AFL Round 17 (Boon in Bali)

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 17 (Boon in Bali)

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:54 am

MW wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
MW wrote:Read his full post dude

I did. Port might finish 4th,or Geelong, or GWS, maybe even Richmond. Why does it matter? Heck you might not even finish top.

You clearly didn't. Allow me to dumb it down for you...

He said "im bloody worried we finish top and the swans sneak 4th and towel us up in the first final". the relevance being he is nervous facing Sydney in the first week of the finals should the Swans finish fourth.

He didn't say "im bloody worried we finish top"

Relax dude, you are sitting top.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Minor premier has only won the flag once since 2010. Its not a good spot to finish but it is better than 9th or lower.

Twice it's happened with Collingwood in 2010 and Hawthorn in 2013 , and almost every year since 2006 the minor premier has played in the Grand Final.

Once SINCE 2010 and that was 2013.

If I said to you I haven't had a shit since yesterday would you say, hang on, you had one at 10am yesterday! :lol:

Yeah no worries, I'll change it for you. Only once since 2005 has the minor premier not played in the Grand Final, so I would suggest finishing top is not a hinderance to making the GF. What happens when you get there has nothing to do with where you finished after the minor round.

You should eat more fibre ;)

wowee, way to take what i said out of context.

It seems like the possible permutations are, at present, the crows, geelong and GWS fill the top three spots and either port or sydney grab fourth spot

So if the crows finish top they will either play a showdown or a game agaisnt the form team in the comp at the moment.

Or if they finish second they would likely play GWS who are yet to prove themselves in finals and have a significant injury list.

So it seems like finishing second might actually be better for the crows.

Of course thats not to say I am disappointed we at likely to finish top - this year is wide open and the crows are as well placed as any for a run at the flag.

Not even sure why i bothered to explain this
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am

ikr
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 am

Its not all about you benny, pp and I were just having a conversation not quoting or referring to what you said anywhere. Even yesterday at the pub someone was agreeing with my point that 2nd spot is better. Play the 3rd team with the double chance and then the 4th side in the cut throat prelim if seedings go as they should. I dont even know (or care) what you said or what it was about, I'd use the quote function or name you if I was trying to put any context on something you said.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am

bennymacca wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:[quote="Wedgie"]Minor premier has only won the flag once since 2010. Its not a good spot to finish but it is better than 9th or lower.

Twice it's happened with Collingwood in 2010 and Hawthorn in 2013 , and almost every year since 2006 the minor premier has played in the Grand Final.

Once SINCE 2010 and that was 2013.

If I said to you I haven't had a shit since yesterday would you say, hang on, you had one at 10am yesterday! [emoji38]

Yeah no worries, I'll change it for you. Only once since 2005 has the minor premier not played in the Grand Final, so I would suggest finishing top is not a hinderance to making the GF. What happens when you get there has nothing to do with where you finished after the minor round.

You should eat more fibre ;)

wowee, way to take what i said out of context.

It seems like the possible permutations are, at present, the crows, geelong and GWS fill the top three spots and either port or sydney grab fourth spot

So if the crows finish top they will either play a showdown or a game agaisnt the form team in the comp at the moment.

Or if they finish second they would likely play GWS who are yet to prove themselves in finals and have a significant injury list.

So it seems like finishing second might actually be better for the crows.

Of course thats not to say I am disappointed we at likely to finish top - this year is wide open and the crows are as well placed as any for a run at the flag.

Not even sure why i bothered to explain this[/quote]
Well mate next time you make a point or a reference or even have an opiniom on the issue you better damn well have a series of excell spreadsheets and grarhs to support it ;)

On a more serious note though I agree with you initial comment after all the guff. You finish top, get a home final against a team like Sydney who weren't even supposed tobe there after that start. Add to that they have some fairly decent form an a injury list which is looking reason at the right time of the year. It would be concern.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 pm

To win a premiership you need to beat the best no matter where you finish up on the ladder. If we are good enough and play well we will win the premiership, simple as that
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Brodlach wrote:To win a premiership you need to beat the best no matter where you finish up on the ladder. If we are good enough and play well we will win the premiership, simple as that

No you dont, you just have to beat the teams you play. Luck and ladder placement can have an enourmous impact on who wins the flag.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Wedgie wrote:Its not all about you benny, pp and I were just having a conversation not quoting or referring to what you said anywhere. Even yesterday at the pub someone was agreeing with my point that 2nd spot is better. Play the 3rd team with the double chance and then the 4th side in the cut throat prelim if seedings go as they should. I dont even know (or care) what you said or what it was about, I'd use the quote function or name you if I was trying to put any context on something you said.

my bad quoted the wrong post. was responding to PP's original assertion
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Its not all about you benny, pp and I were just having a conversation not quoting or referring to what you said anywhere. Even yesterday at the pub someone was agreeing with my point that 2nd spot is better. Play the 3rd team with the double chance and then the 4th side in the cut throat prelim if seedings go as they should. I dont even know (or care) what you said or what it was about, I'd use the quote function or name you if I was trying to put any context on something you said.

my bad quoted the wrong post. was responding to PP's original assertion

How good is the game going to be Friday night. I can't wait. I will be there with bells in the standing are of members getting on it with the boys
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 pm

yep huge game. the winner will likely finish top.

I underestimated the cats. their early season form was very patchy but they are hitting their straps at the right time of the season
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Crows by plenty on friday night. The $1.50 is a gift. They will smash the cats
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:20 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Crows by plenty on friday night. The $1.50 is a gift. They will smash the cats

lol you say this every week
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm

bennymacca wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Crows by plenty on friday night. The $1.50 is a gift. They will smash the cats

lol you say this every week
No.
Last week I said we would beat the Hawks.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:48 pm

The winner will be determined by whether Dangerfield plays or not. Cats won't win without him
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Jim05 wrote:

The winner will be determined by whether Dangerfield plays or not. Cats won't win without him
You better get on now before the price plummets....

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Surely he doesn't play?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Surely he doesn't play?
He wont play. No need to risk him. We have 2nd spot covered. We need to let the crows win so they play swans in week 1 while we smash the Giants at home

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 pm

has it been confirmed that he actually has some damage? not trying get all kane cornes on anyone, but it could have just been a heavy knock?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Tex been fined for striking Lewis. Don't remember that one...
Vince gets 2 weeks for striking Betts, but only a fine for rough conduct on Douglas. Thought that might have been the other way around.
Robertson gets 1 week for headbutting and fined for kneeing. Martin fined twice.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:10 pm

MW wrote:Tex been fined for striking Lewis. Don't remember that one...
Vince gets 2 weeks for striking Betts, but only a fine for rough conduct on Douglas. Thought that might have been the other way around.

yeah i thought the douglas one was worse than the betts one and he might have got 1 week
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL