Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & results.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:15 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
Booney wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
Exactly right there Booney. People whinge about White, Young and others that come in and out of the team, but no one at SANFL level is smashing down the door and playing better footy than them. As i said yesterday, Young will go back to the SANFL this week and pick up 30 and will be back to the 1's at the next opportunity. Yes he hasn't performed well at AFL level this season, but he is going back to the Maggies and doing what has been asked better than anyone else. No one else is putting their hand up week in week out saying i deserved to be picked for the Power. This off-season is going to be cruicial. Motlop and Rockliff will be very big ins for us and may see us take the next step to be a better and more consistent side

Given morell's "pick anyone" philosophy (based purely on structure), if they were to call up Snelling or Drew or Palmer and they have a stinker and we lose then as many people would be saying "Why'd they pick him?"

Exactly. Just like everyone is carrying on now about Monfries

Agree with said except the Monfries comment. Why publicly say he won't be picked until he plays two more matches, have a bye so not play at all then throw him in the deep end of a vital Showdown after not playing AFL for 2 years. One of the more stupid selections in AFL history IMO
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
Booney wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
Exactly right there Booney. People whinge about White, Young and others that come in and out of the team, but no one at SANFL level is smashing down the door and playing better footy than them. As i said yesterday, Young will go back to the SANFL this week and pick up 30 and will be back to the 1's at the next opportunity. Yes he hasn't performed well at AFL level this season, but he is going back to the Maggies and doing what has been asked better than anyone else. No one else is putting their hand up week in week out saying i deserved to be picked for the Power. This off-season is going to be cruicial. Motlop and Rockliff will be very big ins for us and may see us take the next step to be a better and more consistent side

Given morell's "pick anyone" philosophy (based purely on structure), if they were to call up Snelling or Drew or Palmer and they have a stinker and we lose then as many people would be saying "Why'd they pick him?"

Agree with said except the Monfries comment. Why publicly say he won't be picked until he plays two more matches, have a bye so not play at all then throw him in the deep end of a vital Showdown after not playing AFL for 2 years. One of the more stupid selections in AFL history IMO

I don't think he said "play 2 more matches" as Monfries had played several after his hamstring back in around May (IIRC), I think Hinkley said he was wanting to see more consistency, and he'd provided that.

Anywho, whilst I agreed with the selection it turned out to be a stinker, but so too was the selection of Young, Impey, S.Gray and several others on the weekend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Nope he actually said 2 more matches, heard it myself
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gossipgirl » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 pm

Port can still make the top 4 with 3 very winnable games left and they still have the second best percentage.
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:25 pm

gossipgirl wrote:Port can still make the top 4 with 3 very winnable games left and they still have the second best percentage.

Not while we're playing like a bottom 4 side.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:28 pm

gossipgirl wrote:Port can still make the top 4 with 3 very winnable games left and they still have the second best percentage.

Crows would absolutely love them to finish fourth
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby gossipgirl » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:36 pm

Jim05 wrote:

it certainly would be .. perhaps they need some apricot slices to give them some help :D
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:18 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
Booney wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

*If* we lose. 8)

I dont really care what combination of wingers, flankers and pockets we pick, whoever is in those positions and in form. For mine, it's much more important to get the key position structure right. Which we havent. Its clear as day.

My point is - let's give 3 talls a go. I'd like Dixon, Howard and Westhoff. If we really want to keep Westhoff on the wing, then play Dixon, Howard and Trengove.

We played 3 talls vs Sydney, Freo and the first showdown - by any measure, all reasonably good results. Why did we go away from it? Because Eddy didn't have a great showdown? OK. Drop him for *another key forward* not a ******* forward defensive midget.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby mots02 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:28 pm

morell wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
Booney wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

*If* we lose. 8)

I dont really care what combination of wingers, flankers and pockets we pick, whoever is in those positions and in form. For mine, it's much more important to get the key position structure right. Which we havent. Its clear as day.

My point is - let's give 3 talls a go. I'd like Dixon, Howard and Westhoff. If we really want to keep Westhoff on the wing, then play Dixon, Howard and Trengove.

We played 3 talls vs Sydney, Freo and the first showdown - by any measure, all reasonably good results. Why did we go away from it? Because Eddy didn't have a great showdown? OK. Drop him for *another key forward* not a ******* forward defensive midget.

So let me get this straight - you think Port need to play another tall forward? why haven't you mentioned this before?! :lol:
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby valleys07 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Feenix wrote:This week's MRP results

Brodie Grundy and Tom Hawkins can both accept two-week bans. Shane Mumford, Mitch Duncan and Zach Merrett can accept one-week bans.

Not disputing the suspension, but only in the AFL could there be a 2 week suspension handed out for an action that was awarded a free kick on game day 8-}
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby stan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:57 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

it certainly would be .. perhaps they need some apricot slices to give them some help :D
I think it is looking likely that Port wont get 4th and it will be Geelong coming to Adelaide in that first final. A Selwood-less Geelong in fact.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:35 pm

stan wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I think it is looking likely that Port wont get 4th and it will be Geelong coming to Adelaide in that first final. A Selwood-less Geelong in fact.

We'll be lucky to win another game so we won't be even making the 4.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Are you and MT79 sharing logins now?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby gossipgirl » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Sounds like no one is going to make the top 4. Geelong are a shoe in
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Cats will win this week but no certainty for top 4.
Doesnt matter.
We will be like the Dogs last year and use the bye to assist our Premiership glory
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:55 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Cats will win this week but no certainty for top 4.
Doesnt matter.
We will be like the Dogs last year and use the umpires to assist our Premiership glory

EFA

;) ;) ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Feenix » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Doesnt matter.
We will be like the Dogs last year and use the bye to assist our Premiership glory

Pity the Cats cant win after a bye
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Doesnt matter.

If we win this week we will make the top 4. I think we will get pumped though. I hope you are correct though. I reckon a few Crows supporters wouldn't be that keen playing Geelong in the first week of finals.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Im not sure how we lose...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Hefty » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:10 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Doesnt matter.

If we win this week we will make the top 4. I think we will get pumped though. I hope you are correct though. I reckon a few Crows supporters wouldn't be that keen playing Geelong in the first week of finals.

We would rather play Geelong than Sydney in first week of finals.
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL