Round 13

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 13

Postby JK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Would be much easier to lump it all at the feet of one non-AFC member, but Im sure its all legit :lol:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:There was a kids school game played at Richmond on Saturday as there was no reserves game because of the Crows not having a reserves side but they had to be finished 1 hour before the league side started as apparently this is what is protocol for a crows game.
Every kid and his parent bar one left straight after as they didn't want to wait one hour for the league game to start.

How ridiculous is that, that the kids have to finish that early coz the crows want the oval to warm up on.

lol

What's funny?

The SANFL reserves don't finish an hour beforehand so why should the school kids?
It just made about 100 people(kids and parents) leave coz they didn't want to wait an hour for the main game.

Shouldn't we be encouraging people to stay?

Surely the Crows don't need an hour to warm up?

MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:14 am

Gotta say I'm with "MW" on this one. It's a massive beat up, loose on facts, fuelled by a f***wit from a Murdoch paper with a childish vendetta to snipe as much as possible at his chosen target for the times. The whole story and subsequent articles plays to fixed mindsets and prejudices while not being at all correct, Trump, Spicer, Conway and Goebells would be proud.
This whole circus is a magnifying glass on the current state of journalism, social media, and the state of Aussie Rules at the moment, every aspect lacks any integrity.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby MW » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:41 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:Gotta say I'm with "MW" on this one. It's a massive beat up, loose on facts, fuelled by a f***wit from a Murdoch paper with a childish vendetta to snipe as much as possible at his chosen target for the times. The whole story and subsequent articles plays to fixed mindsets and prejudices while not being at all correct, Trump, Spicer, Conway and Goebells would be proud.
This whole circus is a magnifying glass on the current state of journalism, social media, and the state of Aussie Rules at the moment, every aspect lacks any integrity.

Well said.
MW
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:51 am

MW wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm not saying anything new.
The person who complained was a security guard who was sitting next to where they were banging. He didn't like it and asked a Westies official if they can stop.
The reason the Crows are lumped into this is he was privately contracted by Adelaide for their players and staff.
This has been confirmed by Adelaide and West.

I thought...

MW wrote:The funniest part will be when all is revealed...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 am

Wedgie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:Depends on your definition of official

Someone who has a role amongst the club would be my definition.
So was Warren Partland lying or was a West Adelaide official lying or is it the truth? Has to one of those?

As I understand it West made a special mention of it at their presentations backing their "officials".
Unprofessional from one of the two clubs, it's be awkward if someone supported both the clubs but I couldn't conceive that considering they play in the same comp.

or could it be just some-one who was just an annoyed spectator and the cheer squad claimed it was an official.

That doesn't make sense, I doubt West Adelaide or Warren Partland would be that unprofessional, or are you saying they are? Big call mate, hope you are sure of those facts or have a good lawyer.

Wedgie, what is the issue sounding like now?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby JK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:00 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:Gotta say I'm with "MW" on this one. It's a massive beat up, loose on facts, fuelled by a f***wit from a Murdoch paper with a childish vendetta to snipe as much as possible at his chosen target for the times. The whole story and subsequent articles plays to fixed mindsets and prejudices while not being at all correct, Trump, Spicer, Conway and Goebells would be proud.

Whilst I agree with your take on Rucci, the issue is/was very real by my mail. Don't be fooled by the West Lakes PR machine
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:08 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Someone who has a role amongst the club would be my definition.
So was Warren Partland lying or was a West Adelaide official lying or is it the truth? Has to one of those?

As I understand it West made a special mention of it at their presentations backing their "officials".
Unprofessional from one of the two clubs, it's be awkward if someone supported both the clubs but I couldn't conceive that considering they play in the same comp.

or could it be just some-one who was just an annoyed spectator and the cheer squad claimed it was an official.

That doesn't make sense, I doubt West Adelaide or Warren Partland would be that unprofessional, or are you saying they are? Big call mate, hope you are sure of those facts or have a good lawyer.

Wedgie, what is the issue sounding like now?

No different to the start mate.
A Crows official advised West Adelaide an official complaint was to be made. Either the Crows official, West Adelaide and/or two journalists now lied or the Crows lied.
I know who I'd believe taking track records into account.
Sad sooky franchise with even sadder sookier fans. And they both just keep on giving, embarassing themselves continuously with new comedy gold. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby MW » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
The person who complained was a security guard who was sitting next to where they were banging. He didn't like it and asked a Westies official if they can stop.
The reason the Crows are lumped into this is he was privately contracted by Adelaide for their players and staff.

I thought...

Open your eyes and ears and be open to the truth. That's all I'll say.
MW
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Pot, Kettle etc.

You claim to be a Westies supporter, have you asked around among those at your club that would know?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm

MW wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I thought...

Very zen. Which is a good excuse for...

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:27 pm

MW wrote:Not defensive, just find it amusing the Crows are a constant punching bag for middle aged/elderly men who don't even attend the SANFL anymore out of spite, to tee off on.
It doesn't affect me in the slightest as I'm able to support both West in the SANFL and Crows in AFL.
It doesn't concern me at all if someone didn't like banging on a fence.

Nope, nothing to see here folks. Nope we are not concerned, if we were concerned we wouldn't be talking about it so much and trying to deflect blame. Nope I don't mind the sound of people banging on the fence, in fact I love it! And I have loved it from the moment that this complaint blew up in our faces, whoops! Did I just say that? No, I mean... it wasn't the Crows that complained, it was a Crows supporter, no, actually it wasn't a Crows supporter, and even if it was, the complaint would not be official, because Crows supporters are not official, and if they were, they wouldn't have complained, because we don't complain about people banging on fences, not even officially... and if someone doesn't like the sound of people banging on the fence, that would not concern me either, because I am not official and I am not a security guard... I mean ummm...
Everybody look over there!!! Look!!! There's a Melbourne supporter using bad language! Don't look over here, because there's no one complaining about people banging on the fence here.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby westiesforever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi lads ,

Enjoy reading the thoughts and opinions of those that post on here and felt maybe I should have a say as a member of the Westies Cheer Squad . We were approached by the ground security supervisor and advised that they had received a complaint from an 'Adelaide Crows Official' about us banging on the fence excessively . We took what he said on face value as we had no reason to believe that he would lie to us about this . We refused to tone it down or stop as it is something we do every home game as part of our chants and occasionally to distract opposition having a shot for goal (no different to booing imo). The security supervisor then left and we had no further interaction with them about it for the remainder of the game . Needless to say we were a lot louder with our fence banging and chanting after the interaction with security and were encouraged to do so by our footy club. The only other thing we were told on the day was by West that a crows official had said they would be making an official complaint to the league. I won't speculate on that part further because I wasn't involved with that conversation as we were still cheering the bloods on as we do, so it could've been a private security contractor hired by the crows but your guess on that is as good as mine .

It was fantastic to have the backing of our Westies family, we may be a small squad but have plenty passion for our Bloods . Hope this helps answer some questions from a cheer squad perspective .

Looking forward to heading to Noarlunga this week with our tails up ! Go Bloods !
westiesforever
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Good on ya Westiesforever, great to see the little guys with guts standing up, not just for themselves, but for football and what it stands for in general.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby westiesforever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:59 pm

therisingblues wrote:Good on ya Westiesforever, great to see the little guys with guts standing up, not just for themselves, but for football and what it stands for in general.

Cheers therisingblues ! All the SANFL clubs have diehard passionate fans and should always have the right to cheer our teams on in the right spirit as we had been doing on Saturday .
westiesforever
Mini-League

Postby Magellan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:04 pm

westiesforever wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Good on ya Westiesforever, great to see the little guys with guts standing up, not just for themselves, but for football and what it stands for in general.

Cheers therisingblues ! All the SANFL clubs have diehard passionate fans and should always have the right to cheer our teams on in the right spirit as we had been doing on Saturday .

Yep, well done westiesforever. You guys have been banging those fences for ages now, all part of the colour that makes up a footy match. Keep up the loud work, especially when you front the PoSA again.

Must admit, I kind of feel sorry for that poor fence though. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 pm

MW wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I thought...

Your posts kept alluding to a smoking gun that suggests this is made up, like you were in possession of some info the rest of us weren't.
My ears and eyes are open, because surely a large football club could not be this stupid, but you are yet to provide the smoking gun you keep hinting at with your posts.
Maybe, because, like myself, you weren't there and have chosen to believe the version you'd like to believe.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby westiesforever » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Magellan wrote:
westiesforever wrote:

Yep, well done westiesforever. You guys have been banging those fences for ages now, all part of the colour that makes up a footy match. Keep up the loud work, especially when you front the PoSA again.

Must admit, I kind of feel sorry for that poor fence though. ;)

Cheers Magellan , we sure do plan to keep our loud work up its great fun especially now the Bloods have strung a few wins together . I can confirm that a few pop rivets came away from some signage on the fence Saturday ... haha oops :D
westiesforever
Mini-League

Postby Ronnie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:44 pm

It's more comical than serious but you know, in an alternative universe to the one we live in, the Crows would, when the truth demanded it, come out and admit publicly to a f*** up every now and again.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby MW » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
MW wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I thought...

Your posts kept alluding to a smoking gun that suggests this is made up, like you were in possession of some info the rest of us weren't.
My ears and eyes are open, because surely a large football club could not be this stupid, but you are yet to provide the smoking gun you keep hinting at with your posts.
Maybe, because, like myself, you weren't there and have chosen to believe the version you'd like to believe.

Why do you continue to believe alternative truths dogwatcher?
You need to separate hatred from facts and truths. Don't let it get you down to the point you don't know what you should believe anymore.
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL