-up into Saturday’s clash with Adelaide.

Enjoying a break with the bye after defeating Sturt on Anzac Day, Michael Godden’s squad has been added to by two players.

Key defender Jake Summerton and utility Ethan Haylock have been included on the five-man extended interchange bench, which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.

League

F: McGregor, Wundke, Boyd

HF: Whittlesea, J. Hayes, N. Hayes

C: Comitogianni, Rowland, Johansen

HB: Hall, Stewart, Goldsworthy

B: Sinor, Thompson, Allmond

R: Borholm, Poole, Petrenko

INT: Lewis, Woods, Gaffney, Summerton, Haylock

IN: Summerton, Haylock

Under-18
F: Mead, Schultz, Practico
HF: Cook, Francis, Lukosius
C: Pudney, Weidemann, Martin
HB: Moller, Schwarz, Redden
B: Schmusch, J. Miller, Brill

R: Michael, Gaffney, Hawkins
INT: Firns, Hann, J. Hoyle, McLeod, Moore, Studham

ADELAIDE

Adelaide’s midfield rotation has improved with the addition of Riley Knight for the clash against the Eagles on Saturday.

Despite missing just one match with a hamstring ailment, Knight was unable to be squeezed back into the AFL line-up, ensuring he would be joined by defender Tom Doedee, midfielder Myles Poholke and development player Joey Brown in the 23-man squad.

Sam Tharaldsen was unable to be passed fit after a bout of concussion while John Boxer was omitted.

League

F: Himmelberg, Dear, Hunter

HF: Menzel, Beech, Jarman

C: Knight, Thompson, Gallucci

HB: Gore, Doedee, Murphy

B: Signorello, Hill, Poholke

R: O’Brien, Greenwood, Wigg

INT: Leigh, T. Lever, J. Brown, Wittwer, De Michele

IN: Knight, Doedee, Poholke, J. Brown

OUT: Tharaldsen (concussion), Boxer

Sunday May 7
Port Adelaide v Sturt (Alberton Oval) – 2.10pm

PORT

Port Adelaide has received an injection of pace for the match against Sturt on Sunday.

Power-listed pair Karl Amon and Aidyn Johnson provide plenty of leg speed while utility Jesse Palmer has also been included in the Magpies’ squad of 23.

SANFL-constracted duo Robbie Young and Louis Sharrad have been named on the five-man extended interchange bench but must survive the cut.

Coming off a five-goal haul last round, Nathan Krakouer couldn’t be considered due to a foot problem while former Richmond wingman Matt White (hamstring) and Norwood draftee Peter Ladhams (general soreness) will enjoy a two-week rest with the Magpies out of action next weekend.

Captain Steven Summerton will play his 200th Macca’s League match after making his debut in 2006.

League

F: Johnson, Marshall, Lobbe

HF: Neade, Eddy, Monfries

C: Summerton, Ah Chee, Amon

HB: Bonner, Howard, Toumpas

B: Hewett, Austin, Lienert

R: Frampton, Atley, Palmer

INT: Drew, Irra, Snelling, R. Young, Sharrad

IN: Amon, Johnson, Palmer, R. Young, Sharrad

OUT: Krakouer (foot), White (hamstring), Ladhams (general soreness)

Reserves
Anyang, Baron, Biemans, Cooper, Corcoran, Davidson, Ginever, T. Gray, Hampton, Harris, Hawkins, Mahney, Miller, Proude, Reynolds, Rudloff, Roads, Ross, Zavryl.

STURT

Sturt has named mature-age midfielder Dwayne Wilson in its squad of 23 to confront Port at Alberton on Sunday.

Previously a member of the McDonald’s SA Under-18 team, Wilson has returned to Unley this year in strong form, evidenced by him racking up 34 disposals and 10 marks in the Reserves on Anzac Day.

The 22-year-old – who measures in at 180cm and 77kg – has been joined in the squad by goalsneak Ben Hansen, who has recovered from an ankle ailment suffered on Good Friday against Glenelg.

Premiership defender Fraser Evans will play his 100th Macca’s League match.

League

F: Sutcliffe, Beard, Gilfoy

HF: Crowden, M. Evans, Penfold

C: Sumner, Kirkwood, Crocker

HB: Colquhoun, F. Evans, Stephens

B: Page, Read, McMahon

R: Osborn, Hone, P. Wilson

INT: Thiele, Hansen, Slimming, Wildman, D. Wilson

IN: D. Wilson, Hansen

Reserves
F: Dodd, Voigt, Fahey-Sparks
HF: Carey, Applebee, Kennedy
C: Haren, Coulson, Veale
HB: Hargreaves, Moriarty, Powell
B: Zerk-Thatcher, Campbell, Paprotny

R: Parella, Samblich, Hadden
INT: Hayden

Under-18
F: Fielke, Parker-Boears, Woollard
HF: Houlahan, Coomblas, Hone
C: Lines, Aitchison, Stokes
HB: Welsby, Grieve, Worthley
B: Illman, Grundy, Weidenhofer

R: Mitchell, Trenorden, Allan
INT: Callins, Ortiz, Ellis, Cavouras
EMG: Smith, Smelt, Richards

South Adelaide v North Adelaide (Hickinbotham Oval) – 2.10pm

SOUTH

South Adelaide has regained Macca’s League regulars Alex Cailotto and Rigby Barnes for Sunday’s contest against North.

Key defender Cailotto has been named at centre half-back while livewire forward Barnes has been named on the extended interchange bench after overcoming a groin complaint.

Possible debutant Alex Moyle (22, 173cm and 76kg) has also been listed in the 23-man squad, however, the Reynella FC product must survive the cut before the bounce.

BankSA Rookie Matt Raitt has been forced out with a hamstring strain after kicking an important goal in the fourth term last Friday night.

League

F: Fairlie, Haren, Heaslip

HF: Haines, Overall, Schwarz

C: Liddle, Seccull, Hunter

HB: Fields, Cailotto, Rose

B: Rankine, Durdin, Taylor

R: Ellison, Cross, Gotch

INT: Bass, Moyle, Barnes, McMahon, Crabb

IN: Barnes, Cailotto, Moyle

OUT: Raitt (hamstring)

Reserves
Gulden, Redigolo, Szust, Millman, Whimpress, Newell, Blackwell, Helyar, Patterson, Damin, Mckinnon, Tyllis, Gurney, Aurrichio, Kappler, Jolly, Mott, J. Taylor, Anderson. EMG: Need.

Under-18
Milford, Beenham, Sampson, Irra, Illingworth, Penn, Riddle, Tucker-Cook, Bogle, Bruce, Fitt, Whitbread, Daniels, Manuel, Colwell, Milsom, Sowter, Wilkinson, McGree, Krueger, Snelling, Bradford, Marshman, Robertson, Carapetis.

NORTH

North Adelaide has been boosted by the return of star midfielder Jordie McKenzie for its clash with South on Sunday.

Sidelined since receiving a heavy knock against Central in Round 2, McKenzie has been named on the wing to face the Panthers.

The former Melbourne Demon is the only inclusion into the Roosters’ 22-man squad, with one player to be trimmed from the extended bench before the bounce.

Ruckman James Craig will play his 100th Macca’s League game while younger brother Cameron Craig will play his 50th Macca’s League game.

League

F: M. Thring, Harvey, Smith

HF: Hender, A. Barns, Motlop

C: Ryswyk, Appleton, McKenzie

HB: Clisby, Grove, Spina

B: C. Craig, Darrou, Wundke

R: J. Craig, Ramsey, Schwarz
INT: McInerney, Quinn, Virgin, Wilkie
IN: McKenzie

Reserves
F: Corbett, Gordon, C. Barns
HF: Nixon, Woolford, Boles
C: Olekalns, Shannon, Lloyd
HB: Kirk, Wharton, Wohling
B: Minervini, Patterson, Driscoll

R: Sweet, De Leonardis, Liston
INT: Matsouliadis, Rogers, Rozee, Slade

Under-18
F: Langley, Denham, Coleman-Oakes
HF: O’Leary, Szekely, Dittmar
C: Neagle, Woodcock, Henriks
HB: Aplin, Falcione, Brereton
B: Kitschke, Wilsdon, Oliphant

R: Oborn, Kennedy, Rozee
INT: Moore, Crompton, Byrne, Finckler, McWhirter, Flanagan, McNamara

GLENELG UNDER-18
F: Potter, Noble, C. McCarthy
HF: Boyle, Smith, Lockwood
C: Edwards, Denton, Carney
HB: Cock, Buchanan, O”Connell
B: Satala, Murphy, Smart

R: Flinn, Strange, B. McCarthy
INT: Jones, Papatolis, Masters, Leck
EMG: Pierson, Whitford, Potts

WEST ADELAIDE UNDER-18

Alaeddin, Baker, Caruso, Challis, Eichner, Fairlie, Geddes-Ryan, Kennedy, Laube, Rana, Walton, Mc Farlane, McCulloch, L Hocking, Gutskie, Gulliford, Smith, Crump, Smithson, Heitmann, Boots, Fazzalari, Satanek, Dunkin, Rugari.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby DOC » Thu May 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Two very good inclusions in Souths reserve side, Guilden and Redigolo.

Just need Rolfey, Brown and "Darth" Veide to make their way back and we might win one over 6 points.

South to beat North by a point.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 732 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL